Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CommodoreDecker  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:42:16 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carlson793 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CommodoreDecker Go to Quoted Post
New releases?
How about some starter sets? All my work promoting this game is going out the window if they don't restock this week.
No starters, still don't have op2 kit. Its only going to be the fault of gf9 when this great game folds soon.

Already died locally. I hold out hope, but I'm also hedging my bets with FoW (though PSC sees most of my money for that).

Our last hope locally is my scheduled event on Oct 9th. If starters aren't available before the store is done with it.
Fawlkes  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:45:12 AM(UTC)
Fawlkes

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I like that Tanks HQ are taking note of the complaints from players about the limitations of national abilities. But how about taking notes of the woeful underpointing of the 'Gung-Ho' ability. I have not met one person who think that ability is reasonably priced compared to the other national abilities. At the last OP event, I came up against a Pershing with 'Baby Richards' who for only a few points more was the same speed, hit harder, better armoured and all round better skilled than any of the Comets I had on the table. "Seek, Strike, Destroy" adds another level of frustration for players facing Americans, and the fact that the British aren't able to take this doctrine on their TDs just adds further frustration.
Current owned Tanks list:

75/76mm Sherman (x2), Panther/Jagdpanther (x2)
PilGrim  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:42:28 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fawlkes Go to Quoted Post
I like that Tanks HQ are taking note of the complaints from players about the limitations of national abilities. But how about taking notes of the woeful underpointing of the 'Gung-Ho' ability. I have not met one person who think that ability is reasonably priced compared to the other national abilities. At the last OP event, I came up against a Pershing with 'Baby Richards' who for only a few points more was the same speed, hit harder, better armoured and all round better skilled than any of the Comets I had on the table. "Seek, Strike, Destroy" adds another level of frustration for players facing Americans, and the fact that the British aren't able to take this doctrine on their TDs just adds further frustration.

SS&D isnt really appropriate for British TD doctrine which was pretty much about using the M10s as anti tank guns - firing from flanks and cover then using mobility to get out if threatened. Of course you have to ask why "Cautious" doesn't apply to German TDs either.

Battlefront make a lot out of US TD doctrine - particularly scouts, when in effect the same would apply to most TDs - certainly the British were particularly keen on scouting and finding good firing positions, however that was usually in relation to either defending an infantry position.

In truth these rules are just there to add flavour and they're not really that valid. "Gung Ho" is a particular issue because it equates mobility with protection when in fact movement = easier to spot.

I agree that its under-pointed but I doubt they'll fix it
LordOfKhemri  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:34:41 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Looking in FoW mini rulebook and seeing that SS&D is in there for US TD I made a look at the Soviet section.

All I could see would be that , as conscripts are crewing the tanks, if a Commander moves so do the tanks in its unit. If commander remains stationary so do the other tanks.
So maybe if a designated leader moves so do all tanks within one or two arrows.

Who knows.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Tally - Ho  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:09:49 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Axeman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirClash Go to Quoted Post
Nice idea, but couldn't those be just crewmembers/regular upgrades? Or the idea was to introduce one more, nation specific upgrade slot? And, most importantly, where can we get those? :]

I like the idea of these cards but I would have used the term "Doctrine" for something that applies to all tanks of a specific type in your force e.g. pay 'X' points for something that gives a bonus to any or all of your assault guns or heavy tanks.

Maybe something like this will come in the future?

