Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gaur-ni-Orod  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:07:55 PM(UTC)
Gaur-ni-Orod

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello! I've bought a 'Priest Expantion' and now have some questions about Carlos Hayden Card.

What does "ignore impassible terrain when shooting" exactly mean?

1. I should ignore it entirely (like it does not exist), so Impassible Terrain DOESN'T block my Line of Sight. Therefore, my target has no Cover.

2. I can shoot "over" Impassible Terrain, like an "Artillery" rule for "living" tanks. In this case my target has a Cover, because Imp.Terrain blocks my LoS.

I'd like an oficial answer, if possible, please.
TANKS! in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:12:29 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I'm pretty sure it means both, although a target in woods still receives the cover bonus.

Hopefully an official answer will be provided for you.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 10:31:01 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
When you shoot, impassible terrain has no impact on Carlos' line of sight. Buildings and destroyed tanks neither block his shot or provide cover to his target. Living tanks can be shot over with the Artillery keyword, but are not ignored, giving a target cover. Woods, and hedgerows are not impassable, and are not ignored, allowing them to block Carlos' shot or provide his targets cover.
thanks 3 users thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Kelvin on 12/28/2017(UTC), Gaur-ni-Orod on 12/28/2017(UTC), MaOle on 2/21/2018(UTC)
Gaur-ni-Orod  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:10:17 PM(UTC)
Gaur-ni-Orod

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
When you shoot, impassible terrain has no impact on Carlos' line of sight. Buildings and destroyed tanks neither block his shot or provide cover to his target. Living tanks can be shot over with the Artillery keyword, but are not ignored, giving a target cover. Woods, and hedgerows are not impassable, and are not ignored, allowing them to block Carlos' shot or provide his targets cover.

So, variant №1. Hmm... Looks like 'imba'. Priest whith 'Carlos' standing without moving behind building can shoot with Attack=5, has reroll, has no penalty for cover, and can't be shooted by enemy tanks. Also it has 6 Initiative, more than most of tanks, therefore in most cases it will move after enemy and can hide from 'vengeance'. And these all only for 16 points.
Is it oficial version from HQ, or your own point of view? I know, TANKS' rules are literal, but in this case I have some doubt.
I want to be sure, because I translate TANKS' materials into Russian for players from ex-USSR in order to popularize this game in our region.

Edited by user Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:12:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TANKS! in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.
CmdrRook  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 2:59:24 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
He is very good, as is the Priest, but the Zero Armor and Assault Gun rule of the only tank that's allowed to take him leave some gaps for the enemy to exploit. You'll still need an artillery observer to shoot past woods, low walls and desert scrub still provide cover, and remaining Stationary yourself leaves you very vulnerable to damage if you're not shooting first or finishing the job.

I've been surprised before, but I'm fairly confident that the clear and literal wording follows through. That said, I'm not staff and my word is not law. Godspeed and good luck with the translation.
Zerstorer  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 4:34:51 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Bump...now we need a Hummel for the Germans! Or a Wespe, or Lorraine Schlepper or...
Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:43:18 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Bump