Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gberubestx  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 3:49:27 AM(UTC)
gberubestx

Hello All,

I have been very interested in "Tanks Skirmish Game." I have not played a table top game since the 90's and love the quick play and affordability of the game. I also live in the Caribbean so no FLGS, and games will be played with friends mostly in the evenings over dinner on the weekends etc. So I feel this game might be perfect for me, and will be making a small investment.

After Reading all the forum post, I have found the problems of movement abuse and solutions very interesting. I would like to post my idea and receive feed back from the forum.

My House Movement rule:

1. Draw an imaginary line along the rear face of the tank (like Assault Guns when determining line of fire but the back)
2. When placing the movement arrow, if placed square along the front, either side, or the front two corners (at any angle) the tank may change its facing when placing the tanks along the movement arrow
3. When placing the movement arrow, if place square along the back for the tank, or along the rear two corners of the tank (at any angle) the tank may not change it facing when placing the tank along the movement arrow.
4. In order to gain a (2) movement token, at least one full arrow of movement must occur.

I have not played the game, but I have ordered the starter and a few expansions

Thanks,

Gberubestx

also, i get a thematic feeling when imagining this game being played or watching youtube, it feels like I am watching "Fury" or playing World of Tanks, and WarThunder on the tabletop. But NOW! I want to have a thematic feeling of Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers by added in a simple infantry skirmish rules, Ie. Have a Rifleman Squad Card (large size with Stats), Attach a BAR as Equipment card +1 dice , An inspiring NCO Crew Card giving +1 die to a roll, how about a Medic Crew Card to keep the squad alive, and a bazooka Equipment Card for attacking tanks at an arrows distance. Boom! a Small Squad that could have a thematic skirmish battle over some terrain against a tank or next enemy squad. Critical hits: "Man Down - ReCrew that Weapon Soldier" (may not use the bazooka, command phase a roll or a 4,5,6 recrews the weapon. etc etc.
[/i]
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:49:08 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
The house movement rules are similar to some we talked about in our group, but we just play by the rules now and have a good deal of fun. Sure, it is a little silly....but it is a nice and light game that gets those minis on the table!

Our group has good games using coop play....it is us in an ongoing campaign against an AI style enemy. We are telling a story, upgrading our tanks and crew and keeping our game sequence based on the historical campaigns.

Be careful mentioning infantry here!!! For some, it is heresy! Myself, I like adding new stuff such as infantry, guns, planes,obstacles and fortifications....but I add them as part of each scenario we play and not part of our base force.
Zeus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 8:06:52 PM(UTC)
Zeus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have houseruled that when placing the Arrow, it always has to be touching the front of the tank. It allows everything that the official rules allow, except that when you move in any direction that is to your rear, you cannot move as far as when you would just go directly forward, representing the slower movement when you first have to do a 180 turn, or are just backing up.

I played (and actually still sometimes play) a lot of Axis & Allies Miniatures, a WW2 skirmish game which combines vehicles, artillery, infantry and aircraft (and even cavalry), all in the 1/100 scale. However, I don't think you could make it work with any sense of realism in Tanks, as the tanks' stats are completely focused on vehicle combat. There is a big difference between a gun's effectiveness against armored or unarmored targets, so you cannot just use the current attack values for attacking infantry or artillery, and even less aircraft - you'd need to completely overhaul the rules and the cards to take into account from the start the different types of target.
james101  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:40:47 AM(UTC)
james101

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
the movement rules are being abused? hard to see how since its so darn simple
Sohlon  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:05:34 AM(UTC)
Sohlon

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: james101 Go to Quoted Post
the movement rules are being abused? hard to see how since its so darn simple

My thoughts exactly. It's not abuse it's just the rule. house rule them if you don't like them but it's not abuse!