Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Poi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:38:15 PM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I've got plenty of 15mm tanks. Will there be a way to get the cards without rebuying every model?
pigasuspig  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:10:26 PM(UTC)
pigasuspig

Also very hopeful for this: would totally pay for a "Wave 1" card set just to try everything out, especially if it had lots of generic crew for bigger games.
Ecclesiastes  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:41:29 PM(UTC)
Ecclesiastes

I'll second this (or 'third'?)..

I'll buy the models where I might need them, but since I have all the pershings and super pershings I need for instance (5/1, you cannot field more in FoW), I would be really interested in some of the card sets without the mini....
actionmackie  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:00:12 AM(UTC)
actionmackie

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Would be pretty handy, saves you having to buy a specific model just because you want that one special card
Poi  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:05:16 AM(UTC)
Poi

Drawing a parallel with XWing (inevitable) we may have to rely on retailers splitting packs to get individual cards. Cards plus minis is probably the marketing model to push lots of sales.
Toqtamish  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:21:39 AM(UTC)
Toqtamish

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Highly unlikely. X-Wing and Attack Wing do not sell the cards individually. There is always ebay and other third party re-sellers.
John-Paul  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 1:23:58 AM(UTC)
John-Paul

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You get a full selection in the core game to get you started as well as some heroes, crew and equipment as well. Each separate kit has more heroes, crew and equipment so you will be building up your core deck with each additional kit you get. We have planned to release a pack of cards for the "resin" tanks from our FOW range at a later date so you can add them to the mix but you will still need the starter set to get you going as all your key parts are in there.
Poi  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 1:32:13 AM(UTC)
Poi

Fully accept we'll need the starter, just would like extra card packs so we can use the myriad tanks we already own :)
John-Paul  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 2:20:14 AM(UTC)
John-Paul

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That is why we have that pack on the list. Its will give you an additional 40+ med and heavy tanks from the resin range.
thanks 1 user thanked John-Paul for this useful post.
Otter on 3/18/2016(UTC)
Otter  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 2:55:05 AM(UTC)
Otter

With the price point on the expansion boxes, I'm not worried about having an extra tank to add to my collection.
Fernando  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 8:35:48 AM(UTC)
Fernando

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It's a good new that the Starter will includes cards for several Tanks models and not only the Panther and Sherman cards. Will it includes the wave 1 Tanks or another models too?
tibour  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 3:20:05 AM(UTC)
tibour

While Picking up the starter is a no brainier. I would also like to see card packs sold separate if possible. Why it doesn't bother me at all to pick up tanks that I don't have, My US and USSR armies for FoW are already way to large to field in a single game. It will be an excellent excuse to start new armies as is.

Is their any word on a GF9 proper template and token set instead of cardboard for this?
THE OCALA GARRISON http://ocalagarrison.org/
Poi  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 3:46:30 AM(UTC)
Poi

There is a template and token set in plastic in the store
thanks 1 user thanked Poi for this useful post.
tibour on 3/21/2016(UTC)
tibour  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 4:23:39 AM(UTC)
tibour

don't know how I miss that
THE OCALA GARRISON http://ocalagarrison.org/
KampfgruppeAdler  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:35:53 PM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I see clicking on the tank at the store...shows the one or two tank cards...I wish they would show the hero , upgrade and crew cards that come with each box...
Poi  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:54:08 AM(UTC)
Poi

They will, as we get closer to release. You can't have everything all at once, it's called marketing :)
LaBambaMan  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:23:21 AM(UTC)
LaBambaMan

Originally Posted by: John-Paul Go to Quoted Post
You get a full selection in the core game to get you started as well as some heroes, crew and equipment as well. Each separate kit has more heroes, crew and equipment so you will be building up your core deck with each additional kit you get. We have planned to release a pack of cards for the "resin" tanks from our FOW range at a later date so you can add them to the mix but you will still need the starter set to get you going as all your key parts are in there.

Will we only be getting the big 4(Germany, US, Brits and Soviets), or will we see expanding to the minor nations? I'd love to bust my Italians out for this sort of thing, or take a bunch of Soviet tanks as Finns(which I imagine would mostly be special rules changes) or get some Hungarians going.

Also will we ever see a pack for stuff like Mid-War Monsters? Would love to have even more excuse to get a P40 or 3 for my Italians.
Poi  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:19:24 PM(UTC)
Poi

No mention of light tanks, I guess my t26s will have to stay in the box :(
Thundertotem  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 3:59:47 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Quick question...

When you buy an expansion pack, will there be crew and upgrade cards only available by buying the expansions pack, or all the cards will be available via the Starter set?
Panzer Vor!!!
Poi  
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:23:01 AM(UTC)
Poi

I expect we'll only get a few upgrades in the starter, expansions will have many more. Part of the marketing model, must buy specific expansion to get must have cards.