Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PilGrim  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:53:59 AM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Andy

As a general rule the restrictions on OP are down to the event organiser in your venue. I cant speak for anyone else but locally we have been happy to allow non Tanks models just to encourage players, but others may be different.

The Tigers question I'm 100% certain does not apply and you can use them

Tally - Ho  
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:11:51 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AndyTerry Go to Quoted Post
Hi

New to the Forum but been playing Tanks with my 11 year old for quite a while.
2 questions regarding this thread:-

1. I have a large number of FOW and other manufacturers tanks that I would like to use at an OPS event. e.g. 3 T34-85, 1 SU100 , 2 T34 76 and an IS 2.

I do not want to but 7 new vehicles just to play at the OPS Event. Mine and my sons budget doesn't stretch.

2. He received the FOW Tiger pack with the Tanks cards in it. Presumably, according to Chris he can't use those? Where does the line get drawn?

Cheers

Andy

For the OPS; it is my understanding that it really is up to your local game store. However; any Flames of War plastic units should be fine regardless as they are virtually the same kits from the same manufacturer.
If they ever get around to official tournament play, then I believe you will be restricted to TANKS or FOW kits.
Mjorr  
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:30:23 PM(UTC)
Mjorr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just a q?
Looking at ordering the 3 new british tanks from local gamestore (need to support locals), however on checking with the store the tanks are not yet available/listed for preordering or ordering from his distributor (Australia) .

Is there an issue with these tanks being available.
Ganar Limited  
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 12:16:33 AM(UTC)
Ganar Limited

Well done. I have finally made it to this community.

Edited by user Monday, June 11, 2018 7:58:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LordOfKhemri  
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 1:59:16 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Please continue on your journey to another community.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Corsair6  
#26 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 1:52:47 PM(UTC)
Corsair6

Has anyone developed rules for using the Team Yankee vehicles with a Tanks system? Seems a logical progression as FOW models moved into Tanks, why not the Team Yankee models too? I would like to shift between WW2 and WW3 scenarios.
Zerstorer  
#27 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 2:33:31 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Corsair6 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone developed rules for using the Team Yankee vehicles with a Tanks system? Seems a logical progression as FOW models moved into Tanks, why not the Team Yankee models too? I would like to shift between WW2 and WW3 scenarios.

There is something called Team Tankie being tested on Fakebook. I looked it over and think it could be done better though.

For modern tanks, I would suggest a minimum 4x4. 6x3 might be better. Lots of modern tanks would be rated as fast, perhaps some worthy of speed 4 on appropriate terrain.

The American gung ho might have to be changed to Mission Tactics.....same as WW2 Blitzkrieg. NATO allies use it too, except for the Brits and perhaps French. Semi indirect fire could still work for the Brits. France needs something else. I suggested “formidable” before....a French tank ignores its first shell shocked, bailed out or crew injured card....coordinated fire works well for the Russians and Warsaw Pact.

Any tank with good stabilizers and advanced fire control should get gung ho or better....maybe being able to remove up to 2 speed from their own shooting....e.g., a US M-1 tank moving speed 2 shoots as if it moved 0 (but does not get stationary rerolls). A Russian T-72 might only get the basic gung ho. Early Russian tanks such as the T-55 or T-62, prior to upgrades, would not get gung ho.

Some Russian tanks and the M-551 Sheridan could shoot missiles from their gun tubes. I suggest using special ammo cards for this, discarding them to use...+1 or +2 attack die, and getting stationary rerolls.

HEAT ammo rounds also should be added as ammo cards....HESH as well. Tanks could have special armor to deal with these rounds...so maybe reactive armor gives a tank +1 armor when hit by. HEAT round?

Dedicated AT vehicles need to be added to the game.....and helicopters too. Simple air strikes, smal numbers of infantry and even artillery would make nice toys to add to scenarios.

I would probably add a double size arrow to the game and use that for measuring close range, as well as a minimum range for early ATGM’s.

Edited by user Friday, March 30, 2018 2:36:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zerstorer  
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 6:45:23 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Bump to cut through spam.
Corsair6  
#29 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 9:19:59 AM(UTC)
Corsair6

I understand why a company would want players to use their product - they are a business. I do have models from both FOW and PSC, though I believe the FOW models are better. When going to a tournament sponsored by the company I believe it is just good form to use their product. When at your local store it is ok to use whatever you like. Based on the cost of the models, it is hard to argue against using their product. Approx $10 for a model and cards is hard to compete against.