Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chargers  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2018 11:14:46 PM(UTC)
Chargers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yea! The Italians have been released. Is everyone else excited about having new tanks in their hands like I am?
1000cc of testosterone
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:14:39 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I was, until I bought them and realized that they marketed the same sprue twice for the same army. The semovente and m14/41 would have been sold as one expansion with both cards if they were released a year or two ago, but clearly something has changed. It would have also been difficult to release all of the upgrade and crew cards they planned in a single set, so I understand the decision, somewhat.

My problem is this: I magnetize, and buying one of each will allow me to field any combination of the two tanks, but I only have the cards for one each. Honestly, the model packs should just be models sold for ten dollars, with the tank cards (every variant you can build) included. Upgrade cards should be sold separately in packs for ten dollars each. Customers are prepared for this price point, it's clear, but the business model does not supply..
OCD Paul  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:25:05 PM(UTC)
OCD Paul

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I wonder in this case if they didn't include both variants' cards because then the "Italian Release" would just be one tank, vs at least having two new UPCs to roll out. I still need to order some, but got the platoon from FoW already waiting to be built. So mark me as another customer that would love to buy card packs for tanks and upgrades. They could even limit it to just current models sold by Battlefront. Either through the TANKS line or FoW the parent company would be getting my money for both the plastic and cards. I've gotten some other brands which are 'okay' but I'd rather use these ones, the scaling and detail are superb.

Going back to OP, YES! Those little Italians still make me smile! Any plans yet for them, either swarm tactics or paired up with some German allies?
Trying to keep the discussion alive Here