Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CmdrRook  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:22:00 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
The scenario: a fast tank (or any tank capable of movement, really) uses its first movement of the phase to check a minefield (ops4). Damage is rolled immediately, and scores sufficient damage to destroy the tank at the end of the round.

Questions:
1; Does it still make the roll to clear the minefield? (Almost definitely yes, but I have to ask.)
2; May it then proceed to move its remaining movement? (Probably, as it's not technically destroyed yet, right?)
3; If its movement permits, may it trigger and clear additional minefields this turn? (Wait what?)
4; May it also then attack and be attacked in the Shooting Phase? (Remove the head or destroy the brain!)
5; When does Cautious check for Destroyed? If it's in the Shooting Phase, the restriction is redundant, as tanks are not marked Destroyed until the first part of the Command Phase, before checking for Victory, repair, and Blitzkrieg. (Did you say Nazi Zombies?)
6; If a living tank triggers a minefield during its Blitz movement and suffers sufficient damage to Destroy it, does it wait until the next turn's Command Phase to kick the bucket, moving, shooting, and otherwise participating in battle as a healthy tank? (Braaaaains...)

Please send help. I don't know how much longer I can hold back the undead horde!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:48:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Correcting ops listing.

CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 7:51:18 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post

5; When does Cautious check for Destroyed?

I'm taking the liberty of answering my own question, here, with the cards presently in my hands: Cautious never checks for Destroyed; it checks- after shooting- if it has any remaining damage points. Sort of like a pre-Destroyed Destroyed check. As far as I know, this is the only instance of this phrasing in the game.
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:10:44 PM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
In a narrative sense, the various phases are occurring simultaneously, which is why shooting is so strongly affected by movement.
The tank does indeed stay in play until the Command Phase, but it could be argued that it made it's shots while moving through the minefield.

The blitz-move explosion is an odd case, I'll admit. :P
But I'd love to see that burning tank heroically limp forward to take down an enemy before it died.

tl;dr: no WW2 zombies here, just grim-faced soldiers with true grit. :)
thanks 2 users thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
Waster on 1/17/2017(UTC), CmdrRook on 1/21/2017(UTC)
Thundertotem  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:10:26 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sean at TANKS HQ Go to Quoted Post
no WW2 zombies here

Unless you are Weird War 2 nuts like me and few others. :P
Panzer Vor!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Thundertotem for this useful post.
CmdrRook on 1/24/2017(UTC)
Terror  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 12:20:26 AM(UTC)
Terror

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I propose that tanks are destroyed at the end of the phase they lost all their hull. That way they can still "final fury" during the shooting phase.
CmdrRook  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 12:58:30 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

While that would successfully deal with this issue, that's a pretty bold house rule for something "working as intended." I was worried that it would make objectives difficult to secure, but the scoring and check for victory step happens before blitzkrieg movement and after the shooting phase, so there's no significant change.