Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ozariig  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 4:12:34 AM(UTC)
Ozariig

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've seen a fair number of people magnetize their panther hull chassis so that they can swap between panther and jagdpanther. I'm happy enough to magnetize turrets but I didn't feel up to doing the whole chassis.

So now I have an extra jagdpanther top. I'm wondering if anybody has some good ideas for ways to use it, maybe in a terrain piece or a fortification of some kind? If I had an extra panther turret instead, I would have happily built my own pantherturm, but I imagine the lack of traverse in the jagdpanther would limit the usefulness. Is my jagdpanther top destined to become wreckage?
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 7:00:02 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Wreckage or as a "simulation target" terrain piece springs to mind. Might demand some sculpting, but having a little piece of impassible terrain for table scatter could be worthwhile.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Ozariig on 11/13/2017(UTC)
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 8:41:50 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ozariig Go to Quoted Post
I've seen a fair number of people magnetize their panther hull chassis so that they can swap between panther and jagdpanther. I'm happy enough to magnetize turrets but I didn't feel up to doing the whole chassis.

So now I have an extra jagdpanther top. I'm wondering if anybody has some good ideas for ways to use it, maybe in a terrain piece or a fortification of some kind? If I had an extra panther turret instead, I would have happily built my own pantherturm, but I imagine the lack of traverse in the jagdpanther would limit the usefulness. Is my jagdpanther top destined to become wreckage?

How about a river terrain piece....have the Jagdpanther appear to be stuck in the river? Even better would be having the Jagdpanther stuck in a river surrounded by the bridge that collapsed under its weight! You could have some stranded crewman on top of the sunken tank...or wading or on shore trying to work on extricating it.
thanks 1 user thanked Zerstorer for this useful post.
Ozariig on 11/13/2017(UTC)
Ozariig  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:04:33 AM(UTC)
Ozariig

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Both are excellent ideas. Especially Zerstorer, that sounds like it would make an awesome diorama!

I think I'll simplify it a little bit. If I saw off the back, I can have the top sticking out of some polyfill "mud". Maybe something I can use as an objective marker.

Thanks for your help! If anyone else has done something creative with an extra jagdpanther top, please post it for all to see ☺️