Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:39:15 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi there

I was wondering if anyone had seen any genuinely used weird colour schemes from the war? (Faction dont matter, I collect all nations).

I feel like doing something different, but still want it to be believable and not just pure indulgence as my collection is very "accurate" focused.

Any info would be great.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:05:08 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Pink Camo. Generally used by the British and Australian forces, mostly for the Navy. http://www.allisons.org/ll/4/La...Pink-Panther/PP01-sf.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Kelvin on 11/15/2017(UTC)
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:13:30 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Thanks mate.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Ober999  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:06:19 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I call this my Splatter camo. Don't look at it to long or it will make you dizzy :P

http://s647.photobucket....amo_zpscj2arfxk.jpg.html

Edited by user Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:08:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Ober999 for this useful post.
Kelvin on 11/22/2017(UTC)
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:51:21 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

That's an awesome camo scheme!

I may have to take that basic theme and do my own thing. Don't want to just shamelessly copy something so cool. It definitely works on a visually confusing level too, took me a second to realise it was a Panther.
Ober999  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:22:38 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Glad you enjoyed my Frankencamo. lol This is the summer version.

http://s647.photobucket....mer_zps78da13xc.jpg.html

PS - I would love to see your rendition, be sure to post it. :D
Kelvin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 12:38:26 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

That's more along the colours I was thinking. I may put small dots around the makings and possibly get round to using the camo nets I got a while back.

I will certainly post pics when I do them, I'm currently finishing off the rest of my shermans for my fury platoon (pics of fury itself are up on the painting and modelling section).

Just of interest, do you have two separate German armies given the two panthers that are different schemes, or do you just paint each tank as you feel at the time? At present I have minis for an africa (or early war) and a later war army. I haven't painted them yet, as I'm unsure if to paint the early stuff as desert, or go for a scheme that would allow me to freely mix and match without it looking odd. My US is all based on the classic olive drab colour, so they are OK in that department. I've also got similar issue with my brittish.
Ober999  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:29:50 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Originally Posted by: Kelvin Go to Quoted Post
That's more along the colours I was thinking. I may put small dots around the makings and possibly get round to using the camo nets I got a while back.

I will certainly post pics when I do them, I'm currently finishing off the rest of my shermans for my fury platoon (pics of fury itself are up on the painting and modelling section).

Just of interest, do you have two separate German armies given the two panthers that are different schemes, or do you just paint each tank as you feel at the time? At present I have minis for an africa (or early war) and a later war army. I haven't painted them yet, as I'm unsure if to paint the early stuff as desert, or go for a scheme that would allow me to freely mix and match without it looking odd. My US is all based on the classic olive drab colour, so they are OK in that department. I've also got similar issue with my brittish.

Most of my Panthers and Panzer IVs are painted in summer splatter, the balance are mid-war babyshit brown. There is only one Panther with the winter scheme. I pretty much have more than enough 15mm tanks painted for "Tanks", "FoW" and "Axis and Allies Minis" so I have moved on to painting 1/76 resin for fun and a new challenge. I found an amazing line of 1/76 from the UK and an putting together a REME diorama of Maintenance vehicles like ARVs, and tow trucks, field shops and etc. The reason for the ARVs and etc is that my Grandfather commanded a M32 ARV during the European Campaign.

Edited by user Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:31:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified