Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LordOfKhemri  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:06:31 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Asda supermarket error, printing "Isle of White" instead of the proper name

A spokeswoman said: "This was a genuine printing error and we're in the process of reproducing the exclusive design to get back on sale as quickly as possible.
"We're hanging our heads for making such a silly mistake on our bags for life for our new Isle of Wight store."

They used a strange phrase there, "as quickly as possible". Must check what that means.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:20:21 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
You probably should make more of an effort to build context here before going on a tangent like this. I honestly spent several minutes staring at the post, wondering if you'd been hacked by some spam-bot.

Yes, some companies are very responsive to correct their merchandising errors. Hell, a Walmart here in the states drew fire for hanging a "back to school" promotional banner too closely to their sporting gun display, but that company had a lot more to lose to ignore such as blunder. I don't hold gaming companies, especially those with an almost exclusively online presence, to the same standards as brick and mortar chains. Without sounding too apologist, I've tried wrangling and coordinating online assets to produce real content, and it's not without inherent difficulty and inevitable delays.

Yes, battlefront dropped the ball on printing the Achilles, and then reprinting it. I don't think kicking up dust about the Isle of Wight supermarket will get you what you want any faster, though.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:22:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling.

thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Tally - Ho on 8/23/2017(UTC)