Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m10duckbill  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 9:00:44 AM(UTC)
m10duckbill

Like many people who play Flames of War, I have hundreds of 15mm tanks at home and over a dozen 28mm/32mm tanks as well. I have entire platoons of British, American, Russian, and German tanks in the larger scale. I think this game would work great in both scales, as well as 20mm.

Is there a way of just buying the cards without the models? I don't need the models at all and would like to have a cheaper way of getting into this game.

If this doesn't exist, BF/GF9 would do well to give people like me a way into the game, preferably 100% digital, that would keep me from getting killed by my wife by bringing more tanks into my house that even I will admit I don't need.
Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 10:18:09 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Honestly, the cheapest way into the game is the Starter Set. Yes, you'll be getting three more tanks for your 'overgrown' collection, but you'll also be getting the Criticals deck, rule book, cards for all the tanks in initial release (one each except for Sherman 75mm and 76mm, which are two each), one each of all the non-hero crew and global upgrades, plus damage and movement tokens, measuring arrow, and terrain. All for $25 US.

Another alternative is to find a friend who bought multiples of the Starter and beg for the non-tank parts from the box, but the main reason for multiple starters is to give you multiples of the crew/upgrade cards, so you'd probably be without those.
Seamus  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:57:11 AM(UTC)
Seamus

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
yes you can.... Miniature market has this: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gf9tanks21.html on their site for pre-order and it is just an 80 card set
\m/ O.o \m/
Japherwaki  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:40:35 AM(UTC)
Japherwaki

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The card set is not something that is in the works anymore. It was something they were considering earlier on, but they've decided to drop the product.

http://tanks.gf9games.co...osts&m=3299#post3299
Seamus  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:18:14 PM(UTC)
Seamus

then perhaps they should inform their distributors, seeing as I've already pre-ordered a set
\m/ O.o \m/
Mowie  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:01:42 PM(UTC)
Mowie

Originally Posted by: Seamus Go to Quoted Post
then perhaps they should inform their distributors, seeing as I've already pre-ordered a set

Maybe the stores need to update their sites too!

Seamus  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:11:24 AM(UTC)
Seamus

web stores cannot update inventory if the manufacturers aren't saying something to them, but I get what you mean... On a brighter note I WAS able to cancel the preorder
\m/ O.o \m/
Mowie  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:46:31 AM(UTC)
Mowie

Originally Posted by: Seamus Go to Quoted Post
web stores cannot update inventory if the manufacturers aren't saying something to them, but I get what you mean... On a brighter note I WAS able to cancel the preorder

I can't speak for all stores but I did notice that Wayland games does not have it listed on their site anymore.

At least you cancelled it.