Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeymajq  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:39:55 PM(UTC)
mikeymajq

After playing a few more games, me and my friend had a few questions pop up that we didn't really find an answer for (or we simply missed it in the rule book).

Let's say I'm firing from within a forest at a tank behind cover, does he get 2 dice or does cover not stack?
What happens when both tanks are in the same forest terrain piece?

Also is it legal to reroll a reroll? let's say your standing still and have an upgrade/crew that gives you a reroll too? What about cards that let you fire twice, do you get the reroll on both for standing still?

When is it ok to pre-measure? (firing arcs, movement, cover etc)

And is it just me or are the rules a bit fuzzy when it comes to what happens in what order in some situations? The worst offender probably being stuff in the command phase like repairing tanks/ blitzkrieg.

Sorry for all the questions (didn't want to post like 50 new threads!)
Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:26:38 PM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mikeymajq Go to Quoted Post
Let's say I'm firing from within a forest at a tank behind cover, does he get 2 dice or does cover not stack? What happens when both tanks are in the same forest terrain piece?

Page 12: Cover is based on the defender, not the attacker. If the target tank is in cover, it gets the bonus Defence die.

Also is it legal to reroll a reroll? let's say your standing still and have an upgrade/crew that gives you a reroll too? What about cards that let you fire twice, do you get the reroll on both for standing still?

Page 10 - Shooting While Stationary: If you re-roll, you must use the result of the new roll. This prevents being able to get a second re-roll.

I'm not certain about this (still waiting on my starter sets), but I don't think there are any Crew or Upgrade cards that grant more than one attack. I think you may be getting confused with bonuses to the Attack stat (which give you a higher Attack value for an attack).

Nothing in the rulebook prevents this.

And is it just me or are the rules a bit fuzzy when it comes to what happens in what order in some situations? The worst offender probably being stuff in the command phase like repairing tanks/ blitzkrieg.

The Command Phase is sequential, going step-by-step. In the off instances where you need to know who goes first in a particular Command Phase step, you can (personal opinion) alternate in Movement Initiative order, since as yet only Blitzkrieg (a movement-based rule) would apply.
thanks 1 user thanked Carlson793 for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 6/21/2016(UTC)
mikeymajq  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:09:07 AM(UTC)
mikeymajq

So cover never stacks? because if the firing tank is inside a Wood terrain piece give cover to the target as well. So if the target is also behind a house, does it still only give it 1 more defence die?

Some German officers gets to shoot twice. Barkmann, and one other guy gets to shoot at a different target with 3 attack within "range 1" of the first target for example.

Does the rulebook mention premeasuring at all? Because I can't find it :P

Yeah that's what we did, lowest initiative goes first with repairs/blitz.
Poi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:22:38 AM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Just one dice from cover, even if shooting out of and into cover.

No mention of pre-measuring.

GF9 have said Command phase is players choice for order of repair and blitzkrieg (which is very silly imho). Initiative makes sense.

GF9 appear to be happy to leave the rules fast and loose, at least until the OP stuff is released. They will need tightening up then, or house ruling by the community.
thanks 1 user thanked Poi for this useful post.
mikeymajq on 6/22/2016(UTC)
Carlson793  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:55:44 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Some German officers gets to shoot twice. Barkmann, and one other guy gets to shoot at a different target with 3 attack within "range 1" of the first target for example.

Thanks - missed those two while going over my stats spreadsheet. In those cases, each attack is treated as unique, and so each attack uses all appropriate modifiers, including the Shooting While Stationary re-roll. Again, though, each separate attack is limited to one re-roll.

For example, a tank with Bobby Woll as gunner doesn't move in the Movement Phase. In the Shooting Phase, that tank fires and only gets one Hit. The tanks player decides to re-roll and again only gets one Hit. That can't can't re-roll that attack a second time, no matter what other cards are in play*. Assuming the opposing player fails to cancel that Hit, the Woll tank has fulfilled the requirements of Bobby Woll's special rule, and so can make another attack against a different tank within one Measuring Arrow of the original target. Player rolls three Attack dice, and scores no Hits/Critical Hits, but since the Woll tank is still stationary, can re-roll the second attack.

Does the rulebook mention premeasuring at all? Because I can't find it :P

You won't find it: there is no rule concerning premeasuring in the rule book.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:03:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sean at TANKS HQ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:06:12 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
I think everything has been answered satisfactorily.

Originally Posted by: Poi Go to Quoted Post
GF9 appear to be happy to leave the rules fast and loose, at least until the OP stuff is released. They will need tightening up then, or house ruling by the community.

This is indeed the case. If/when we roll out official competitive play there will be an FAQ and clarifications document. Until then, good sportsmanship is encouraged. :)
thanks 1 user thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
BadDogEDN on 6/22/2016(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:35:14 AM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
After playing a few more games, me and my friend had a few questions pop up that we didn't really find an answer for (or we simply missed it in the rule book).

