Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:43:16 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi all.

Am I the only one who is getting a little worried about this game? It seems to be taking a LONG time to get new releases and even then they are just latest FOW stuff.

In the months waiting for new tanks I gotta say my intrest is begining to fade for this game which is a real shame.

It just feels like tanks is an afterthought to FOW at this point, I hope I am wrong but unless the release schedule picks up and they bring in some unexpected new life I may go back to just Star Trek as my primary skirmish game.

Any thoughts?

Edited by user Monday, May 29, 2017 11:44:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
thanks 1 user thanked Kelvin for this useful post.
meta3 on 5/29/2017(UTC)
goofus19  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 4:09:53 PM(UTC)
goofus19

Yeah, our gaming group is dissolving at an alarming rate.... almost no word from the devs, nothing for months...
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 5:06:04 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kelvn Go to Quoted Post
Hi all.

Am I the only one who is getting a little worried about this game? It seems to be taking a LONG time to get new releases and even then they are just latest FOW stuff.

In the months waiting for new tanks I gotta say my intrest is begining to fade for this game which is a real shame.

It just feels like tanks is an afterthought to FOW at this point, I hope I am wrong but unless the release schedule picks up and they bring in some unexpected new life I may go back to just Star Trek as my primary skirmish game.

Any thoughts?

I have been keeping interest alive out here by running campaigns, creating scenarios, adding lots of new tanks using fan cards and adding special rules to flavor the scenarios. It is a good game and if GF9 won't support, the players still could.
thanks 1 user thanked Zerstorer for this useful post.
Tally - Ho on 6/26/2017(UTC)
meta3  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 7:47:31 PM(UTC)
meta3

This game has so much potential but they will ruin it...
CraigH  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:48:33 PM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
You're definitely not the only one. Things are quiet, a little too quiet... I don't even see GF9 chime in on the forums anymore.

CmdrRook  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:33:10 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
While I don't necessarily agree with the reasoning behind it, why would they continue to post? They've made their position perfectly clear; their game doesn't need clearer rules, responsive customer service, or reliable supply. It just needs players with lower standards.
LordOfKhemri  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:28:35 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Also concerning is the length of time between postings on a few of the forum sections.
19 days in one of them.

I used to spend all my spare time in here, reading points and checking on paint jobs etc.

Looks like members aren't coming in as often these days and contributing (in a sensible way) to discussions.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Kelvin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:45:44 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Yep you right.

I remember last year just as you said, several posts a day. Now Im posting that Im getting a little bored.

Really not a good sign. Like I said though, it CAN be turned around. I dont do the gaming group thing much anymore, mostly play with bro and son, but thats not why tanks is losing impact. Its not even cause we play flames of war, its that I want new stuff to use! When you find yourself investing in more terrain than minis to spice a game up thats a major red flag.

Example, for star trek attack wing I own a few battle mats, a couple of 3d planets and about 20 asteroids of varying size. Thats all we've ever needed other than ships in the three years we've been playing and we've had some epic games, with tanks i've added pillboxes, dragons teeth, craters, lakes etc but it feels very same old every game.

I'm currently working on a desert board and terrain for new FOW stuff that will transfer to tanks. Already thinking that it'll be mostly FOW though, even if the new desert tanks are released soon.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Kelvin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 12:05:41 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Forgot to add, adding WW1, Modern, Vietnam or whatever era tanks should be cool. Lets be straight here, as much as tanks is described as a WW2 tank game, the rules are extremley fast and loose.

I guarantee if people could do a squad of there favorite national tanks from all history, it would have an appeal.

Also, as for the argument of modern is way better than WW2, my response is WHO CARES?! This is a world of tanks like experience anyway. No ones stopping you collecting the force you want as long as the point total is fair.

