Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris at Tanks HQ  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 2:57:33 PM(UTC)
Chris at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
World War II provides a rich history for us here at Battlefront/GF9 to draw from when creating TANKS and the associated range of miniatures. We pride ourselves on creating fantastic gaming miniatures that are easy to assemble and robust enough for gaming.

We understand that many people want to create and use tanks not yet available in the game and we are excited by the creativity that many of you have exhibited. Whilst we intend on continually adding new models to our range we cannot have "all" of them "now".

Whilst using these forums though we would ask that you keep your discussion regarding the physical models and the posting of any photos limited to those in the TANKS range. This is not about trying to ban discussion of what tanks you would like to see added next, or even theorycrafting stats for the Maus, E-100 or any other tank. Rather it is about the comparisons (positive and negative) between our models and 3rd party ones.

This is not an independent forum and therefore feel that discussion regarding the pros and cons of the various models available should be kept to our models as there are plenty of other places to discuss the variety of miniatures available.

Plus our Tanks come with cards!

Chris
Dr.Dave  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 7:36:43 PM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Fair point, Chris. It's your forum.

Couple of thing - you wish us to only discuss models 'limited to those in the TANKS range'. Does this , then . exclude FOW models?

Secondly - it seems to me from reading the forums that many players are chomping at the bit to buy your models but in their part of the world they're finding it impossible to do so. They're so keen to get playing they're understandably using and adapting models made by other companies. Doesn't the real 'problem' lie there ?
WolfBenrath  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 11:22:34 PM(UTC)
WolfBenrath

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Okay, message received and understood.
Feuer Frei !!!
Tiepilot1138  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:04:41 AM(UTC)
Tiepilot1138

Originally Posted by: Dr.Dave Go to Quoted Post

Couple of thing - you wish us to only discuss models 'limited to those in the TANKS range'. Does this , then . exclude FOW models?

Secondly - it seems to me from reading the forums that many players are chomping at the bit to buy your models but in their part of the world they're finding it impossible to do so. They're so keen to get playing they're understandably using and adapting models made by other companies. Doesn't the real 'problem' lie there ?

Agreed. Those of us in the US haven't been able to have "ANY" of them for months. Would you prefer we just stop talking about it completely? I can't talk about what I can't buy. Don't go all Games Workshop on us.

When are we going to see resupply?
LordOfKhemri  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:38:11 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
For me the clinching point will be what happens around Thanksgiving for the USA guys and Christmas time for the rest of us.

A new game this year, clamouring customers, some still waiting for the initial starter sets , others wanting new tanks. The first TG/Christmas when loving families can buy their tankie some nice presents.

If they can't get it right then it could well die as stores won't want to risk it.

Already the dice are out of stock and FoW muzzle flash counters are OOS as well.

Let's hope that wheels are in motion big time and that we get what we are after.

As I have said previously, I love this game and I want it to continue.

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
CommodoreDecker  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:01:19 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tiepilot1138 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dr.Dave Go to Quoted Post

Agreed. Those of us in the US haven't been able to have "ANY" of them for months. Would you prefer we just stop talking about it completely? I can't talk about what I can't buy. Don't go all Games Workshop on us.

When are we going to see resupply?

To be fair to GW, they have really stepped up their game recently. They listened to the their customers and made many positive changes.
For the past months all gf9 has done is continually tell us different release dates for the restock that do not come to fruition.
It is not a fair comparison.
In a week there will be no point in me posting on these forums anymore as the game will be in coffin in southern Ohio. I'll just have to hope maybe the guys at the Guard tower hold on and I can make a 2 hour drive to play every now and then.
Normandyfan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:06:09 PM(UTC)
Normandyfan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have almost given up on Tanks, I pre ordered on June 10 and did not receive my starter set until September 26 and then my order was not complete, I am still waiting for British Sherman's I wanted to re order some more tank expansions but they are now out of stock. To be totally honest I received my Soviet tanks before I received my starter set. I am totally fed up with GF9 and Battlefront
CommodoreDecker  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:18:47 PM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Normandyfan Go to Quoted Post
I have almost given up on Tanks, I pre ordered on June 10 and did not receive my starter set until September 26 and then my order was not complete, I am still waiting for British Sherman's I wanted to re order some more tank expansions but they are now out of stock. To be totally honest I received my Soviet tanks before I received my starter set. I am totally fed up with GF9 and Battlefront

I'm not being snarky when I say that you should be happy you got a starter set.
My lgs has never gotten one. I own a starter and one other guy in our group does, that's it.
Normandyfan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:55:24 PM(UTC)
Normandyfan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My LHS has never received any Tanks merchandise, I pre ordered on line
Tally - Ho  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:29:27 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
For those in the US; when I checked on Amazon yesterday there were four Starter Kits available for sale.
They also had some of the expansions.