Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Graeme  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 12:14:08 PM(UTC)
Graeme

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
In the rules wrecks are clearly stated as being considered impassable terrain, but what about live tanks and should this be the case for both friendly and enemy tanks?

Edited by user Friday, June 17, 2016 12:30:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 2:29:25 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Interesting question. The rules as they are do not prevent a tank from moving through a living tank.

So yes you can, however, you must be able to place your tank on the table in a way that it completely clears the enamey tank.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrew at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
Graeme on 6/19/2016(UTC)
Poi  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 10:09:36 PM(UTC)
Poi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
The movement rules in this are very loose. Roll on 2nd edition :)
StealthWolf84  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 5:34:44 AM(UTC)
StealthWolf84

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'd say passable for friendly and impassable for enemies. Putting a heavy tank on a bridge is a perfect way To block An advance. .. but It Can move to make a friend pass by.
Carlson793  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:12:01 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I'd think that unless a tank remained stationary during its Movement Phase Initiative (which would cover both active and wrecked tanks) then you can pass through them.
Tattoosavage  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:06:01 AM(UTC)
Tattoosavage

Originally Posted by: StealthWolf84 Go to Quoted Post
I'd say passable for friendly and impassable for enemies. Putting a heavy tank on a bridge is a perfect way To block An advance. .. but It Can move to make a friend pass by.

This makes sense.
Ivan  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 9:56:12 PM(UTC)
Ivan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
well, I think that reading the rules, we have to consider normal terrain if we can put the tank touching the arrow
PilGrim  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 11:42:35 AM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If you think about it you have to allow tanks to pass through enemies and friends. If you don't some smart arse will simply block you in with tanks so you cannot move

hithero  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 5:52:26 PM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PilGrim Go to Quoted Post
If you think about it you have to allow tanks to pass through enemies and friends. If you don't some smart arse will simply block you in with tanks so you cannot move

That's almost impossible to a ahieve in game due to you having to have all your tanks in one spot and anyway let alone having a good reason to do so, if somebody did block you in with several 40 ton tanks, yours isn't going to move.
PilGrim  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 8:56:26 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Depends on how pedantic you are - a tank between 2 buildings and one behind you ?

Speaking of pedantic read about moving and impassible terrain - "if your arrow touches....."
hithero  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 10:27:17 PM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Pedantic? Just stating a fact. And if you do decide to drive up an alley and an enemy parks in front of you, shouldn't that be impassible in real life and the game? Could a tank really jump over another that is blocking its path?
Ivan  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 11:33:03 PM(UTC)
Ivan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Rules don't say nothing about diference between friend and enemy tanks.

Only say destroyed tanks count as impassible. It means that operative tanks (friend or not, moving or not) are normal terrain
PilGrim  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 11:50:14 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Originally Posted by: hithero Go to Quoted Post
Pedantic? Just stating a fact. And if you do decide to drive up an alley and an enemy parks in front of you, shouldn't that be impassible in real life and the game? Could a tank really jump over another that is blocking its path?

I think you are missing my point. Real life has nothing to do with the game rules - quickly rid yourself of that illusion or you will get rather angry and frustrated. These rules are designed for tournament play and that means they will be played as written or until errata'd and that will mean a lot of frankly ridiculous situations.

Read the rules about impassible terrain. "If the Measuring Arrow crosses Impassable terrain, the tank must stop moving when it reaches the Impassable terrain"

If you take the literal wording if the arrow touches impassible terrain the tank stops moving. Note the arrow not the tank. And what is meant by? stops moving - can it move a second time or does it have to stop all movement for this turn?

One of the issues with tanks is the movement system where you can happily squeeze through a gap between terrain and a wreck even if the gap itself is not big enough to fit the tank through - Is that madness? depends on ground and figure scale, but if the arrow touches impassible terrain it stops - possibly.

We need GF9 to get off their collective backsides and address movement before OPS starts in earnest.

MATRAKA14  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 12:32:27 AM(UTC)
MATRAKA14

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
In my opinion, in the future allied and enemy tanks should be considered "impassable terrain" by the core rules.

What's the point of a tank game when tanks can jump each other. also if a cheeky player manages to block your tank, well that's viable, first of all its probably hard to pull off, second both players are taking risks, one by maneuvering in close spaces and the other by moving aggressively.

a heavy tank blocking a bridge and letting allies pass sounds really wrong to me. i mean c'mon quantic tanks? it just feels wrong. Core rules should be fixed to give a "tank" feel to the game. the excuse of making the game rules easy is not applicable here.
RJ  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 1:00:59 AM(UTC)
RJ

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
It is easy to block tanks in if you have a low initiative swarm... we were doing it before we realised live tanks are not impassable and in a scenario driven game it was a killer. Also as is I think it allows the belief the tanks are moving at roughly the same time instead of in order.

As to blocking a bridge - a tank can still kind of do it if the bridge is narrow enough to get the tank end on.

Again it boils down to OP/comp games need the rules as are, while friendly/campaign driven games can house rule bits like this... I personally see no problem.
B  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 2:07:17 AM(UTC)
B

When my brother complained about this I said it like the tanks are all moving around the battle field at the same time some are a little faster and some are quicker to react but unless your staying still your not really in that one splace on the battle field. You could have token for staying still that make you impassable in the the next round, that way you can block that bridge/road.