Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zerstorer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 6:00:51 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hey guys,

Might anyone be able to give me the new rules for this scenario? I got a Desert Fox ops kit from EBay.....map, terrain, scoresheets, poster, cards, counters....but no scenario sheet.

I see they added desert scrub and Rommel, but need the rules to use these, as well as the set up and victory conditions.
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 6:32:14 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Desert scrub replace forests and act as fields.

Rommel supposedly exists as an unarmed unit with his crew card abilities, save for the +3 initiative bonus because the transport has a static 10 initiative. It bears repeating that the opponent scores and point if Rommel is killed, presumably meaning if his Crew card is discarded, or his tank/transport is destroyed. The transport point cost and stats are on one side of a chit, with the vehicle rules on the reverse. Fucking bizarre, if you ask me.

You must take Rommel if you're Germans, but you can choose to use his crew card instead of the Transport template. Germans are always the attackers. After terrain, the defender choose one of the buildings to put the objective token in the center of. They deploy their tanks within two arrows of the objective. The attacker deploys within 1 of the entire board edge. Scoring happens when a unit is within close and no opponents are within close of the objective. No scoring occurs during the first two turns off the game. The attacker needs two points to win while the defender needs three, else eliminating all enemies.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Zerstorer on 7/30/2017(UTC)
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:29:56 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Thanks, I found a screenshot of the scenario on eBay.

I think the intent is for Rommel to be in the transport, but if you have the card you could put him in a tank instead.

The deployment is interesting with the British deploying all the buildings, the Germans then placing all the scrubs and their tanks, the British then choosing the center of a building as the objective,and then deploying their tanks.

Historically, none of the available GF9 British tanks were actually in North Africa for first El Agheila, and the German long barreled Panzer tanks and Tigers were not there either....but the scenario still looks like fun!
Axeman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 9:55:35 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post

Historically, none of the available GF9 British tanks were actually in North Africa for first El Agheila, and the German long barreled Panzer tanks and Tigers were not there either....but the scenario still looks like fun!

Wasn't El Agheila in late 1942?
Zerstorer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 11:10:15 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Originally Posted by: Axeman Go to Quoted Post

Wasn't El Agheila in late 1942?

Depends on which one...they fought back and forth across Cyrenaica so many times they called it the Benghazi handicaps....I guess it would be late '41 or early '42 if we are talking the lead up to second Tobruk...seems a shame to miss out on the earlier battles!
Jhary  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 3:16:15 AM(UTC)
Jhary

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ahem Rommel was from Jan 41 the chief of DAK "Deutsches Afrika Korp" operation Sunflower.
Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 5:08:02 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Originally Posted by: Jhary Go to Quoted Post
Ahem Rommel was from Jan 41 the chief of DAK "Deutsches Afrika Korp" operation Sunflower.

My comment was on the various tank models present, not on Rommel's presence.
Jhary  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 5:44:36 AM(UTC)
Jhary

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

My comment was on the various tank models present, not on Rommel's presence.

Ok But with out Rommel there where Only Italians in the Desert. German Afrika Korp was sended because Musollinis Troops where Loosing. And it was under the Command of Rommel. So the first battles where totaly other Tanks. Then the first Battles with Rommel where with also other Tanks then Tiger & Co. They where so poor perfarment that Rommel came up with teh Idee to use the Antiair Guns and mutch tricks.