Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seb  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:45:52 AM(UTC)
Seb

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have just purchased the starter set and a few expansions,
2 pumas, 2 honeys, 3 PanzerIV, Crusader, Tiger, Achillies, Firefly, 2 m10s, 2 stuarts and a few Soviet.
Im hooked on it.
* Im very interested in the Campaign missions that were released but I want to know if it is possible to get the first 2 Normandy ones as a print and play like the new desert one ?.
* When will the next desert mission be released ?
* what other tanks/nations will be released and when ? would love to see Chinese ones
* will there be another release of 2d terrain packs?
* my starter set had alot of Upgrade cards but nothing for Soviet. Is this Normal or am i missing something ?

Thats all for know but im loving thhis game.. please continue to produce and update it
thanks
Seb
Chargers  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:07:02 AM(UTC)
Chargers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome to this great game.

Wow! When you said you picked up a "few" expansions, I guess you meant many. :>) That's awesome that you've got that kind of variety so quickly.

To answer some of your questions:
* first two Normandy missions as print and play
You can find Hit The Beach and Counterattack here:
http://tanks.gf9games.co...tegoryid/28/Default.aspx

* what other tanks/nations will be released
Per GF9's Christmas video, Italians are coming in 2018

* my starter set had a lot of Upgrade cards but nothing for Soviet. Is this Normal or am i missing something ?
That is normal. It was a German vs US starter, after all. :>) Soviet and British upgrades came in expansion packs.

Others may be able to help with the other questions.

Cheers.

1000cc of testosterone
Dr Large  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:00:49 AM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
As of this article:
http://tanks.gf9games.co...entryid/202/Default.aspx
Next tanks are Valentine guessing with 6pdr so MK9? and Churchill which has stats in the article itself, It also mentions a second Churchill blister with late war Churchill (guessing MK7) and AVRE.

A pure guess but I think these are going to be the Italian tanks
https://www.flamesofwar....id=79&ProductID=7634
They said 2 Italian tanks and FOW has revealed 3 so this sprue would allow 2 tanks from one sprue.

CraigH  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:59:53 AM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Welcome ! You have an interesting definition of "few"... :-)

As far as terrain goes, now I don't know where you are located but you should be able to find it either online or even in a local store.

Now, hopefully this won't cause a flood of emails to GF9 but when I saw the Normandy set went from pre-order to "gone", I emailed them and they were able to get me a Normandy set so that may still be an option.

Just so you know, the Normandy (first) one is six unique sheets while the desert one is 2 x 3 sheets. Check the OP kit postings for details.

Edit - just saw you said "another" release of 2D terrain - if you meant new stuff...well, we're still waiting on US OP kits but the El Alamein starter set does include some different desert sheets and the tanks are from the same molds as Tanks - just different colour I think.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 3, 2018 11:23:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Edit: re-read OP

Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:05:38 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi there

To weigh in,

Firstly, you are free to use 3d terrain if you please, all that matters is a clear definition of what the terrain is and its boundries. I myself use 3d terrain for all my games and I love it. You could design and print your own custom 2d terrain if you were wanting some new pieces. Each is own.

Second, as far as releases go, I cant add anything not already said other than that presently the UK, US and Germany are the three factions with the most going on. Soviets can make nice armies, but are lacking in terms of choice presently. If your gunning for Chineese tanks I expect your in for a wait but anythings possible.

Lastly, the missions. I havent played ANY of them. I just come up with my own objectives or borrow ideas from suitable sources. If you want to go the OP kit route im sure ebay has them sometimes but I've so far found them unnessesary. Again, each is own.

Good luck whatever you decide and remember theres always this forum if you need advice or inspiration.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Seb  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:58:50 AM(UTC)
Seb

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for the advice and info guys, much appreciated.
I prefer 2D terrain as i have limited space for storage but I managed to buy a second hand set and they seemed to have all the OP ones i wanted.
I enjoy this game so much, hope it has a long and successful life. I was worried as my local toy shop were I bought mine from was selling it off dirt cheap and they didn't have any idea about it or what it was. They simply put the box set on a counter and it was sat there for a few months before it got my attention with a piece of tinsel draped over it.
Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 2:25:03 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
This game is a blast and really allows a WW2 gamer to make the most out of limited time and space for the hobby.