STAW has different eras of stuff, and that works just fine.
Nigel Maddaford  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:46:47 PM(UTC)
Nigel Maddaford

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Traffic is indeed slow on here but I belong to a couple of Facebook groups dedicated to the game and they are a hive of activity.
Screamin' Eagle  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 3:03:45 AM(UTC)
Screamin' Eagle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: james101 Go to Quoted Post
But then you have to use Facebook. Which brings the fun of validating your account every week and eventually handing over your soul and first born just for the privilege of use

Amen to that! I wish folks would realize that FB is not a preferred route of communication for many.
d481184m  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:21:04 AM(UTC)
d481184m

Agreed, but if TS is dying here for lack of the manufacturer's positive support of their game, then over to Facebook & the use of third party vehicles & terrain. The game stands on its own, their loss for addon sales and it's no point complaining here when we can get stuff elsewhere.
Sohlon  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 1:02:54 AM(UTC)
Sohlon

It's dead here to be honest, I log on every so often to see if anything new is happening but meh. I understand it's supposed to be a FOW gateway but the small scope means I just don't have enough investment to make a transition worth while, it would be just like picking up a brand new game at which point FOW hardly sells itself as a game that has a simple jumping in point...
d481184m  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 2:45:30 AM(UTC)
d481184m

First time I've come across a manufacturer of anything with a "couldn't care less customer attitude". We have the rules, thanks FOW, so now we paddle our own canoe & invest in external sources. Their loss ! Personally I prefer the wide tank offerings from the UK's Forged In Battle, & there are now plenty of offerings of third party "cards" on the net ( thanks guys) so I can continue to enjoy the game.....with or without FOW support. I repeat, their loss. Rant over !!!
Kelvin  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 3:44:14 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

I understand people use facebook for this sort of stuff, but personally I HATE that damn site.

The creator of FB has a very special ring in hell saved for them, its a pure evil, profit and exploitation device that I genineluy think casues an illness in those who use it.

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than resort to using facebook to organise a wargame.
goofus19  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 3:35:08 PM(UTC)
goofus19

Hey, devs.
If you haven't given up on us, give a sign or something!!

This is like Firefly Online all over again...
Mjorr  
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 1:58:25 AM(UTC)
Mjorr

Yes getting concerned - new releases issued for pre order however I can not support local game store by ordering them as the distributor is not yet able to list for supply.... I am concerned about the game and the tanks as I don not want to take FOW track FAR TOO HEAVY a game.
LordOfKhemri  
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:07:41 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
From looking at the last 10 posts for two of the more "posty" people at Tanks HQ we can see that one of them last posted on 20 March 2017 and the other on 14 Feb 2017.

That is around 10 weeks ago and forum members are continuing to express their reservations about

1. customer service (yes Achilles cards in October 2016 I'm looking at you, still not got my corrected replacements. The fact that GF9 said they would sort it and most definitely haven't merely makes things worse than they already were)
2. commitment to the game through lack of interaction in the forum
3. late delivery, lack of product availability (or in my case, no stock of various paints for over 3 months resulting in cancelled order which included TANKOVY GREEN , a staple colour for Russians)
4. No stockists seem to have Desert War yet, pre-order MAy (its June now)
5. Home page on the forum hasn't changed in weeks (it's almost like "hey stuff is coming soon, bye")
6. Depot/Garage - meh! It's just a waste of my electricity to go onto those pages these days.

I'm sure others have more points to make.

One can only assume that things are so unbelievably hectic that they simply don't have time to address player's concerns, because the alternative view is that they don't care.

Simple question: Which one is it Tanks HQ?

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
d481184m  
#19 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 3:32:35 AM(UTC)
d481184m

My money is on "don't care". I'm going to continue to use the FB forum where one can find lots of stuff including "cards" for non released GF9 tanks. This enables using third party vehicles, particularly my favourite supplier Forged In Battle. Whilst you have to buy them in threes or fours, they still only work out at about GBP5 each & I've never yet found them out of stock. At the mo they also have deals on Africa stuff so way wait for GF9. Sorry GF9, but my allegiance is very much on the wane. Thanks for the rules though ! Your overall loss, as my mum used to say....."don't' care is made to care". Rant over.
Kelvin  
#20 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 4:26:09 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

As much as Im with you khemri, reading that in combo with the dredd picture was righteous man. You gotta start saying that "GF9 isnt the law, WE are the law".

You aren‘t wrong though bro.