Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cupola12  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 6:15:42 PM(UTC)
Cupola12

OK, do not jump as I am a newbie here but a couple of points...

Firstly, GF9 do not specify exactly contents of models as disclaimer "actual contents may vary" so I wonder...will the crew or even simply a commander and open hatch option be available on these models>>>?Would anyone else such as myself like to see this as I do not buy BF models but am intrigued as to quality vs other 15mm options?

Secondly, the upgrade options (crew etc.) will be cool but what about a fire first then movement rewarding higher initiative and forward planners...could go on here for 1000 words but think about the possibilities to interrupt movement when withholding fire during firing phase but saving that token (choose in planning - fire or move) then spending when wish...more options for tactical planners as half an hour game will become 10 minutes with these basic rules at 100 points.

Cheers...thanks for reading and Happy Easter

Cupola

Poi  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:36:13 PM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
We're all news for this game.

Looking at the assembly diagrams in the store, I don't think commanders are included. As these are the regular FoW sprues, most of the commanders are on a separate frame of five, not the main tank frame.

As to game length, ten minutes at a hundred points will only happen if you dont use scenery.

Edited by user Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:36:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thundertotem  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 4:07:44 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I have bags and bags of 15mm commanders. If they come with them, it's all good.

I might use the same rule I used for Might Armies and DBA, each player picks out 2 terrain pieces and places them in alternating order.
Panzer Vor!!!
actionmackie  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 4:21:51 AM(UTC)
actionmackie

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Managed to grab a sprue of Flames of War US tank commanders to pimp up my tanks and since we're getting loads of spare tank cards, got 3 Sherman V/Fireflys for £9

I can see the game expanding as it grows with more tactical options opening up, might even see recovery tanks that could aid repair abilities or light tanks that are pretty useless in combat but can provide some sort of buff