Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zerstorer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:10:46 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Spam posts are about all I see here anymore. What a shame. This is a fun game that my gaming group has really enjoyed. We have added new tanks to the game and I run cooperative campaigns to telll a story. One group completed a US campaign from D-Day to Germany. Another group,playing the same campaign, but just now starting the Battle of the Bulge. Getting ready to start a campaign as Germans with the first group. I have play tested lots of French and early war Russian tanks, so this should be a good one!
JTSleep  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:31:30 PM(UTC)
JTSleep

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I feel you. I come here every day just to see that nobody post anymore.

That campaign idea is nice. do you happen to have more info somewhere online?
Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
Screamin' Eagle  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 2:51:39 AM(UTC)
Screamin' Eagle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It doesn't seem like the site is very well monitored. One might think that someone from the gf9 team would check it daily and shut down the accounts of spammers. This is a good game, but support seems to be lackadaisical at best.
Zerstorer  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 9:28:40 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JTSleep Go to Quoted Post
I feel you. I come here every day just to see that nobody post anymore.

That campaign idea is nice. do you happen to have more info somewhere online?

I have thought about putting the campaign stuff together as a PDF and marketing it, kind of like the Skrmish Campaign books that are out there for use with multiple rule sets.

Email me at [email protected] and I will get you started. I have not come up with much of an AI system yet. We typically make the German moves logically and play as a team against the Germans. However, it probably would play fine if one player acted as a "dungeon master" of sorts and controlled the Germans. Each game begins with rolling two dice to see what German forces you will face. After each game, you can spend victory points to upgrade your crew and tank, or buy replacement crew if your tank was knocked out. Our Nortwestern Europe campaign has 12 games in it.

imseem to remember you making fan cards? Perhaps we could work out an exchange....some fan cards in return for the campaigns?

Edited by user Friday, November 3, 2017 9:32:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JTSleep  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 6:59:56 PM(UTC)
JTSleep

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post

I have thought about putting the campaign stuff together as a PDF and marketing it, kind of like the Skrmish Campaign books that are out there for use with multiple rule sets.

Email me at [email protected] and I will get you started. I have not come up with much of an AI system yet. We typically make the German moves logically and play as a team against the Germans. However, it probably would play fine if one player acted as a "dungeon master" of sorts and controlled the Germans. Each game begins with rolling two dice to see what German forces you will face. After each game, you can spend victory points to upgrade your crew and tank, or buy replacement crew if your tank was knocked out. Our Nortwestern Europe campaign has 12 games in it.

imseem to remember you making fan cards? Perhaps we could work out an exchange....some fan cards in return for the campaigns?

Oh, I thought that you made some kind of non-linear campaign for 2 players like there are for FoW. You know, if attacker wins, play scenario 10 next, if defender wins, play scenario 26 (you get the picture).

As for cards, I made a template for cards, it´s free to download on BGG and two tanks FB groups. Creating tank card basically takes you about 3 minutes + searching for picture of tank on google. It would basically took you more time to write me what stats you want it to be :)

Edited by user Friday, November 3, 2017 7:05:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
Kelvin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:28:29 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Forgive me for saying this but I think this is a dying game.

I really was enthusiastic at one point but I feel new releases are few and far between, the creators are simply not listening to the fans like they should and the game itself is stagnating.

I hate to say it guys but I may be done soon unless something happens.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CraigH  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 3:16:00 AM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kelvin Go to Quoted Post
Forgive me for saying this but I think this is a dying game.

I really was enthusiastic at one point but I feel new releases are few and far between, the creators are simply not listening to the fans like they should and the game itself is stagnating.

I hate to say it guys but I may be done soon unless something happens.

Agreed. A while ago Battlefront clearly spelled out their plans for FoW, TY and all their games into mid 2018. From GF9 - nothing...

Now, last time, the US Desert tanks were up for pre-order from online retailers before any announcement was made by GF9 so there is some hope but I'm thinking this is it for Tanks.

CmdrRook  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 4:44:13 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Gee, guys. With enthusiasm like yours, I can't possibly imagine why a game company wouldn't be bending over backwards to make you all happy. The desert wave was teased all at once, and is still in release. I'll look into the distribution catalogs I have access to and let you all know if things are up for preorder in 2018 the same way. And for the record, people have been predicting the imminent demise of every game ever for as long as I can remember. MTG with each new set release or rules update, 40k with every codex or format change. GF9 treads deeper water as a subsidiary company with a smaller footprint game, but all of your belly-aching is likely without great merit. I agree, the manpower attached to this product is greatly disproportionate to its popularity and we'd all appreciate more attention being devoted to the site and community well-being, but we're above this childish Doom and Gloom as a whole.

With or without their support, the community is expanding and finding unique ways to enjoy the product. Dig a little deeper, as prior folks have in this thread, and you'll see the game as-is represents only the beginning of what's possible.
CraigH  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 5:34:21 AM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Okay, fair point... :-)

But as to your examples, those imminent demise examples all refer to release of product. I don't think anyone has said "what, US Desert, ahhh, this game's done". Any predictions of demise have been more about the silence from GF9.

I'm still enthusiastic, have a number of Tanks on the paint bench now and am doing what you suggest, looking at other options - fan-made cards, etc.

I just wish GF9 could make a post "yep, still here, you won't believe what we have coming up !"

Or even just send Achilles cards... :-)
LordOfKhemri  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 3:12:57 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraigH Go to Quoted Post
Or even just send Achilles cards... :-)

I'd almost forgotten about those, well over 2 years now.

I've started playing X-Wing a lot now, so much fun and our club has a good number of players.
For Tanks we got down to 2 with maybe 2 more now and again.

Sad because I enjoy Tanks and was so excited when it came out, but lack of commitment works both ways.

I pop in here a couple of times a week to see if anything has happened and generally it hasn't, hey ho.

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Dr Large  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 10:33:06 PM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
One of the ways I though of giving the game a booster shot would be to release a pack of cards with unreleased tanks, that way if you have a FOW king tiger, A30 challenger etc you could field them legally.
However that also has difficulties that GF9 may not want to invoke.

And while Team Yankee is full plastic tanks AFAIK it would be difficult to balance with WW2 tanks so would probably end up being a subset of tanks, which is not conductive for growth.

I was tempted to convert the FOW tank aces rules to be used in TANKS but with my local player base of potentially 5 people if I can drag my mate to the club its not a high priority especially with some of the ace perks being rather good in the scale of the game.

May relook at my campaign system I was working on for Armada it may be easier to convert to tanks with a bit of rejigging.

Would be nice to finish my board project as well.

Maybe GF9 could do some kinda global campaign like BF did for Team Yankee with red thunder?

CmdrRook  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 7:53:07 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
The only thing I could dig up on our distributor site is something we are all expecting, the next three months of Organized Play material featuring The US. No new tanks to spoil yet, unfortunately.