Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 10:56:55 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
So I played the starter game combatants (2 Sherman 75's vs Panther with Ernst Barkmann) with my kids today.

I took the panther, my son took the Bam Bam Sherman and Daughter took the Sally Sherman.

Basically, the dice gods totally abandoned me the entire game, after 2 uneventful turns they had managed to get a Sherman on each flank.

I tried everything, hiding in forests, maximum speed for evasion, even blitzkrieging behind solid cover. Nothing worked.

My daughter was like a little valkrye, always in close range, no thought for possible consequences (shes 5 by the way so bitter pill there) and my son (whos 8) set up so many side shots it was annoying.

Anyway, by turn 6, they had me down to 2 hits left with only 3 hits on my daughters Sherman. My son fires from long range and despite getting a 5 dice defence roll, I fluff and take a lucky hit critical. Panther goes boom.

Bragging rights and netflix privilages go to the primary school armoured division tonight I guess, the humiliation! In all truth was great fun and will likely play some bigger games as they, wait me, gains some experience!

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 11:27:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
thanks 5 users thanked Kelvin for this useful post.
CmdrRook on 12/2/2017(UTC), JagdWehrwolf on 12/4/2017(UTC), Ozariig on 12/6/2017(UTC), LS650 on 12/7/2017(UTC), Axeman on 12/7/2017(UTC)
Ozariig  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:34:33 AM(UTC)
Ozariig

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for the AAR! On the bright side they are more likely to want to play the game with you again :)
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:49:52 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Well about 2 hours ago my son asked when are we playing again so he can beast me again. So yeah they are intrested.

To be honest, son already plays Star Trek Attack Wing (hes very good with klingons) and hes learning Lord Of Rings SBG bit by bit. Tanks was a good opporyunity to start teaching my 5 year old daughter some basics of wargaming, I believe women are just as welcome to hobby and your never too young to start. I played my first 40k game at 6 years old if I remember.

Should be another game soon, my bro and I this weekend plan to put my Fury platoon through its first official painted up action. Will snap a few pics this time.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Zerstorer  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 4:31:40 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Bump