Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LordOfKhemri  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:13:00 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
From Rook.
"All I need to win is a Super Pershing with Clarence Mason, Camo Netting, and a steady supply of alcohol, thank you very much!

But as you may know, and others will agree, making tanks can be fun, whether for alternate universe shenanigans as Waster, the crew, and I are doing, or just so you can dust off your third-party KV-2 every once in a while for a fun game between friends. Ain't gotta' justify that to nobody."

I'd go for an IS-85, Vasily Krysov, Precise Loader and No Retreat.

I totally agree with making up your own stats and cards. I have BT-5s, KV-1s, KV-2s, King Tigers, SturmTigers, Jagdtigers, Elefant and a Maus. It's fun and interesting to try to make up sensible cards and then try them out.

Maybe in the fullness of time official cards may come out and then we can see how close we are to what GF9 deem are the correct values.

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Uthak  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:14:15 PM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
yeah, no discouragement intended -at all!!! I think what some folks here have come up with is awesome! Just meant to point out that getting it "just right" might be simply impossible and just use some of the people really well thought through decoding's here, build your tank, test it, tweak it, and maybe then post it here so others can use it until gf9 airs the real deal.

Just this instead of grinding away at the perfect code to create perfect tanks but not play them unless perfect.

Also this might not only make the existing game more fun (more tanks = more variability/options = more fun), but also give the creators a hint that people might be more interested in a King tiger than an Su-51 artillery piece for the next expansion... *hinthint
Raider4  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:00:13 PM(UTC)
Raider4

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
I totally agree with making up your own stats and cards. I have BT-5s, KV-1s, KV-2s, King Tigers, SturmTigers, Jagdtigers, Elefant and a Maus. It's fun and interesting to try to make up sensible cards and then try them out.

Cool, me too. Here's one of mine, very simple & workmanlike, but does the job:

Elefant

(Hmm, tried to embed the image, but doesn't seem to work, so there's a link above instead that should . . .).

Cheers.
OldGuy59  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:57:11 AM(UTC)
OldGuy59

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bryn Fowd Go to Quoted Post

Heres a list I've sourced from this forum of new tanks people have proposed. Good to see the brain trust giving these some thought. I'm particularly interested in new stats as I can play Tanks with models from my 1/72 collection. Heres the data I've collected from these pages compiled for your reading pleasure :

M3 Stuart 6 2 0 4 Fast, 4 pts
Lee/Grant 4 4/2 1 4 Assault Gun, 16 pts
Matilda II 4 3 1 5 Semi indirect fire, Heavy, Slow, 13 pts
Archer 4 6 0 3 Cautious, Semi indirect fire, Slow, 13 pts
Elephant 2 6 3 7 Assault Gun, 38 pts
Churchill 4 4 3 7 Slow, 27 pts
although for me personally, I'd rate the Churchill assuming its the Mk VII with 75mm gun as:
4 4 3 7 Slow, Heavy, 35 points

so I'll be testing some of these against established tanks from the game and see how they play.

happy tracks

BF

New card for the Matilda II: Fan created Matilda card.

What is the 'Slow' description? I made something up, and no idea what was intended.

Mike :)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:09:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JTSleep  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:26:09 PM(UTC)
JTSleep

Originally Posted by: OldGuy59 Go to Quoted Post

What is the 'Slow' description? I made something up, and no idea what was intended.

Hi Mike,

do you have some kind of template, or did you made card as only one of kind?

I made template long ago and been updating it ever since.

https://boardgamegeek.co...42968/tank-card-template
Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
Soviet Onion  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:16:27 PM(UTC)
Soviet Onion

Hi guys!

I find this topic very interesting as there are two tanks that really bother me for their cost.
Its the (original) Panzer IV and the StuG G.

Compared to the Panzer IV the StuG G has
2 points less in Initiative (quite annoying)
one less crew slot (not important)
is an assault gun (that brings quite some disadvantage)
while all the other stats are basically the same...
Nonetheless the StuG G costs ONLY 2 points less!

How can that be?
My only explanation is that one point in initiative (and also in crew) costs much less than one point..
Any ideas?
Kelvin  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:46:59 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Point values are an odd thing in most games. You'd think they were based on stats etc but its often more to do with pure battlefield prescence.

Even though all you said about the stug is indeed true, it can still park up and take potshots and is a reasnobly tough vehicle.

The one that annoys me in games is when profiles end up being untrue to source matiriel, ie in STAW Voyager superior to Enterprise D or in LOTR SBG Gothmog being way harder than Lurtz.

I used to question why the US 75mm Sherman was better (and more points) than the Brittish Sherman 5 as in my mind they are basically the same tank. Then someone pointed out that the Sherman is a US design, so crews would be more used to it and using them in squadrons.

Another issue is how somtimes a model gets a profile and point value, then later we discover that its actually way too cheap for what it can actually do.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Raider4  
#68 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:57:16 AM(UTC)
Raider4

Originally Posted by: Soviet Onion Go to Quoted Post

Nonetheless the StuG G costs ONLY 2 points less!

For what it's worth, I reckon the StuG G is over-costed by 2 points. It should be only 13.

