Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:03:27 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
This week I posted up my Soviet list, what do you think?

What Soviet list would you run?

In case you have not seen the article here is a link...

What do you think about this list? How would you build it better? What would you use to defeat my list?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

-Andrew

Edited by user Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:04:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Andrew at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 7/28/2016(UTC)
CommodoreDecker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 3:53:22 PM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
What you posted is very similar to what I'm planning to run. I can't wait till they are available.
Capt Platt  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:53:05 PM(UTC)
Capt Platt

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I fear for the Soviets, they will always want to take advantage of their special rule and group up, so 'Bobby' Woll will have a field day!

I guess their bonus will be numbers and have no less than 100 point games.

Just my thoughts.
Cheltenham's Premier Tabletop Gaming Club

Pork Chop Gaming
KampfgruppeAdler  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:58:19 PM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
for the Russian's I have been running the following list with great success -

2 x IS2 - each with "precise loader" / "precise commander" / "liquid courage" / "sandbag armor"

keep them close together so one fires with 6 dice and the other with 7 , each get 2 rerolls attacking , keep that "sandbag armor" ready for when you make that one awful defense roll that seems to come every game , "liquid courage" - if there is a supply of vodka in the tank the crew
will think twice about "bailing out"...

~~~~~

another solid build I have had success with is 4 x T34/85

keep moving fast and tight (remember Bobby Woll is just a SS pretty boy) , concentrate fire - one tank fires with 5 dice and the other three fire with 6 dice

good hunting...Adler...out..............

Graeme  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 12:20:43 AM(UTC)
Graeme

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KampfgruppeAdler Go to Quoted Post
for the Russian's I have been running the following list with great success -

2 x IS2 - each with "precise loader" / "precise commander" / "liquid courage" / "sandbag armor"

keep them close together so one fires with 6 dice and the other with 7 , each get 2 rerolls attacking , keep that "sandbag armor" ready for when you make that one awful defense roll that seems to come every game , "liquid courage" - if there is a supply of vodka in the tank the crew
will think twice about "bailing out"...

~~~~~

another solid build I have had success with is 4 x T34/85

keep moving fast and tight (remember Bobby Woll is just a SS pretty boy) , concentrate fire - one tank fires with 5 dice and the other three fire with 6 dice

good hunting...Adler...out..............

I don't know which of those lists I would fear most.
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:22:42 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CommodoreDecker Go to Quoted Post
What you posted is very similar to what I'm planning to run. I can't wait till they are available.

Yeah, there is just something about the IS-85 that I just love as a tank. It looks so cool and its stats are really nice. It's a well-rounded tank, pricey but worth the points for the overall good stats.
CommodoreDecker  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:27:09 PM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrew at Tanks HQ Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, there is just something about the IS-85 that I just love as a tank. It looks so cool and its stats are really nice. It's a well-rounded tank, pricey but worth the points for the overall good stats.

I accidentally hit the "report" button when scrolling. I think I cancelled it tho.

I feel the same about the IS2. It is my favorite tank, but I agree that stat and point wise it may not be best.
Conall  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 7:10:25 AM(UTC)
Conall

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Historically, soviet tankers were very unimpressed by both the KV-85 & IS-85, both of which were considered inferior to the T-34/85 & essentially redundant. Hence the (admirable) speed with which the 122mm was fitted into the IS-2, making it an ideal heavy breakthrough tank with the emphasis on the gun's HE performance rather than its anti-tank capabilities - something reflected in typical HE to AP combat loads.

Tom
MATRAKA14  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 1:19:09 AM(UTC)
MATRAKA14

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Conall Go to Quoted Post

Historically, soviet tankers were very unimpressed by both the KV-85 & IS-85, both of which were considered inferior to the T-34/85 & essentially redundant. Hence the (admirable) speed with which the 122mm was fitted into the IS-2, making it an ideal heavy breakthrough tank with the emphasis on the gun's HE performance rather than its anti-tank capabilities - something reflected in typical HE to AP combat loads.

Tom

Its a shame we can't field the is2 1944 mod even having the plastic model in the same sprue : (