Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MaOle  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:37:38 AM(UTC)
MaOle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Late Shermans ("75" and "76") have 6 Hull Points, which is comparable to the Panther. It's quite a lot. At the same time, T-34s have only 5, despite similar frontal armour protection to M4A3 Shermans in reality (at least according to my Sekrit Dokuments). British Shermans have only 4 or 5 (V and Firefly, respectively) HP, exactly like Early US Shermans (keep in mind that the British Shermans have new hulls).
What's the reason for the differences?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:06:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added some clarification

OCD Paul  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
OCD Paul

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Going from memory so you'll hopefully see some corrections on this, but I think having the front plate being at the new angle, wet-storage, and it being the late model just having all the minor 'corrections' that they've learned from years of battlefield. And probably most important of all, game-play balance for the starter set I'm thinking.
Trying to keep the discussion alive Here
thanks 1 user thanked OCD Paul for this useful post.
MaOle on 2/14/2018(UTC)
BonusJoe  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:30:53 AM(UTC)
BonusJoe

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Paul is right. The late war Shermans, like the E8 were much tougher armor wise than the earlier ones. They also didn't pop or catch fire as easily. As the intro set has Pershings, Comets, etc. I take it as an end of war setting which explains why the Shermans would be at their toughest.
thanks 1 user thanked BonusJoe for this useful post.
MaOle on 2/15/2018(UTC)