Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 11:52:01 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I issuse a theory challenge.

You have 50 points.

What is the deadliest single tank that can be made (1 tank plus upgrades) with this?

Stay faction pure too, no putting American gear on German tanks.

If this pans out, I will playtest builds in a "robot wars" style game and post my findings so we all know the power play when we see it.
KampfgruppeAdler  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:48:30 PM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Tiger I...with...Panzer Ace , Deadly Gunner , Cunning Driver , Precise Loader , Improvised Armor and Liquid Courage...........
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 3:18:36 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Theres our first contender. Just need a challenger!
Axeman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:51:50 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
This is only 48 points but how about:

Comet, Bulldog Mascot, Woppy Radley Walters, Dead-Eye Gunner, Precise Loader, Defensive Driver and Tool Kit.

Or maybe we should match heavy tanks with other heavies?
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:46:34 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

48 pts is acceptable.

As I said max 50 pts. If your tank of choice plus upgrades is less than 50 pts that is ok.
Kelvin  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 12:49:16 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Ok. We have 2 contenders.

I will get them on a board asap (plus my own super secret build) and see what we get going on.

Still open for other ideas too, so keep em coming.
Terror  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:18:22 PM(UTC)
Terror

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I dont have British but was playing around the builder with this...

Comet
Harris
Sharpshooter gunner
Defensive driver
Precise loader
extra ammo

....so if I'm right, an uncancelled crit gets a 3 card draw and choose the best.
Necrogoat  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:20:08 PM(UTC)
Necrogoat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I like this one

Tiger I (33pts)
Panzer Ace (5pts)
Defensive Driver (3pts)
Precise Loader (4pts)
• 'Bobby' Woll (5pts)
----------------------------- 50pts

2 rerolls in Attack (Panzer Ace & Precise Loader), 1 reroll in Defense (Defensive Driver) and most of the time 2 attacks against 2 targets.

Also very nice:

Tiger I (33pts)
Quick Thinking (1pts)
• Otto Carius (11pts)
• 'Bobby' Woll (5pts)
----------------------------- 50pts

Move and repair with Blitzkrieg, look for cover and stay stationary and attack with +1, complete reroll, 2 attacks onto 2 targets (if with first) and -1 defense on enemy
CmdrRook  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 2:31:12 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Jackson (19)
War Daddy (8)
John P. Irwin (7)
Jailbird (6)
Seek, Strike, Destroy (2)
Supercharger (2)
Sandbag Armor (3)
Extra Ammo (3)
Final total of 50 points

Warning, this fulfills the "deadliest" criteria as best I'm able, if not for the opposition, certainly for the tank's crew. Abuse the hell out of Cautious to break line of sight before the enemy rolls, and if you simply must risk taking a shot, time it well to give you a full defense pool using supercharger and cautious for 4, cover if you can.

The main event comes when you are shooting. Gung Ho should keep your opponent's defense low, even if you floor it. Shovel your raw damage into the machine and combo War Daddy and John Irwin to simply add another. Don't be shy with Extra Ammo, it'll blow up if you take a hit.

This second build is related, if you wanted to bump the point totals up. I present to you The Brick.

Super Pershing (46)
War Daddy (8)
John P. Irwin (7)
Jailbird (6)
Clarence H. Mason (6)
Best Job I Ever Had (1)
Hyper Velocity Shot (2)
Camouflage Netting (4)
Final total of 80 points.

Congratulations, you are a monolith of destruction. You are an immovable object with a base armor of five while stationary. If someone dares defile your sacred garb, your treads rumble to life and restore your Divine aura of protection while Gung Ho negates the enemy's benefit for this. Bestow your mandate of pain upon all those who defy you with the above machine of final damage +1. I would use the HV ammo while stationary for maximum impact. Clarence works tirelessly to keep your paint unscratched and apply rerolls to each of your two repair checks. This is not a fun build. This machine simply outlives that which it cannot out-kill. Apply supercharger and survival equipment as needed, I always recommend liquid courage, though I don't condone drinking and driving.
Waster  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 4:13:45 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post

This second build is related, if you wanted to bump the point totals up. I present to you The Brick.

Super Pershing (46)
War Daddy (8)
John P. Irwin (7)
Jailbird (6)
Clarence H. Mason (6)
Best Job I Ever Had (1)
Hyper Velocity Shot (2)
Camouflage Netting (4)

Congratulations, you are a monolith of destruction. You are an immovable object with a base armor of five while stationary. If someone dares defile your sacred garb, your treads rumble to life and restore your Divine aura of protection while Gung Ho negates the enemy's benefit for this. Bestow your mandate of pain upon all those who defy you with the above machine of final damage +1. I would use the HV ammo while stationary for maximum impact. Clarence works tirelessly to keep your paint unscratched and apply rerolls to each of your two repair checks. This is not a fun build. This machine simply outlives that which it cannot out-kill. Apply supercharger and survival equipment as needed, I always recommend liquid courage, though I don't condone drinking and driving.

