Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 3:42:18 PM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Hey everyone, here's the first installment in an ongoing video series that will cover all the basics of how to play TANKS.

Edited by moderator Friday, May 20, 2016 3:43:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 5/20/2016(UTC), 2938158 on 5/20/2016(UTC), Fernando on 5/21/2016(UTC)
FlyXwire  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 12:30:09 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sean,

I think the destroying of the one Sherman is a bit confusing, since it didn't start the game showing any damage markers on it, the viewer must assume that these were already accumulated from some previous turn. (?)

This leads to a question whether the damage tokens are placed on the damaged tank's card or left on the board. The video shows the Panther's damage remaining after the cleanup, so although it wouldn't make much difference for game-play, having players being consistent of either leaving on-the-board, or off on the appropriate card should probably be agreed upon.

Otherwise sharp video!
hithero  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 2:35:26 AM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Great video, found that I had been playing something slightly wrong in that both players are rolling dice before a stationary shooter declares a re-roll.
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 10:24:20 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FlyXwire Go to Quoted Post
Sean,

I think the destroying of the one Sherman is a bit confusing, since it didn't start the game showing any damage markers on it, the viewer must assume that these were already accumulated from some previous turn. (?)

This leads to a question whether the damage tokens are placed on the damaged tank's card or left on the board. The video shows the Panther's damage remaining after the cleanup, so although it wouldn't make much difference for game-play, having players being consistent of either leaving on-the-board, or off on the appropriate card should probably be agreed upon.

Otherwise sharp video!

Thanks!
I tend to leave damage markers with the tank model, simply to make it easier for my opponent to gauge/remember which ones are damaged.

As for the extra damage that got piled on in the video... We simply ran out of time to add the extra piece of voice-over explaining it.
thanks 1 user thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
FlyXwire on 5/24/2016(UTC)
FlyXwire  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:25:55 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I like that idea too Sean!

(also easier than doing both board markers and marking the cards)
Tank Addict  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 9:42:26 AM(UTC)
Tank Addict

Our gaming group prefers to keep damage tokens on the tank itself, to better determine quickly each tank's level of vulnerability as targets. We also prefer to use one full set of damage/crit cards per side. When a critical hit is assigned to a tank, we leave that critical hit card with the tank card until it is either destroyed, or the damage is repaired. Then, the card is reshuffled immediately back into the deck. Following the spirit of how damage is handled in the sister game, X-Wing. We find this also works best in larger scale games.

Edited by user Friday, April 21, 2017 9:43:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

[img=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wittmann]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wittmann[/img]