Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris at Tanks HQ  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:03:36 AM(UTC)
Chris at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Some of you may be aware that a small number of Achilles tanks (TANKS30) were shipped from our factory with an incorrect Tank card listing its special rule as Coordinated Fire, rather than the usual Semi-indirect Fire.

This only effects a small number of the initial release but for those of you lucky enough to get this "limited edition misprint" please contact our Customer Service team to get a replacement card sent out to you.

Email them with a picture of your card and your address details and they will get you squared away asap.

US Customer Service

UK, Europe and the Rest of the World Customer Service

If using the misprinted card at an event or against your regular opponents please make sure that they are aware that it should have Semi-indirect Fire (like other British tanks) whilst you wait for your replacement card to arrive.

Thanks
Chris

Edited by moderator Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:06:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Chris at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
D.J. on 11/13/2016(UTC)
D.J.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:12:17 PM(UTC)
D.J.

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you for this Service :)
I send you later a Mail with the picture and be proud to be a owner of this limited edition *lol*
I think it's great to get this card :D

Thank you for your efforts
:)

Edited by user Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:19:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SteveW  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:54:40 PM(UTC)
SteveW

Received my replacement Achilles card today and it's got exactly the same fault

Coordinated Fire as the Keyword under the picture and Semi-indirect Fire in the description

Regards,

SteveW

Originally Posted by: Chris at Tanks HQ Go to Quoted Post
Some of you may be aware that a small number of Achilles tanks (TANKS30) were shipped from our factory with an incorrect Tank card listing its special rule as Coordinated Fire, rather than the usual Semi-indirect Fire.

This only effects a small number of the initial release but for those of you lucky enough to get this "limited edition misprint" please contact our Customer Service team to get a replacement card sent out to you.

Email them with a picture of your card and your address details and they will get you squared away asap.

US Customer Service

UK, Europe and the Rest of the World Customer Service

If using the misprinted card at an event or against your regular opponents please make sure that they are aware that it should have Semi-indirect Fire (like other British tanks) whilst you wait for your replacement card to arrive.

Thanks
Chris

PilGrim  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:11:07 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I've not got my replacement yet - couple of weeks now any need to chase?
LordOfKhemri  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:52:00 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
well i had a replacement set sent around 3 weeks ago which had the same problem.
so i requested another set of replacements on the 15th Nov which have not yet arrived.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Dr.Dave  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:00:24 AM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm in the same boat as his Lordship - my replacement arrived about 3 weeks back with exactly the same printing mistake as the original. I emailed customer services - no response.
Seamus  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:01:19 AM(UTC)
Seamus

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I guess this means I need to take a pic and email it today, lol
\m/ O.o \m/
Rhet Sark  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:08:39 AM(UTC)
Rhet Sark

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I sent my photo in around December, I think. I emailed support a week ago and they responded that they were awaiting a print shipment, and likely I would receive my replacement card in February.
shifty33  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:49:08 PM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yea got one yesterday had the coordinat fire in the small heading but the semi fire rules In the text. Lol o well not a big deal to me I know what it's suppose to have.
Waster  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:39:05 PM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Picked up a Coordinated Fire Achilles yesterday at my FLGS. I assumed the print error was long since remedied, but I guess not. Ah well, not a problem really.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:39:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Seamus  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:03:31 AM(UTC)
Seamus

I sent my email in... I thought it was funny that it was on there... figured it was done with the M-10 Lend Lease which DOES have CF... But we all know *that* guy, and if we don't, usually that means WE are him

Honestly, this allows me to use my M-10/ Jackson as a second Achilles
\m/ O.o \m/
Waster  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:34:57 PM(UTC)
Waster

It's not an Achilles with CF (though I do have one of those) but I noticed another pretty glaring print error yesterday playing with my promo oversize IS-2 cards: They have four crew slots.
Chargers  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:27:58 PM(UTC)
Chargers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well, an oversized tank is going to have more room than a compact tank. :>)
1000cc of testosterone
thanks 1 user thanked Chargers for this useful post.
LordOfKhemri on 2/8/2017(UTC)
Mjorr  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 10:15:24 PM(UTC)
Mjorr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
..........can't I use all three rules "not enough room to print all the needed info" or all the other rules the archilles needs
Seamus  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 3:03:49 AM(UTC)
Seamus

Are you really fixing this issue?

I got an email stating my replacement would be in the mail, but it was a large issue and would take 4 weeks to complete, it has been 6 weeks. I have gotten nothing from GF9, not even an email laying out a delay.... NO contact at all....
\m/ O.o \m/
thanks 1 user thanked Seamus for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 3/5/2017(UTC)
Waster  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 3:46:35 AM(UTC)
Waster

Originally Posted by: Seamus Go to Quoted Post
Are you really fixing this issue?

I got an email stating my replacement would be in the mail, but it was a large issue and would take 4 weeks to complete, it has been 6 weeks. I have gotten nothing from GF9, not even an email laying out a delay.... NO contact at all....

