Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gimgamgoo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:17:52 AM(UTC)
Gimgamgoo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

I just got my starter the other day and I'm about to paint up the the three models.
:-)

However, I have a couple of questions relating to the cards;

Q1.
I've read there are unique hero cards in the expansions as incentive to buy them - I'm happy with this marketing strategy - but what I've not been able to find out if there are upgrade cards usable by any faction that are in the expansions that aren't in the starter.
In other words, as a US and German player, am I going to have to buy Soviet and British expansions for upgrade cards to use even though I have no intention of playing those two countries. X-Wing does this, and although it generate sales, it's a real put off.

Q2.
I realise why there's two of each Sherman card in the starter, but why 2 Wittmans?

Thanks for any answers...
Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:15:30 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
A1:
Each expansion has one nation specific Hero (except the Soviet T34, which has two Hero cards) unique to that expansion.

All other cards are repeats of Crew/Upgrades in the Starter, though each nation has one expansion that replaces a Global upgrade with their Nation-specific Ammo card (American Pershing - Hyper-Velocity Shot; German Panther - Tungsten Shot; British Sherman - Super-Velocity Shot; Soviet T34 - Arrowhead Shot).

A2:
That would be a mispack. You should have four American and 3 German Hero cards. From mispack reports so far, I haven't heard of anyone getting extra cards, so you're probably missing a Crew/Upgrade card to account for the extra Wittmann.

You should have 4 American Heroes, 3 German Heroes, 28 Global Crew/Upgrades, 4 National Ammo, and 32 Critical Cards.
Cool Breeze  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:25:50 AM(UTC)
Cool Breeze

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
A2 - If it was the same mistake as mine, you'll be missing Ernst Barkmann. I've submitted a request email to both GF9 and Battlefront. Only peep I've heard back is the immediate automated response from Battlefront telling me someone would reply to my request the next business morning. From Battlefront that should have been Friday morning. GF9 has had a week to respond to me, but all I've heard are crickets. I'm guessing this week they will all be involved with GenCon and I'll be lucky if I hear anything before a week from today.

Seriously disappointed in their lack of response. Especially since I've usually gotten stellar service. My only odd hope is they threw a Barkmann card in with my newest monthly terrain shipment which is due here Friday. Very doubtful though considering there has been no notification of such.

Hopefully you'll have better luck.
EGO sum in vestri substructio caedes vestri populus!
Gimgamgoo  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:19:22 AM(UTC)
Gimgamgoo

Originally Posted by: Carlson793 Go to Quoted Post
A1:
You should have 4 American Heroes, 3 German Heroes, 28 Global Crew/Upgrades, 4 National Ammo, and 32 Critical Cards.

Thanks for the heads up.
My starter had;
4 German heroes (Woll, Barkmann, Wittmann x2)
4 US heroes (Pool, Oller, Richards, Boggs)
4 nation specific ammo (1 for each nation)
28 global upgrades/crew

I have another starter on the way so hopefully I'll have every card covered in the end.

It's nice to know there isn't plans to have cards I'll need in different nation expansions.
Carlson793  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:30:57 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gimgamgoo Go to Quoted Post
It's nice to know there isn't plans to have cards I'll need in different nation expansions.

Don't be so sure. Put Clarence H. Mason (US Sherman Expansion) in a Super Pershing, and you have a tank with a base Defense of 4. Set that tank in Woods (Cover - +1 Defense) and you have a tank that has max 6 Defense dice* and re-rolling attacks via Shooting While Stationary.

*Because let's face it: your opponent isn't going to let his tanks sit still while your Super Pershing beast shoots holes in him, so you'll pick up a Def die or two from their movement.
Gimgamgoo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:21:36 AM(UTC)
Gimgamgoo

Originally Posted by: Carlson793 Go to Quoted Post

Don't be so sure. Put Clarence H. Mason (US Sherman Expansion) in a Super Pershing, and you have a tank with a base Defense of 4. Set that tank in Woods (Cover - +1 Defense) and you have a tank that has max 6 Defense dice* and re-rolling attacks via Shooting While Stationary.

*Because let's face it: your opponent isn't going to let his tanks sit still while your Super Pershing beast shoots holes in him, so you'll pick up a Def die or two from their movement.

That's fine though. It's a US card in a US expansion - even if he is commanding a different tank to the one he came with.
What I'm hoping never happens is the release of decent global upgrades in an expansion for a nation I have no plans in getting. X-wing annoyed me with upgrade cards I could use but they only came in a faction I didn't want to buy. In effect you have to buy a model/expansion booster just for 1 card. Let's hope Tanks stays away from that marketing model.
Cool Breeze  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:10:13 AM(UTC)
Cool Breeze

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's fine though. It's a US card in a US expansion - even if he is commanding a different tank to the one he came with.
What I'm hoping never happens is the release of decent global upgrades in an expansion for a nation I have no plans in getting. X-wing annoyed me with upgrade cards I could use but they only came in a faction I didn't want to buy. In effect you have to buy a model/expansion booster just for 1 card. Let's hope Tanks stays away from that marketing model.

So very true. Even if you play all factions, or are a collector like me, having to buy multiples of a nearly useless model just to get a squadron's worth of a single excellent universal card really kicks you right in the...

Wallet.

Tiberium shuttle, I'm looking at you. 😾
EGO sum in vestri substructio caedes vestri populus!
Rhet Sark  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:35:42 AM(UTC)
Rhet Sark

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I'm going to have to follow up on this. I have two Barkmans. Likely I am missing a different hero. I need to come back to this post when I am at home with my cards.