Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tracy George  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 9:42:41 PM(UTC)
Tracy George

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 5 post(s)
A battle between the USA and the Soviets. 100 points per side. In this battle I have revised my upgrades and crew cards for my Soviet T-34/85s. Will the new upgrades and crew work?

thanks 2 users thanked Tracy George for this useful post.
Sean at TANKS HQ on 7/5/2016(UTC), FreedomFighter on 7/8/2016(UTC)
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 5:07:15 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Good report, but I am not so sure the average opponent would split up his forces that way for you. The Americans probably should have stuck together and concentrated their fire and took advantage of Gung Ho as they maneuvered.

I had not thought of tanks giving cover (extra defense die) to each other, so I need to remember that one. I am not sure if the Pershing should be used to provide cover for the Shermans or vice versa. I assume the Shermans should sacrifice themselves to give cover to the Pershing since its attacks are more potent.
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:02:16 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
I had not thought of tanks giving cover (extra defense die) to each other, so I need to remember that one. I am not sure if the Pershing should be used to provide cover for the Shermans or vice versa. I assume the Shermans should sacrifice themselves to give cover to the Pershing since its attacks are more potent.

If they're all moving quickly, the Pershing will have an easier time getting to 6 defense dice without needing cover. Sounds like an interesting tactic.
Tracy George  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:30:29 AM(UTC)
Tracy George

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
Good report, but I am not so sure the average opponent would split up his forces that way for you. The Americans probably should have stuck together and concentrated their fire and took advantage of Gung Ho as they maneuvered.

I have played this Soviet list (but with some different upgrade/crew cards) against several different opponents and they have tried different techniques against my Soviets. Most of them have their tanks stay together. In this battle I wanted the USA player to be more aggressive. So, they moved up and were trying to limit the options for the Soviets on their movement. Also, I wanted to try a pincher move. Made it more difficult for the Soviets to keep only one tank able to shoot at them. When the opponent's tanks move together I have found out it is generally easier of the Soviets to maneuver where only one enemy tank, most of the time, gets to shoot. You can try to get your Soviets on the side of the flank of the opponent's tanks. Then, the opponent's tanks limit who can shoot because they can't shoot their own tanks. Their own tanks block line of sight. But, yeah they could stay together. Maybe next time I'll try them being less aggressive and staying together or aggressive and staying together.
shifty33  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:22:37 AM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
tracy im wondering in your soviet list if u would be better off with instead of sharpeshooter gunner taking deadly gunner and some 1pt equipment to protect your crew. reason i say this is cause sharpeshooter helps get crits like bailed out which is nice but at int 5 u are ushually shooting after the enemy. so there little less effective but with deadly gunner u can hopfully nock out an enemy tank befor the next turn. im just thinking with a low int for shooting the more damage would be more use full. i think sharpshooter is better on high int tanks so they can get things like bailed out to prevent the shooting to happen in the first place. also deadly gives u 1 pts to put some kinda crew protection like med kit or liquid courage.