Raider4  
#69 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:01:03 AM(UTC)
Raider4

Originally Posted by: Kelvin Go to Quoted Post
I used to question why the US 75mm Sherman was better (and more points) than the Brittish Sherman 5 as in my mind they are basically the same tank. Then someone pointed out that the Sherman is a US design, so crews would be more used to it and using them in squadrons.

Aye, the US Sherman 75 has better initiative (crew training), but I also reckon the GB Sherman V is a 'dry' ammo stowage version, and the US tank is 'wet'. That accounts for the difference in damage. At least to me.

Cheers.

Kelvin  
#70 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:29:06 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Yep that makes sense too.

Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
OldGuy59  
#71 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 7:09:39 PM(UTC)
OldGuy59

Originally Posted by: JTSleep Go to Quoted Post

Hi Mike,

do you have some kind of template, or did you made card as only one of kind?

I made template long ago and been updating it ever since.

https://boardgamegeek.co...42968/tank-card-template

[size=6]I made up a Photoshop file as a template. I can't open rar files for some reason (OldGuy?).

PS: Typed too soon. Now have your file opened and borrowing graphics from the Gimp file. Took a bit to figure out, but thanks for the screenshots! Your resolution is a bit lower than I'd like. I use 300dpi and export to .png. May not really provide much difference in printing, but looks better on the screen?

Second card: Fan created Panzer IV/70 Card - Updated

PPS: Third card: Fan created early production Jdpz IV card - Updated

Edited by user Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:14:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Cards updated, changed links to match.

thanks 1 user thanked OldGuy59 for this useful post.
JTSleep on 8/28/2017(UTC)
OldGuy59  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:48:20 PM(UTC)
OldGuy59

Anything for a Hetzer?

PS: Updated the two Jadgpanzer cards above, new links.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:15:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zerstorer  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:18:14 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Anything for a Hetzer?

PS: Updated the two Jadgpanzer cards above, new links.

I made a card for that. I had the stats at 3-4-1-4. That would make it 1 point less than a Stug IIIg (14 pts). However, the Stug is often seen as over priced. Compared to our L70, the Hetzer should cost only 12 points. No matter what points we choose, without ambush or some other buff, we are not doing the Hetzer historical justice. We could give it higher initiative to compensate, but the Hetzer had a horrible design for its crew, virtually blind on the left side, bad crew ergonomics too....so giving it higher initiative seems wrong. 12 points cost helps, but being able to deploy 8 of these seems problematic for game balance.

For now, I would go with 3-4-1-4, 13 pts. That way, you can't field 8 of them in a standard game, yet there is a reason to take them over the Stug (you could field 7 of them with 9 pts of upgrades....versus 6 Stug's with 10 pts of upgrades).

Commander Klank  
#74 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:55:54 AM(UTC)
Commander Klank

Originally Posted by: JagdWehrwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PilGrim Go to Quoted Post
Ok using the above a Ferdinand \ Elefant rated 2-6-3-7 Heavy and Assault Gun would be 46 points. That does feel about right

Why would You give Ferdinand a Heavy? It had only 85mm on the sides.

I fail to see why not, the Tiger 1 had 80mm of armor on it's side and rear; and it gets the heavy rule.

Tiger 1 armor thickness

JagdWehrwolf  
#75 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 7:45:34 PM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Commander Klank Go to Quoted Post
Ok using the above a Ferdinand \ Elefant rated 2-6-3-7 Heavy and Assault Gun would be 46 points. That does feel about right

I fail to see why not, the Tiger 1 had 80mm of armor on it's side and rear; and it gets the heavy rule.

Tiger 1 armor thickness

'Heavy Tank - Do not substract any defence dice when this tank is a target of a Side Shot'
Ergo, tanks side armour is not significantly thinner than it's front. Ferdinand/Elefant had up to 200mm on the front and that' why it gets 3 DEF, but still suffers from Side Shot (not heaving Heavy Tank), which brings it's DEF to 2. Which is equal to Tiger's side armour of 2 (with Heavy Tank). Do You understand now?
Commander Klank  
#76 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 11:33:50 AM(UTC)
Commander Klank

Originally Posted by: Commander Klank Go to Quoted Post

Tiger 1 armor thickness

'Heavy Tank - Do not substract any defence dice when this tank is a target of a Side Shot'
Ergo, tanks side armour is not significantly thinner than it's front. Ferdinand/Elefant had up to 200mm on the front and that' why it gets 3 DEF, but still suffers from Side Shot (not heaving Heavy Tank), which brings it's DEF to 2. Which is equal to Tiger's side armour of 2 (with Heavy Tank). Do You understand now?

LOL sorry I totally brain farted on that one... you are correct. I'm using the same concept for my VK 100.01 and E-100 tanks... Defense 4, no heavy It's front armor was equal to the MAUS but the sides went down to a measly 160mm.

Maus and VK 100

E-100 with Kurpp turret
CmdrRook  
#77 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 11:51:11 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
If there was ever any doubt as to the intention of Heavy Tank, the Valentines put it to rest. Def 1 + Heavy Tank.