I like the idea of coming out with some type of doctrine cards for specific types or models of tanks. Maybe tying it to a command tank (needs commander card) with a requirement of having a minimum number of that type of tank in your group would be fun.
Or say something like the Soviet Guards increasing initiative.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:15:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

thanks 1 user thanked Tally - Ho for this useful post.
Gus_A on 10/11/2016(UTC)
Gus_A  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:22:53 PM(UTC)
Gus_A

LordOfKhemri  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:40:29 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Check out this thread.
Card Deck
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Douglington II  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:29:24 PM(UTC)
Douglington II

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Bit late to the party here..heh

I like the doctrine cards. they should allow us to make the tanks 'feel' like the crew inside are individuals.

in regard to the discussion around supply and takeoff/dropping off of the game. give it time. My first piece of advice I give to gaming butterflies like myself is to give a game 12 months before starting a serious gaming community locally. its tempting to get in while its new and exciting but in a years time the game will have developed, expanded and matured. everybody has 15mm tanks...like everybody. once the supply of expansions becomes refined and efficient picking up forces will be much easier.

may I remind people that the first 2 waves of X wing were a nightmare. there was shortages of starter sets. Popular expansions for certain cards were being cleared off shelves for up to 6 months. the game itself was dominated by 1 or 2 combinations of ships. Its easy to forget that startups are hard and people lose interest quickly when they can't get what they want. A little bit of patience may prevail.
CaptDonai  
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:40:50 AM(UTC)
CaptDonai

So ... Tanks HQ, there was talk that GF9 was going to make these cards available to folks like long-time Battlefront customers who already have all of these models and don't really need more.

Any progress on making THAT happen??
Carlson793  
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:01:57 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CaptDonai Go to Quoted Post
So ... Tanks HQ, there was talk that GF9 was going to make these cards available to folks like long-time Battlefront customers who already have all of these models and don't really need more.

Was linked in post #27 above.
http://tanks.gf9games.co...osts&m=3299#post3299

Edited by user Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:03:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 2:36:56 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CaptDonai Go to Quoted Post

We created the starter sets to be a good entry point for both new players and existing flames of war players. The starter gives players access to all of the wave 1 tanks and upgrade cards along with providing key components needed to play like the damage decks, tokens and terrain.

Edited by user Saturday, October 15, 2016 2:38:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Necrogoat  
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:45:29 PM(UTC)
Necrogoat

What will the upcoming cardpacks be about? And is there also planned to release them in different languages?
Carlson793  
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 5:10:59 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Originally Posted by: Necrogoat Go to Quoted Post
What will the upcoming cardpacks be about? And is there also planned to release them in different languages?
Repeating again: there are no card packs coming, at least at the current time. See THIS THREAD.
Necrogoat  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:28:44 AM(UTC)
Necrogoat

Ah ok because at some shops I found the preorder for it like this one:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gf9tanks21.html
Zerstorer  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:43:10 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Necrogoat Go to Quoted Post
Ah ok because at some shops I found the preorder for it like this one:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gf9tanks21.html

Yep, Coolstuff has that too.....I recently canceled my pre order for the cards so the rest of the stuff I ordered can be shipped. GF9 and vendors should work to remove those pre-order options. It hurts the game.
Swished3  
#36 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 10:05:57 AM(UTC)
Swished3

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
So do you need 1 Doctrine Card per tank, like the other upgrades?

If so, how many will be in each M10 set?
Carlson793  
#37 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 12:29:37 PM(UTC)
Carlson793

Originally Posted by: Swished3 Go to Quoted Post
So do you need 1 Doctrine Card per tank, like the other upgrades?
Need? No, but you have the option to add one per tank.
Originally Posted by: Swished3 Go to Quoted Post
If so, how many will be in each M10 set?
We have been shown (at least in part) four Doctrine cards: two American and two British. Both the Achilles and the Jackson are listed as having the standard* 1 Hero/2 Crew/2 Upgrade slots. We haven't been shown any tanks other than those two for 'Wave 2', and each previous Crew/Upgrade card from the Starter Set has been duplicated at least once in the Expansions, so there's a good chance both Upgrade slots in the Achilles/Jackson Expansions will be Doctrine cards.

* The T-34 being the oddball with 2 Heroes/1 Crew/2 Upgrades
thanks 1 user thanked Carlson793 for this useful post.
Rhet Sark on 10/17/2016(UTC)