I guess I just don't understand why this isn't the bulk of every tournament-ready American list right now. Base 3 armour, 8 hull points, and a scary base 6 attack simply make this the best tank in the game. I know it's 46 points and has a middling initiative, but you'd have to try like hell to make any other tank have numbers that good for less than that. Like Rook says, it's not a fun build, and it's not very mobile, but in most situations you just don't need to be. The addition of that crew (in my opinion ALSO the best in the game) and some booze makes the thing pretty unstoppable, no matter what you throw at it.
Jack  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:09:11 PM(UTC)
Jack

Originally Posted by: Waster Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post

Super Pershing (46)
War Daddy (8)
John P. Irwin (7)
Jailbird (6)
Clarence H. Mason (6)
Best Job I Ever Had (1)
Hyper Velocity Shot (2)
Camouflage Netting (4)

I guess I just don't understand why this isn't the bulk of every tournament-ready American list right now. Base 3 armour, 8 hull points, and a scary base 6 attack simply make this the best tank in the game. I know it's 46 points and has a middling initiative, but you'd have to try like hell to make any other tank have numbers that good for less than that. Like Rook says, it's not a fun build, and it's not very mobile, but in most situations you just don't need to be. The addition of that crew (in my opinion ALSO the best in the game) and some booze makes the thing pretty unstoppable, no matter what you throw at it.

I used this today and it was an absolute killer.Killed 5 Panthers in three games.
james101  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 3:19:38 AM(UTC)
james101

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
probably not the best but...I'm not very good at 1 tank builds
http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/?build=dY32K
JTSleep  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 5:38:54 PM(UTC)
JTSleep

Originally Posted by: Waster Go to Quoted Post

I guess I just don't understand why this isn't the bulk of every tournament-ready American list right now.

I personally would not use it. I rather have 3 modded jacksons as my brute force and one tank as bait. As said previously, I too abuse cautious. I usually add Improvised armor on jacksons, so they have 4 HP and without ammo upgrade, this grants me survival even if first damage is ammo explosion. One game I even managed to kick germans without taking single point of damage by jacksons.

Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
Kelvin  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 11:12:06 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Wow this thread has took off since I last looked.

Im noting an abscence of soviet tanks from these builds. I find that interesting yet unsuprising, there faction rule is moot when theyre alone and performance wise they are usually outshined.

That being said Stalin heavy tank (IS2 is it) is a beast, Im going to work on a list for that.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 11:31:16 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

I just learned that the Panther reskin of my Heavy Metal Poisoning list is exactly 50 points, so have fun with that. Assassin makes the Super Pershing super sad.

http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/?build=y29Xd

If you're unfamiliar, the goal is to score exactly two hits on the first attack, feed them to the Assassin to kill a crew, reclaim the ammo card with clever loader, and then take a second shot with Ernst.

Edited by user Friday, May 12, 2017 11:33:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I simply struggle with English as a first language, apparently.

james101  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:20:50 PM(UTC)
james101

Originally Posted by: Kelvn Go to Quoted Post
Wow this thread has took off since I last looked.

Im noting an abscence of soviet tanks from these builds. I find that interesting yet unsuprising, there faction rule is moot when theyre alone and performance wise they are usually outshined.

That being said Stalin heavy tank (IS2 is it) is a beast, Im going to work on a list for that.

since they are being ignored I'll change mine. I think one issue is the soviets work well as teams since allot of characters have giving or taking bonuses and co-ordinated fire needs a second tank.
so singular just seems...wrong
but that's what I would take
http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/?build=y5oE0

CmdrRook  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:35:15 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Originally Posted by: james101 Go to Quoted Post

since they are being ignored I'll change mine. I think one issue is the soviets work well as teams since allot of characters have giving or taking bonuses and co-ordinated fire needs a second tank.
so singular just seems...wrong
but that's what I would take
http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/?build=y5oE0

I feel that Maria isn't very helpful inside a tank that has a base 2 defense, and maybe that bigger and heavier isn't the Soviet path to badness. For your consideration: Codename: KAbr0

Utilizing the Soviet's No Retreat doctrine seems a no brainier, as does a fast tank with "Silly" Vasily Krysov. The commander brings shooting initiative to ten, which the heavier tanks can't do, and gives you some added functionality when committing to the kill. Get in close and let em have it.
james101  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:45:10 PM(UTC)
james101

I must aof mis read her as just giving +2 when you move. so I added that up as 2 armour. 1-2 for moving and 2 more for her haha. shame that would've been quite fun
yyctanksbrigade  
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:25:02 PM(UTC)
yyctanksbrigade

I must aof mis read her as just giving +2 when you move. so I added that up as 2 armour. 1-2 for moving and 2 more for her haha. shame that would've been quite fun

You're kinda right in your math. It's just that Mariya changes the base stat of the tank to two, she doesn't provide a modifier.

So you end up with whatever dice for your movement, plus x for your opponent, plus base two regardless of whatever was printed on the tank.
james101  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:48:13 AM(UTC)
james101

Originally Posted by: yyctanksbrigade Go to Quoted Post

You're kinda right in your math. It's just that Mariya changes the base stat of the tank to two, she doesn't provide a modifier.

So you end up with whatever dice for your movement, plus x for your opponent, plus base two regardless of whatever was printed on the tank.

ahh ok. so yeah still pretty useless for a tank with 2 anyway.
now we just need an armour 0 armoured car for shiz and giggles :p