Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CraigH  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 1:29:53 PM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I was just reading on the Battlefront / Flames of War website their plans for FoW releases.

Following this we have the fourth Mid War desert book which will cover the Italians. It will include new plastic kits including a M14/41 tank and Semovente self-propelled gun, as well as artillery and anti tank guns in plastic.

and

We then have the final desert book to conclude our coverage of the battles in North Africa; 8th Army, which will focus on the British infantry and tank forces (yes it will include British Sherman tanks and Priest SPGs) not already covered in Desert Rats. This will come with several new plastic tanks as well as the lend-lease US vehicles that the British can field.

Given that Tanks has followed FoW plastics, seems like we have Italians and some new UK (Matildas ?) to look forward to !

Full article here:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5741
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 6:33:03 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraigH Go to Quoted Post
I was just reading on the Battlefront / Flames of War website their plans for FoW releases.

Following this we have the fourth Mid War desert book which will cover the Italians. It will include new plastic kits including a M14/41 tank and Semovente self-propelled gun, as well as artillery and anti tank guns in plastic.

and

We then have the final desert book to conclude our coverage of the battles in North Africa; 8th Army, which will focus on the British infantry and tank forces (yes it will include British Sherman tanks and Priest SPGs) not already covered in Desert Rats. This will come with several new plastic tanks as well as the lend-lease US vehicles that the British can field.

Given that Tanks has followed FoW plastics, seems like we have Italians and some new UK (Matildas ?) to look forward to !

Full article here:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5741

So glad they are doing Italians!!!

The North African campaign has always appealed to me...a tanker's war! Can't wait to see what Tanks plans to use for the Italian national special rule....and I have come up with stats for the Semovente and M14/41, so it will be fun to compare those to the official stats.

JTSleep  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 8:20:22 PM(UTC)
JTSleep

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don´t want to be depressive one here, but I really doubt that they´ll do Italians for Tanks.

This is so far only minor faction (They even plan 4 Big starters for LW in FoW plastics and those are only for nations we already have).
Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
CraigH  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 11:18:08 PM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JTSleep Go to Quoted Post
I don´t want to be depressive one here, but I really doubt that they´ll do Italians for Tanks.

This is so far only minor faction (They even plan 4 Big starters for LW in FoW plastics and those are only for nations we already have).

Awwww..who asked you ? :-)

You make a good point as the selection of vehicles in plastic likely wouldn't support a full faction. On the other hand, if they don't release them, that means we will be going almost six months with nothing new - US Desert (soon) followed by UK 8th which seems to be early 2018 for FoW.

I'm staying optimistic.

Dr Large  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:27:49 PM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
They could be part of the German army with a new national rule, that way you can have them fighting alongside Panzer IV if so desired.

I am looking forward to Matildas and valentines
Tally - Ho  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 4:18:33 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Could be that I am being overly optimistic; but, when I first read the article on the FOW site it was not too much of a leap to think that we probably would be seeing those plastic Italian units in Tanks eventually.

After all; the hardest part is making the molds, which will already be done for FOW. They already have the clamshells & they would only need to create & print the cards. Not to mention that at this point it would seem that the majority (if not all) of plastic armor kits are being offered in TANKS.

IF I am not mistaken; a lot of the Italian units ended up in German service after the Italians surrendered. IF I am in fact correct; then if nothing else, they could make them part of the German forces.

Gotta get me some Semovente's. (I just think they look so cool.) They also were not terrible as assault guns.

Next we could use some Churchills.

Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 7:50:47 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dr Large Go to Quoted Post
They could be part of the German army with a new national rule, that way you can have them fighting alongside Panzer IV if so desired.

I am looking forward to Matildas and valentines

The Matildas and especially the Valentines would also work well as lend lease Russian tanks.
Raider4  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:29:01 AM(UTC)
Raider4

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraigH Go to Quoted Post

Urgh! I've just costed an M14/41. Given a stat line of 4-3-0-3, crew of 3, and with no keywords, I reckon it'll cost just 3pts. :-(

And I reckon a 3 for Damage is probably being a bit generous . . .

Obviously I have no idea what the national trait for Italians could be.

Don't know which model of semovente, presumably one which uses the M14/41 chassis? So it'll likely be either a da 75/18 or a (less likely, I think) da 90/53?

Cheers.

CmdrRook  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:25:27 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Why does a honey with three less init cost nine fewer points? You could also easily give it recon because of its small size, about as compact as a Stuart.
Raider4  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:14:21 AM(UTC)
Raider4

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
Why does a honey with three less init cost nine fewer points? You could also easily give it recon because of its small size, about as compact as a Stuart.

Yeah, I started from the Stuart. Take off Fast (-3pts), take off Recon (-3pts), reduce Init to 4 (-1/pt) gets you to 3pts.

I don't think the game formula really works points-wise with anything worse than the Panzer III.

Cheers.
Axeman  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:37:11 PM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I honestly don't think GF9 use a formula.

Yes some of you here have had a good attempt at working it out but I believe that GF9 just come up with a reasonable figure for each new tank.
JagdWehrwolf  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:37:44 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
<snip>

Next we could use some Churchills.

Hell Yeah!

On Italian numbers, I got a feeling that GF does not want to release anything breaking 10 pts. per tank threshold, see recent treatment of British and American Stuarts (which is great btw. as instead of copy-paste under a different flag, they gave a small nod towards history). So I'd expect that when/if Italianks will be released, they'll come with some flavoursome keyword bumping their cost (and capabilities) to some reasonable level.

Edited by user Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:38:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kelvin  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:15:41 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
We desperatley could do with another axis power as a faction anyway. I get tired of soviets vs brits and the like.

Really hope they focus on the Pacific theater next year.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Zeus-cat  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 3:17:30 AM(UTC)
Zeus-cat

I made cards for several Italian tanks. I posted them on the Tanks variants page of the Boardgamegeeks forum. I did the Semovente and the Carro Armato.

I gave the Italian tanks my own trait, "Crack Shot", which allows them to reduce one of their opponent's defensive rolls by one. Essentially this allows a 6 to be reduced to a 5 which would prevent a block of a critical hit, or you could change a 4 to a 3 preventing a block of a regular hit. Since I gave each Italian tank only three offensive rolls this isn't a terribly powerful effect, but it is different than the other nationalities. I have heard that Italian tankers were pretty good, but had had pretty poor tanks, so "Crack Shot" seems like an OK idea to me.
Mooniac  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:41:36 PM(UTC)
Mooniac

I'll guarantee there's a formula, but it's not likely linear. There is bound to be a curve near the bottom.