Let's say I'm firing from within a forest at a tank behind cover, does he get 2 dice or does cover not stack?
What happens when both tanks are in the same forest terrain piece?

Sorry for all the questions (didn't want to post like 50 new threads!)

Sean is right we will be rolling out a FaQ when we come out with our OP/Tournament rules. Here is some official answers to get you by until the official FAQ is released.

1. Cover does not stack, it's a state that you are either in or out.

2. No, once you re-roll a die the second result must be used. This was not covered in the core rules but will be addressed further in the FAQ once it is completed.

3. you can pre-measure.

4. Repairing is done in any order the players want. German tanks that elect to give up repairing to make a Blitzkrieg move must execute these movements in initiative order using their movement initiative stat.

-Andrew

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:36:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Andrew at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
mikeymajq on 6/22/2016(UTC), WolfBenrath on 6/22/2016(UTC), MaOle on 2/28/2018(UTC)
mikeymajq  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:10:27 PM(UTC)
mikeymajq

I love that you guys are answering questions in the forum, keep up the good work :D
Lilginger  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:31:32 AM(UTC)
Lilginger

Can you shoot at a tank ( in line of sight) at any range or is there a limit on how far you can shoot
Carlson793  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:46:18 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Due to the small scale of the board, all tanks have unlimited range. The only times range is considered is an attack within one measuring arrow of the target (which removes one Defense die from the target), and certain Special Rules (like the Soviet national rule, Coordinated Fire).

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:47:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Carlson793 for this useful post.
Lilginger on 6/28/2016(UTC)
Uthak  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:02:09 AM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrew at Tanks HQ Go to Quoted Post
Sean is right we will be rolling out a FaQ when we come out with our OP/Tournament rules. Here is some official answers to get you by until the official FAQ is released.

1. Cover does not stack, it's a state that you are either in or out.

2. No, once you re-roll a die the second result must be used. This was not covered in the core rules but will be addressed further in the FAQ once it is completed.

3. you can pre-measure.

4. Repairing is done in any order the players want. German tanks that elect to give up repairing to make a Blitzkrieg move must execute these movements in initiative order using their movement initiative stat.

-Andrew

4. How?
A SU152 (in2) is damaged, a barkmann-panther (in6) is as well . Who has to repair fist & when would barkman get to move?

(if you say "whomever" you don't understand where this can lead to problem and I ask you to keep reading so I can fix this in my fan faq)

_____ not clear what I'm asking?

in "4." you say that anyone may repair in any order, yet German tanks doing Blitzkrieg moves in initiative order.

The rules for "Blitzkrieg" suggest that blitzkrieg moves are a simultaneous alternative to repairs. This leads to a problem:

repairs happen
in any order the players want
, but German tanks have to act in initiative order? How do they chose when to repair or use their blitzkrieg move? can they wait until all enemies have repaired and then "decide" to start their repairs but forfeit them all to make blitzkrieg moves? Do germans have to chose weather to repair or not in initiative order, but no one else needs to??

Scenario A:
A SU152 (in2) has busted tracks (cant move), in its flank and out of LOS a tiger is parked (i5) who incidentally has also busted tracks but is also on fire...
the Russian only has one effect to repair, the german has two that are in varying priority: IF the Russian were to repair his tracks and become able to swing around, the tiger would need his tracks back (to move back out of LOS). if the Russian fails his repair, the german may want to ignore the tracks (as the SU152 cant draw LOS, even w/o moving) and repair the engine fire... Now according to your response the Russian player in his deadbeat-slow tank, well aware of this strategical dilemma, may claim that he wants to attempt to repair AFTER the german (as your quote technically allows him to do) to give the German, though higher initiative, no room to make his decision based on what happens to the Russian first... I know this game is all fun and giggles, it really is, but what prevents two players to come to a stalemate here? "you repair first - no you!"

(and please :D save me this all-time super stupid response - yadayadayada - "the Russian is being a no-fun-no-beer-and-pretzels-dance-your-name-flowers-in-your-hair-losing-is-just-like-winning-participation-medals-andstuff-person here and I "shouldn't be playing against him". as of right now it seems such behavior wouldn't only be allowed but encouraged, as he would just be making the decision not to repair first.)

Scenario B:
like A, but no damage on the Tiger. Does the Tiger at in5 have to make his blitzkrieg move before or after the Russian (in2)? "hey mate, your a fine bloke, you go last, let me do my stuff first and you get me back next turn"??

In the rules it says blitzkrieg moves happen at the same time as repairs, yet you separate them into moves at initiative and repairs whenever - I feel it should be initiative order for both, repairs and moves with attacker/defender-tie rules.

Edited by user Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:13:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bartok  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 5:52:25 AM(UTC)
bartok

3. you can pre-measure.

-Andrew

Can explain what means exactly pre-measure.?
Before one movement, before 2nd movement, imagine Fast with a 3rd movement, one by one,...... firing arcs of the enemy to my tank each movement? Rethinking after moving?
Using measure stick?, lazer?
Its a little abominable, about timing.