Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:27:11 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I just posted an Article talking about Americans in TANKS. As part of my article I posted one of my army lists, and I wanted to get your opinions!

In case you have not seen the article here is a link...

What do you think about this list? How would you build it better? What would you use to defeat my list?

I would love to hear your thoughts.
PilGrim  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 7:09:58 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
We were playing a game yesterday and the US player ran a similar list except he took Pool and a round of HVAP instead of the additional crew. The opposing Germans took 2 Panthers and a JP with a Racing Car driver.

The German made a deployment mistake that allowed the Yanks to concentrate on the JP which went down under a hail of 75\76 fire and a round of HVAP. Then the Panthers moved in and the game became a brawl in the woods that the Shermans won after losing one 75

Interesting game - German players first, US second so hard to criticise either. I suspect the German player was lulled into a false sense of security - as a regular X-Wing player he saw many similarities in game style but I think he didn't realise the implications of unlimited range which put his JP under fire on turn 1.

I think the mixed 75\76 list works very well as it presents a 2 sided threat - the basic M4s are a threat in close and the Gung Ho rule makes them viable brawlers

Which makes me shudder to think what a T34 Spam will do
Vincent3  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:15:43 PM(UTC)
Vincent3

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks for sharing the list. Such articles is a good idea - I hope for more soon. :)

I guess the list is nice, but I have to play against US yet.

The best counter I would think of would be simply taking faster tanks (Initiative 9 or even 8 if you loose the starting roll), because that would take the bloodthirsty advantage away from you. Some British and Panther lists could do it. But even then, the power and mobility of 4 gung-ho tanks looks scary.
nixon187  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:04:58 PM(UTC)
nixon187

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yesterday i played a game vs P4, Jagdpanther, Panther.

My list contained:
- Sherman 75mm with Radio Coordinator (give a freindly tank the same inititiative) and Medikit (ignore crew casualty)
- Sherman 75mm with Upgrade to reroll one attack dice per turn (cant remember the name)
- Super Pershing with Clarence H. Mason (+1 Armour and reroll failed repair rolls)

Game was 100 pts and lasted aprrox. 1,5 hours. Gamemode was Last Man Standing.

The Shermans didnt last long. The first Sherman was destroyed in 2 turns (taking 5 damage in 1 attack)
The second Sherman was sourrounded by the Panzer 4 and the Panther

The Super Pershing is a beast. Having a total of 4 Armour with the hero upgrade, the thing is a rolling mountain. :D It lasted 6 rounds against the whole enemy force.
I noticed that u cant flee against an german player. Blitzkrieg is such a nice rule to catch up. My enemy was shooting all the time on close range and mostly side shoots.
I think taking bloodthirsty gunner on american tanks is nonsense. All enemys got some kind of extra movement. Germans got Blitzkrieg, Russians got Fast on T34`s and Brits got also fast tanks.

So the enemy can always drive away when u are within close range. I think its more important too boost the initiative of the us tanks by upgrades.
thanks 1 user thanked nixon187 for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 6/17/2016(UTC)
Vincent3  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:44:01 PM(UTC)
Vincent3

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
@Nixon
Thanks for you list too.

So... I didnt know Pershing hero gives +1 armour... Thats really scary. I know the points for such tank are high, but if you would also take Ad-on Armour, its easy to have 6 defence dice WITH one reroll most of the time. If he will do this with one move + cover, he wont even give defence die to the opponent (thanks to gung ho). Yeah, good luck to my Panzer IVs....

One thing I disagree is opinion about bloodthirsty being pointless. I mean you can be right to some degree, because with unlimited ranges, "sniping" and speed bonuses seem to be safer option than any close quarter bonus. But if you use fast tank to keep running away, you dont shoot too well yourself and you dont grab objectives. Same with the blitzkrieg (plus its after the shooting, so need better prediction of movements).

I generaly think that more agressive missions should be played in this game (with objectives located in the no-mans land) and hope G9 will propose some new ideas soon. It would promote more agressive play and make "close quarter" equipment more valuable.

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:44:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nixon187  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 12:04:42 AM(UTC)
nixon187

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vincent3 Go to Quoted Post

I generaly think that more agressive missions should be played in this game (with objectives located in the no-mans land) and hope G9 will propose some new ideas soon. It would promote more agressive play and make "close quarter" equipment more valuable.

Yeah thats what i encouraged yesterday. Oldfashioned last man standing is mostly all about better dice rolls. ;) Not a lot of tactics needed. ;)

Sean at TANKS HQ  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 9:01:48 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nixon187 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah thats what i encouraged yesterday. Oldfashioned last man standing is mostly all about better dice rolls. ;) Not a lot of tactics needed. ;)

Last Tank Standing (called Panzer Ace in the rulebook :P) is great for getting to know your Tanks' capabilities and the rules in general. But the other missions force a bit more aggressive play.
King of the Hill is my personal favourite.