Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reksio  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 6:35:34 PM(UTC)
Reksio

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey,

I just announced the first TANKS tournament that is going to happen in Poland. I was thinking of tournament rules. The ones I have come up so far with:

100 points (easy)
5 missions - each with a 1 hour time limit - 2x KotH, 2x NR, 1x FFA
Scoring is pretty much like football (soccer) - 3 points if you win, 1 point for a draw and 0 if you lost the game
tie breaker are the build points that you were left with at the end of the game.

Sounds feasible?
Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:35:49 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Sounds good, though I'm not quite sure on the tie breaker. It'd be possible, though unlikely, that a German player with three undamaged StuGs could lose a tie breaker to an American player with a Super Pershing that's down to its last damage point. Maybe instead make the tie breaker the Damage Capacity left on the board.
Reksio  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:48:07 AM(UTC)
Reksio

Maybe what I wrote was not 100% understandable - sorry for this. What I meant that during one single game, winner is determined by the scenario rules. It could be a win (3 pts), draw (1 pt), loss (0 pts). Also, each time you would count up the points remaining on the table as the tie breaker for the whole tournament.

As for using damage capacity left for the tie breaker - it is pretty much the same as using build points I would say. The only difference is that everyone starts with 100 build points with which they can purchase a variable number of Damage Capacity. My concern then is that we are not comparing apples to apples. Thanks for the hint anyway - maybe with more games in, I would find it a good solution! :)
MegaSilver  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:07:27 AM(UTC)
MegaSilver

Well, since destroyed tanks have the option to shoot, it's entirely possible that two tanks could destroy each other at the end of the round resulting in a tie.

Due to the similarities to X-Wing, I would recommend using their tournament rules as guidance until official tournament rules are made for Tanks.
Graeme  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:17:11 AM(UTC)
Graeme

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I would maybe drop the 2 No retreat missions for 2 Panzer Aces missions. That way you have 3 objective based and 2 points based missions.

You might want to consider if damaged tanks should keep their full build points when considering the tie breaker.
sorniak  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:30:04 AM(UTC)
sorniak

Just curious, where exactly in Poland? Because Im from Poland too...
Reksio  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:37:19 AM(UTC)
Reksio

Łódź. Please see the full details of the tournament here: http://wargamer.pl/forum...pic.php?f=77&t=19166