Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KampfgruppeAdler  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:36:31 AM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
but someone may as well get it out of the way...my experience with Flames of War organized play...was that those that did not have Flames of War tanks (inf. , artillery etc. etc.)...like 15mm A&A tanks...were welcome to play...BUT could not receive any of the OP support items...you had to be using Flames of War models...that was some 3 years ago...

so...I ask...to participate in GF9 Tanks OP must you do so with GF9 Tanks models...

Adler...out................
Shrapnelsmile  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:39:06 AM(UTC)
Shrapnelsmile

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Makes Perfect sense, does it not?
~ Shrap
KampfgruppeAdler  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:53:08 AM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
it does make sense...just thought I would get a clarification now...I know some will want to play with the A&A stuff...but now with the delay...the thrill is gone...maybe I will play someday...take care...
Poi  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 10:04:39 PM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Seeing as OP is designed to promote sales, I'd expect it.
Lokidan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 1:39:38 AM(UTC)
Lokidan

Yeah, Official models painted to a basic standard is the usual OP method. As it is a business model I have no problem entering in to the game prepared for that.
Vincent3  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 8:01:33 PM(UTC)
Vincent3

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
To be honest I prefer to have more players playing Tanks, so Im rather flexible towards the players with 3rd party models. Allowing that is actualy not bad for the producer, because bigger player community is better for business and attracting new players than couple of purists playing 100% Tank models in their basement. Even those that have 3rd party tanks will at least partialy buy from G9 usualy (especially if there will be more cards in future expansions, like it is in FFG systems).

At the same time I understand and support the idea of additional support/tournament prizes for 100% Tank lists to encourage people buing "originals". Personaly I have plenty of FoW tanks and probably could go on without buying anything more than starter - but I have bought some extra G9 blisters anyway, just to support the new system. :)

Edited by user Monday, April 25, 2016 8:07:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Vincent3 for this useful post.
FlyXwire on 4/26/2016(UTC)
Thundertotem  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:38:18 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
If I ever run any events at my LFGS, I'm not gonna check manufactures stamps. I and gonna ask, "You got any Tanks?" and "Are the assembled?" But that just me, If the game store runs event, they make the rules.
Panzer Vor!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Thundertotem for this useful post.
EntilZar on 5/19/2016(UTC)
rcshield  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:20:57 PM(UTC)
rcshield

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
As others have mentioned I am expecting OP to have rules around official models, I would be surprised around a painted requirement. It feels that the intent of the colored plastics is to assemble and play. I do like the idea of additional rewards for painted models or similar ideas. But it will be up to the program organizers, the game store and of course GF9. I do hope there is room for some free for all, third party miniatures play at the store level.
AirborneEngineer  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:03:03 AM(UTC)
AirborneEngineer

Originally Posted by: Thundertotem Go to Quoted Post
If I ever run any events at my LFGS, I'm not gonna check manufactures stamps. I and gonna ask, "You got any Tanks?" and "Are the assembled?" But that just me, If the game store runs event, they make the rules.

Amen!

Battlefront severely damaged their company and the Flames of War game when they rolled out the must buy our toys to play. If they hope to actually sell this game to a wide group of gamers, it has chosen to rely on local TOs ignoring this rule to avoid the bad taste it leaves in players mouths.

Will Battlefront ever learn that delivering a quality product will earn more customer loyalty than ordering it like they are Stalin and you either have to join the party or die in the gulag?