Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Axeman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:33:30 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I had two solo games earlier today. Not had a huge number of games so far so at least I could be sure of playing both sides with equal ineptitude!

Both games featured three 76m Shermans with a few upgrades against three SU85 (Precise Loader and Arrowhead Shot) and a T34/85 (Radio Coordinator and Dead Eye Gunner). Not an historical confrontation but it was good enough as a test.

In the first game the Shermans used the cover of buildings well and managed to pick off the SU85s individually. The Russians were rolling well for defence but the Americans were able to outflank them and take them out one by one.

In the second game I kept the SU85s grouped more closely together and despite one of them being "one-shotted" by War Daddy Pool the others combined with the T34/85 to destroy two Shermans. The final Sherman was hampered by a Stunned Crew crit then finished off with an Engine Fire.

I enjoyed using the SU85s and found the "Fast" ability useful at times. I think I'll try a different build next time with some Initiative boosts and see how that turns out.

Cheers, Andy