Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LordOfKhemri  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:48:31 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Another clarification please chaps.
Cautious - "after shooting roll etc blah blah".

If my intended target is already dead and i can't shoot at anything else, can i still get the cautious move as i haven't actually been shooting?
We played it that i couldn't which seemed to match the card wording.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Necrogoat  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:42:55 AM(UTC)
Necrogoat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would say no. The wording says "after shooting". If you can't shoot, there is no after
CmdrRook  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 2:20:53 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Your intended target can't be "dead" if it's still the shooting phase, hence zombie tanks. It may be a throwaway shot, but I do believe firing is necessary to the use of the ability. Unless they mean after the user's shooting activation, which doesn't preclude actively attacking, and is another reason we absolutely need an FAQ and errata.
LordOfKhemri  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 7:26:08 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I know it can't be dead until command phase, it was more a figure of speech to show that what i was going to fire at was now not a suitable target.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Chargers  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 12:00:40 AM(UTC)
Chargers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
Your intended target can't be "dead" if it's still the shooting phase, hence zombie tanks. It may be a throwaway shot, but I do believe firing is necessary to the use of the ability.

Agreed.

And if your Cautious tank is shooting at a destroyed tank who hasn't Final Furied yet, there is a benefit to still shooting. Admittedly, if the target has already Final Fury'd, then it is more 'dead,' but it's still worth shooting so you can use Cautious.

1000cc of testosterone
Zerstorer  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 5:43:25 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chargers Go to Quoted Post
Your intended target can't be "dead" if it's still the shooting phase, hence zombie tanks. It may be a throwaway shot, but I do believe firing is necessary to the use of the ability.

Agreed.

And if your Cautious tank is shooting at a destroyed tank who hasn't Final Furied yet, there is a benefit to still shooting. Admittedly, if the target has already Final Fury'd, then it is more 'dead,' but it's still worth shooting so you can use Cautious.

I will wait to hear an official ruling. It sounds like some gamey cheese to me. It doesn't smell right.

Waster  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 11:49:29 PM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chargers Go to Quoted Post

Agreed.

I will wait to hear an official ruling. It sounds like some gamey cheese to me. It doesn't smell right.

Not sure what you mean Z, what part of that requires clarification? seems pretty cut and dry to me.