Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thundertotem  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 3:07:20 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Got a few questions.

First: A friend of mine brought this up. Seeing how the starter sets contains everything for two players to play the game, It only has one Crit deck, are we supposed to share the deck or split it evenly? The guys I have been playing with and some of the tournaments I have played, stated each player needs their own deck.

Second: When rolling defense and you roll a 6. Does it Automatically cancel any crit (6) the attacker rolls or can the defender use it to cancel a hit instead of canceling the attacker's rolls of 6?
Panzer Vor!!!
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 3:55:47 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
While I balk at this official ruling, and urge each player to supply their own deck, Sean has said that players are supposed to share a deck in competitive play.

According to the rules as written, each defensive success can cancel any attacking success, critical or otherwise. A defense roll of 4 or 5 cancels a hit or crit of the ATTACKER'S choice. A defensive roll of 6 cancels a hit or crit of the DEFENDER'S choice.

Sometimes an attacker will choose to cancel a crit to guarantee lethal damage to a tank, and sometimes a defender will choose to cancel a hit in the hopes of drawing a Zero Damage crit card.
xFascistUnicorn  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 3:22:59 AM(UTC)
xFascistUnicorn

You are in fact supposed to share the deck between the two players. However that doesn’t prevent players from not doing so if they wish.
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 9:35:19 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
The main reason for using a shared deck is based on competitive play and is a safeguard against foul play. In a tournament situation, I'm sure you'd agree that no one wants to spend time verifying that everyone's decks contain the right cards.

For the most part, I think player's will be competing against friends and can adjust rules to fit their group/club. This is definitely one rule that can be changed in casual play, with little effect on the mechanics of the game.
thanks 2 users thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
Thundertotem on 2/12/2018(UTC), MaOle on 2/12/2018(UTC)