Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LordOfKhemri  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:41:26 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Sort of hit the beach but Germans not defending.
Game 2 was my first outing with Germans. Got to love the Soviets though, much more my mentality of getting stuck in.

Game 1
He had 2 Sherman v, a firefly and a comet defending the corner objective. I had 4 stugs and 2 panzer iv.
The Germans won quite easily. He had the Shermans in a wood but 2 stugs and a panzer took them out.

Blitzkrieg is wonderful in the hit the beach scenario as it takes a while to get across the board.

Firefly hid behind a bunker but was eventually flushed out to try to stop me getting VPs. Comet lasted a long time pulling a couple of audacious moves using fast, once slipping between 2 stugs to avoid them and shoot at a panzer.

Luckily for me the Comet fluffed big time and I legged it, The Comet had to try to get back to avoid defeat but eventually died leaving me with 2 dead stugs and a dead panzer but many a beer was had in the bars of Berlin.

Game 2
Soviets defending their bunker,me, t34x2, t34/85,su100
Germans, stug, panzer iv, pantherx2.

Soviets stay put, Germans advance. The 85 had i8, shot the improved armour panther, bit of damage then radioed the su100. 7 shots, took panther down to 1 hit left. Panther turns turret, 2 unsaved crits on su100. Ammo hit, 3 damage, followed by... Ammo hit, 3 more, dead su!
I think I did shout out "sh*t!".
As in the previous game Germans on me very quickly. Valiant rearguard took out the other panther but not before it wasted a t34.

The commander's 85 lost hit points regularly and died a glorious death trying to stem the German advance.

With one t34 left v stug and panzer iv I thought I was still in with a chance, panzer iv shot me, my crew bailed out before they could shoot the stug which then finished it off as the crew watched from behind a hedge :(.

If the su100 had lived one more turn I think I would have won. 7 shots at i8 is splendid.
If the Panther hadn't suffered so much damage on turn 1, I think I would have lost much quicker as the Panther would have been much more active.

Bunkers are a bit rubbish, trenches are a waste of time generally but tank traps are free and block movement.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 10:14:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Rhet Sark  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:12:52 PM(UTC)
Rhet Sark

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thanks for the report.
We tried out Hit the beach today for the first time (we only have one starter amongst 4 players, and some FOW tanks to use with it so we don't get to play often...)
I attacked with 3 Sherman 76s, (2 with precise Loader), the third with War Daddy, Jailbird, Improvised Armor, and some liquid courage.
My opponent defended with 2 Panthers and a Panzer. His commanders and drivers boosted his shooting initiatives. He also used 2 bunkers and 2 tank traps.

I ran my forests down the diagonal from my starting area straight towards the objective. He flanked the forest nearest the objective with his bunkers, and his traps were almost at the other two corners of the board. He placed his bunkers facing my side of the board, so by turn 3 or 4 I was past them and they had nothing to shoot at.

His Panthers used the bunkers for cover in the early game, in the hopes of a pincer move mid game. His Panzer came at me straight through the forest. I ran my 3 shermans straight at him through the forests. By turn 3 the Panzer was a smoking heap of improvised cover, and one of my spare shermans was one hit away from the same fate.

On turn 4 he pincered with the Panthers but the fast and loose movement rules of TANKS had my low initiative Shermans tail to tail in the far forest while War Daddy lined up a close, no cover, side shot on a panther. By turn 5 my dead tank was nearly kitty corner with the dead panzer forming a nice block to line of sight near the objective, and both panthers were hurting. my 2nd Sherman made a break for the objective.

On turn 6 the Panther's lined up side, close shots on that Sherman and fried him ON the objective while War Daddy finished off the lead panther.

On turn 7 War Daddy outflanked the remaining panther hiding behind the smoking remains of a Sherman from the corner furthest from my starting point, just behind the objective. After trading shots, at close range, with the Sherman getting a side shot and the panther not getting one, both tanks survived and thus the Germans won the day.

We did not play turn 8 because the best I could get might be just one victory point if I finished the last Panther.