Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CmdrRook  
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:26:27 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
1. The radio coordinator replaces the friendly tanks init after all mods, crew and crits alike. You might not want to waste init upgrades on a tank you want to boost. The real question is when that happens in the phase, but all signs point to when the Coordinator tank would be able to activate. This means that a shell shocked radio coordinator wouldn't share it's 0 initiative (mandatory) until then very bottom of shooting, therefore not spoiling a better initiative.

2. Yes. It is a second shooting attack, making it a good pair with Otto Carius or Wittman. On a pz IV Short and an Artillery Observer spotting? Das gut. Bobby does not pair well with other "first attack" abilities like Barkmann.
Uthak  
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:05:08 AM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MiSiO Go to Quoted Post
1. Radio Coordinator - does the Radio Coordinator INI can be modified by "targeted" tank's cards or is it the new, final unmodifiable value?

2. Can "Bobby" Woll's second shot be modified? (+1 ATT from Otto, Bloodthirsty gunner etc.)?

1.) no it cant/doesn't matter: If we assume that tank A transfers initiative X to tank B at initiative step X this would mean any modifiers now added to X would be pointless as say an enemy tank at initiative X+1 already got his action. going "back" to initiative X+1 therefor has no effect, as that step is already over.

I'm not sure about this, but I think I read somewhere here an HQ post saying that the RC effectively overwrites any and all potential modifiers (also by critical effects!). So a stunned tank may shoot at its new initiative. (a reference would be nice, but I don't remember if and where I saw it..) /// on the other hand since like armor upgrades prohibiting "fast" are continuous effects and overwriting say activations of a supercharger = this must in turn mean that critical effects should be continuous effects as well and pull an uplifted tank right back down to its modifier... I'm torn here :D

2.) this one I'm VERY sure is correct and quoted by HQ: any modifiers apply to the second shot as well, as its not a re-roll or something: thus used-ammo from the main-shooting cant be used here again, however all adds/re-rolls apply as the tank is literally shooting again.
thanks 1 user thanked Uthak for this useful post.
MiSiO on 10/2/2017(UTC)
MiSiO  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 6:40:16 PM(UTC)
MiSiO

Was hoping that I will not have to ask this one. Blitzkrieg. Tank can make blitzkrieg only when having a reparable crit?

This tank may make a single Move
instead of making a Repair Damage roll
in the Command Phase.

One of players asked that question. Text suggest that You can move only when You can repair. And You can repair only when You have a crit on Your tank.
MiSiO
JTSleep  
#44 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:08:50 PM(UTC)
JTSleep

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
One thing that might be considered as FAQ is question of observer.

Text of card is: "Once per turn a stationary tank with the Artillery keyword may draw its line of sight from this tank instead of itself when shooting."

My question is: Can observer shoot as it would normally does? This card only says that Artillery itself can draw its LOS, it doesn´t say anything about it being instead of its normal attack. (For me its similar to Radio coordinator. It also copies init to frindly tank)
Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
CmdrRook  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 4:06:56 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MiSiO Go to Quoted Post
Was hoping that I will not have to ask this one. Blitzkrieg. Tank can make blitzkrieg only when having a reparable crit?

This tank may make a single Move
instead of making a Repair Damage roll
in the Command Phase.

One of players asked that question. Text suggest that You can move only when You can repair. And You can repair only when You have a crit on Your tank.

During the repair step of the command phase, as illustrated in the core rule book, you must choose whether to blitz or to repair. Most turns, the decision is easy if you don't have crits to repair. Again, the rules' intent is to be permissive, not restrictive.

JTSleep wrote:
My question is: Can observer shoot as it would normally does? This card only says that Artillery itself can draw its LOS, it doesn´t say anything about it being instead of its normal attack. (For me its similar to Radio coordinator. It also copies init to frindly tank)

Yes, the old version of the card spoiled on the front page required the observer tank to give up it's shooting action, but the released version does not. It is a wicked combo, especially on another artillery tank, ignoring intervening models.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
JTSleep on 10/3/2017(UTC)
Ozariig  
#46 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 7:52:02 AM(UTC)
Ozariig

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Bump. This is definitely something that we're going to want to save for the future.