Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dr Large  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:15:16 AM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
So this time it was a 150pt round fought between the british and erm the british.
MY forces
Comet: (The big whopper)
Woppy walters, bloodthirsty gunner, liquid courage, bulldog mascot and sabot, just short of 50pts

Firefly:
Alfie nichols, precise loader, precise commander, sabot and bulldog mascot

Achilles

Grant

Crusader
Calculating driver

Crusader
Calculating driver

Khemis forces 2 Shermans a Firefly 2 Cromwells and a Comet

Turns 1-3 were fairly standard a little bit of damage to each side Achilles died turn 2 and 1 of the crusaders on turn 3.

Turn 4 the Big whopper shot a Sherman V in the back for an 8 dice vs 2 defence dice resulting in 8 damage to that poor Sherman

Grant camped the side of the objective building since turn 3 and refused to be more then inconvenienced.

Last 3 turns where between
Sherman firefly(3hp) and Grant(1hp) for me and a pair of Cromwell one on 2hp
by this point the grant had taken 30 odd dice and survived them all not bad for a 14pt tank.
lucky shot from the firefly turned one Cromwell into an assault gun with 1 hp and grant still eat shells for supper.

Next round the assault gun Cromwell charged into the firefly and died doing no damage to it.

Last round of the game the last Cromwell moved so only the grant could shoot at it, he aimed well but grant is strong tank and cares little for cruiser tank flippantly. its return fire scored a lot of hits and the Cromwell failed all the defense rolls, leaving me with the Firefly on 3hp and the newly christened by Khemi "Bloody Grant" on 1hp

As I didn't make notes I fell like I am underselling this Grant but it really was the surprise hero of the match it may be getting improvised armour next time, heres hoping the Grant addon has a decent hero inside it.

I believe Khemi did offer to lend me some grants may have to take him up on that offer, they certainly do better then my Sherman Vs have

Good game all round tea and bisuits for all but big whoppers crew so many points and did so little
LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:45:31 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Oddly enough, after last night, I seem to have "mislaid" my Grants. :)

I think I would have needed Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum to upload a virus into the Grant to bring its shields down to kill it.

Grant saved EVERYTHING fired at it from a firefly and 2 Cromwells for two turns.
Compounded by the complete inability of the Cromwells to protect themselves in any way late in the game, whereas early on they were saving for fun.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no