After the initial reports of replacement cards having the exact same misprint, I think it's safe to say that BF/GF9 either doesn't care or is so scrambled they haven't managed to print cards with the right text yet. It's worrying.

I know I say this kind of thing a lot around here, and I'm sure the Tanks HQ crew is sick if hearing it from me and others, but the fact remains that support for this game is not good. It's bad. It's really quite bad.

They had a major misprint, they did the right thing to create this sticky to try and correct it, but never followed through.

Key OPS kit contents have been incorrect or missing for the past few months.

Promos in the OPS kits have been misprinted for the past two months.

Print quality on all cards is incredibly inconsistent, meaning a dedicated player could identify face-down cards almost 100% of the time in a tournament.

Although things are improving, product shortages (particularly of the starter set one MUST HAVE to play) have plagued the entire life of the game so far.

The website is strangely designed and outright broken in several places. Click on "Garage" and it takes you to the post for OPS 1.3. That was three kits ago, aka three months ago. If you scroll down on that page you'll see links to related articles. One of those related articles? OPS 1.3.

There is no FAQ, Errata, or tournament rules document, despite a Rules Discussion subforum bursting with clear evidence that such a thing is wanted and needed, with many explicitly asking or searching for one where none exists.

The OPS kits have real, valuable prize support (being resold on ebay for several times its original purchase price) yet have brief, often unclear rules that raise tons of (as yet) unanswered questions for the people running and playing them.

The year's new products have been spoiled and it's been revealed that the Russians, one of only four armies in the game, will not be getting any new tanks this year. Keep in mind that like the Brits, they only have one Tank that wasn't a launch product, the Lend Lease M10 (considered by myself and many others to be the weakest addition to the game of its wave, but that's another kettle of fish). That's one new main product for Russian-only players in what, over two years? I realize this is largely because they're following FOW's new plastic releases, but the reality is that it hurts the balance of the game.

As a player, a tournament organizer, a member of this forum, and simply as a gamer, I'm worried. I have a hard time believing this game can survive another year of this.

I truly love the game. I love playing it, I love the minis and the elegant rules, and I love what each new expansion adds to the game. I really do try to be optimistic about it.

But I just don't know how much longer it can last like this.

Edited by user Sunday, March 5, 2017 4:01:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Waster for this useful post.
LordOfKhemri on 3/5/2017(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:26:04 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

When I saw all those words from Waster I initially thought "this looks like a rant".
Having read it twice i agree with everything written.

I have invested heavily in this game as, like Waster, I love everything about it. Simple, some quirky rules, but good models etc.

Part of me thinks GF9 have been caught by surprise as to the perceived popularity of the game. However, out of stock of tankovy paint ( a staple for us Soviets), misprinted cards not being remedied, the starter set availability fiasco raise serious concerns in my mind as to the overall commitment to the Tanks game.

Despite my best efforts the game itself has failed to take off in a club of over 60 active members, events raise more interest from overseas than in my own country and for those of us who want tanks I can fully understand why players go to the company starting with Z and use homebrew cards.

I am now designing a solitaire system for this game as I can forsee that very soon I will be in a minority of one and I still want to paint and play.

As far as I am aware there has been no promotional event by GF9 in the UK to cater for the players here.

If Battlefront/GF9 think this is a way to ease people into FOW i think they are wide of the mark.
6 May 18 no
PilGrim  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:17:06 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think we may be making a couple of assumptions that with hindsight may not be supportable. BF/GF9 have settled on a business model that relies on replacement by sku. Simply put they manufacture and pack their product in the far east. When they have a packing or quality control issues they do not have any components available "locally" so instead replace the whole item. Look back both here and Facebook and you will find many examples of them just replacing whole units when one part is defective. That model has a weakness when the problem is there is no available replacement as in this case. Basically they can't just get another out to us, they need to print again. If that is the case the staff here just don't have the ability to fix the problem, it's beyond their pay grade. Given the organisation of the company they will probably only reprint when they next produce a batch of Achilles and that could be a long time coming. Or they have to find a solution outside their local processes.

This game isn't a taster for FoW, it's clearly a side project using available moulds. There are some really nice components, the terrain is very good for instance. Also the models themselves are not simply FoW product as they are coloured differently which means a totally separate production run.

Given the production processes they use they can't respond quickly to miscalculations such as miscalculation of initial demand or the Achilles card. Tanks doesn't have enough priority to bump the solutions up the production queues that are clearly full of Team Yankee and FoW v4.

So I'm sure they will try and fix it, but it will always be a case of when they can grab a quiet slot or when there is a FoW parallel.

In many ways that's a shame, as I like the game, but unless there is a major reorganisation I can't see things changing much

Edited by user Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:22:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Seamus  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 2:31:37 AM(UTC)
Seamus

Thanks for the replies everyone, but I state again, 6 weeks ago I got an email saying it would be 4 weeks, and no update as to why it is taking longer.... The game is not the issue, Customer Service is the issue.
\m/ O.o \m/
LordOfKhemri  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 3:25:08 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

I think I got my last request in for new correctly printed cards mid November 2016, 2016 in there just in case this drags on.
6 May 18 no