Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MaOle  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 4:40:11 AM(UTC)
MaOle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is there any hope for such tanks like T-35 and T-28? Even SMK and the Independent could make an appearance even though only one of each was made, because to my knowledge only one Super Pershing was fighting in Europe (and it's "playable" in TANKS).

As for the rules, the T-35 could have 1 Initiative (it is hard to command 10 men!), 4 Attack representing the main turret (I'll talk about the other ones later), 0 Defence (or 1 for later models) and 7 Hull Points - it is really big! It's special rules would be, apart from Coordinated Fire, Deck Turrets. This new rule would allow to shoot with the smaller 45mm-armed turrets with -1 Attack (that means 3 Attack, I think it is fitting for the cannon). I believe it should also have something to represent it's numerous crew, but I can't work out anything interesting.

So, what do you guys think about multi-turreted tanks? I'd love to have them implemented.
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 3:32:12 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
That's an interesting rule for deck guns, and a good start. I'd personally stick closer to the wording used for Hull Gun, that you would add damage if a certain condition was met, rather than subtracting in certain instances. Perhaps, it might read;

Main Turret: When shooting, this tank may make a second attack at +1 Damage.

Basically a better version of Hull Gun, starting with a lower damage value representing it's smaller/more numerous turrets as one meaningful attack, but then allowing you to make full use of that larger gun.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
MaOle on 2/9/2018(UTC)
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 8:11:38 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
That's an interesting rule for deck guns, and a good start. I'd personally stick closer to the wording used for Hull Gun, that you would add damage if a certain condition was met, rather than subtracting in certain instances. Perhaps, it might read;

Main Turret: When shooting, this tank may make a second attack at +1 Damage.

Basically a better version of Hull Gun, starting with a lower damage value representing it's smaller/more numerous turrets as one meaningful attack, but then allowing you to make full use of that larger gun.

I don’t think you mean +1 damage? Do you mean +1 attack dice?

I would opt for just giving a tank like a T-35 one more attack die than normal. So, if the main gun is a a gun that rates a 4 dice attack, then I would give the T-35 a 5 dice attack. Since it is a lumbering hulk with huge command and control issues, I would give it a very low initiative....1 or 2.

Maybe 1-5-0-7, coordinated fire, multi-turret special rule, 15 pts. Give them 4 crew slots, no more than one of each crew type. I would be tempted to give the T-35 an armor rating of 1, but if I did I would probably lower it to 6 hits and increase the cost to around 18 pts.

A fun rule might be on allowing the T-35 to split its attack dice to shoot two separate targets with a 2 dice minimum per attack. The 3 dice attack has LOS traced from the center turret and the 2 dice attack is treated as having a 180 degree arc from either the front OR the rear of the tank (since it had front and rear secondary turrets). The main gun shot is reduced from 4 to 3 since the commander’s attention is divided trying to allocate fire from 3 gun turrets.

Edited by user Friday, February 2, 2018 8:45:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Spaten  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 11:32:40 PM(UTC)
Spaten

I think something similiar to bobby wolls skill could work, like if you score a uncanceled hit or crit, you can shoot again with 3 attack at a target to the front or back of the tank.
Maybe allow another attack of 3 to the opposite direction of the sec
ond shot, when you hit with that.
Zerstorer  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:07:32 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Bump to defeat spammers.
Zerstorer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 4:06:51 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Bump the spammers
Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 7:40:38 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Bump and F the spammers
thanks 1 user thanked Zerstorer for this useful post.
MaOle on 2/9/2018(UTC)
MaOle  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:57:03 PM(UTC)
MaOle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
CmdrRook's idea for the rule may be handier (it's easier to remember bonuses than penalties), but I'd still go with mine because I think it's somehow easier to reference (totally not biased here, lol!).

Zerstorer's ideas are cool too, but I think these latter rules are getting a little over-complicated. TANKS is a simple game and I want to give GF9 some nice and simple ways to introduce multi-turreted tanks. When "making up" the Deck Turrets rule I aimed to portray how the T-35 could shoot at different targets and be the break-through tank it was designed to be, moving through the front and shooting tanks all around.