Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Waster  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 4:41:00 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Introduction

Because the website does not have a dedicated Downloads section, it can be hard to find (or even know about) all of the downloadable resources that the Tanks team has generously provided. After hunting after all of these resources every time I needed them or lost one, I decided I would archive them in one place for those who needed them, but didn't want to click through the many posts on the site to find them.

I'll try to update this list when new things become available. If you have suggestions (or corrections) feel free to let me know!

-Waster

The Basics

Starting Rulebook
The rulebook included with the starter set, this free 23 page booklet has everything you need to know to start playing Tanks. It includes some background on the armies, tanks, and characters included in the game as well as the basic rules, several mission types, and assembly instructions for the tanks in the starter set. There is a handy quick-reference on the last page/back cover.
Read the Post - Download Rules

Boot Camp Missions
These mission rules are designed to teach the basics of Tanks. They can be played with any army, but have limitations on the forces players can take to keep things from getting too complicated. Once the players have a good grasp on the rules, they can try out the included four player mission!
Read the Post - Download Missions

Organized Play Kits

Season 1

Normandy Invasion

Storm the beaches of Normandy in the first season OPS

Month 1 - Hit the Beach
Introduces the first Fortifications in the game: bunkers, trench lines, and tank traps. Includes a new mission type that utilizes them to the fullest.
Read the Post - Download Mission Rules
Download Terrain (Standard 8.5" x 11" Letter Format)
Download Terrain (A4 format)

Month 2 - Counter Attack
Adds a staple of historic WWII tank battles to the terrain available: bocage! The new mission type this month introduces the flanking mechanic that lets the attacker hold tanks in reserve.
Download Terrain

Month 3 - Encounter
Brings the violent hazard of minefields to the battlefield. The mission is one of the first in the game to feature more than two platoons and a larger board, allowing for massive battles!
Download Terrain

Edited by user Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:11:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added link to misprint guide

thanks 5 users thanked Waster for this useful post.
Ed on 12/9/2016(UTC), LS650 on 12/10/2016(UTC), JagdWehrwolf on 12/12/2016(UTC), MrFlibble on 12/22/2016(UTC), CmdrRook on 12/23/2016(UTC)
Waster  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:09:15 AM(UTC)
Waster

Organized Play Kits (cont.)

Season 2

The Bear Awakens (Operation Bagration)

The Russian army fights back against the Nazi incursion in the second season OPS

Month 1 - Clear the Mines
Introduces Mine Rollers, special equipment that can be added to a tank to eliminate mine fields, as well as a mission requiring just that from the attacking force.

Month 2 - Fortress Vitebsk
Fields are the new terrain this month, adding more cover to the battlefield. The defender must escape from a pincer attack in the new mission.

Month 3 - Battle for Minsk
Fight a massive six player game in this month's OPS, with new larger buildings that bring the close quarters thrill of city fighting to Tanks.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:00:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Waster  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:01:54 AM(UTC)
Waster

Organized Play Kits (cont.)

Season 3

Desert Fox

The British battle the mighty German commander Erwin Rommel

Month 1 - Last Stand at El Agheila
Fight amidst sparse desert scrub to defeat (or claim victory for) Rommel!
Download Terrain

Month 2 - The Withdrawal at Benghazi
Stop the Germans from preventing your escape as the British with the aid of the new Low Walls
Download Terrain

Month 3 - Coming Soon!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:19:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Month 2