Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lateo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:35:54 AM(UTC)
Lateo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
'Stuck on the boat'?

Sounds like a poor excuse to me - and another reason why Flames never genuinely excels in the UK

'Stuck on the boat' from NewZealand is the gaming equivalent of 'leaves on the line'...

...or the 'wrong kind of snow'

It's smacks of amateurism and naïvity rather than a properly planned business.

Please don't let this launch stall, as you seem to have a great product with a very real chance of success!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:37:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Poi  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:28:43 PM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Says someone who has no idea about shipping things by sea.
Lateo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:49:08 PM(UTC)
Lateo

Originally Posted by: Poi Go to Quoted Post
Says someone who has no idea about shipping things by sea.

I'm sure you have some sort of weird teenage fascination with ships that you want to tell us about? You must be very clever.

However I don't care if the game arrives by SpacePlane sweetie - I do know about business plans and product delivery dates and it's a justified concern.

Don't promise what you can't deliver.

Not anticipating something seems to be a common problem in the tabletop games world - we all remember the Dust debacle - and if they were on top of things we wouldn't be having this forum conversation in the first place.

They need to confirm their dates and deliver too them

Poi  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:26:20 PM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Shipping timetables don't work like that when your shipment isn't even a full container on the deck of a ship with thousands of them onboard. GF9 are at the mercy of shipping companies, breakdowns, industrial action, storms, tsunami, piracy. Yes, even piracy. Long distance shipping is delayed all the time, and a business as small as this one has no clout to make things go faster, or pay for storage costs of stockpiling ahead of launch.

And the teenage thing? We stand across a table, move toy tanks and roll dice whilst imagining we're Monty or Rommel. Ironic, isn't it?

Edited by user Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:36:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lateo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:45:49 PM(UTC)
Lateo

Originally Posted by: Poi Go to Quoted Post

And the teenage thing? We stand across a table, move toy tanks and roll dice whilst imagining we're Monty or Rommel. Ironic, isn't it?

I must admit I did force a smile ;)

Hopefully they'll be here soon

thanks 1 user thanked Lateo for this useful post.
Poi on 4/19/2016(UTC)
FlyXwire  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:44:27 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We all want to get started with TANKS asap.

I wanted to put on a TANKers Challenge event at a con coming up in June (and even have two bang-up vinyl battle mats that I textured up and had printed out just for this), but can't commit to the required registration deadline because the release date for the intro sets is undetermined atm.

I'm sure GF9 would like to offer a guess for this date, but can you imagine the howling here when for some reason it's missed?!!!

Btw, I'm not a Battlefront fanboy, don't care for FoW either or the tourney-style of game play it promotes, but I think TANKS will be a good shot in the arm for some of us old geezers-type gamers, and maybe work as a tool to attract some new gamers to our hobby tables, so, we'll put our plans into action when we can......