Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lotorc  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:02:16 AM(UTC)
Lotorc

Has this kit started shipping out yet? Has anybody played it or noticed it showing up at their FLGS? This one will have a number of interesting mechanics and scenario rules (captured honey, artillery, 3 mats, etc.) - I'm excited to play some practice games and wanted to get an idea of when it will be released or uploaded as a PDF here. Thanks!

Edited by user Monday, October 9, 2017 12:51:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Waster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:22:47 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Our FLGS doesn't have it yet. Been almost 2 months since we got month 2 in the mail.
Kinda disappointed because I bought the new terrain pack and we don't actually have the full rules for Rommel's Honey, even though it was included on the sheet. Feels like an oversight that those packs contain no rules. If I wasn't very keyed-in to Tanks news as a regular customer picking that pack up in a shop or online, I'd probably never figure out how to use most of the stuff in that pack. I'd have to hunt down two different PDFs that don't have a dedicated section on the website, as well as recognize that the OPS kits were even related to the product I had bought. Sigghhhh.
thanks 1 user thanked Waster for this useful post.
Lotorc on 10/10/2017(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:37:35 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Just a little bit of reorganisation of the website would help greatly.
As you say, a dedicated section for the OPs and extra packs wouldn't go amiss.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
CmdrRook  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:18:45 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
We've just received our copy of month 3. It appears Minefields have still not been errata-ed, and seeing as how Germans play a key role in the event, I can't recommend that defenders choose Minefields at all without a House Rule adding the Engine Fire crit clause: "If this damage causes the tank to lose its last Hull point, it is immediately destroyed," to the Minefields rule.

As I've outlined previously, the rules specifically allow Germans to Blitzkrieg over a mine in the command phase and then spend the entire next turn continuing to move, obstruct, and shoot without any hull points remaining. I don't have a problem with Final Fury, but this is a whole different level.
CmdrRook  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:56:51 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

I apologize for double posting, but I've discovered am additional issue in the phrasing of next month's mission that demands separate attention.

It defines that British are Defenders. Attackers are then reasonably any other faction opposing defenders. It then goes on to specify German players"determining which one gets to bring Rommel" and Allied Players, who are allowed to bring fortifications as part of their platoons. This begs two questions:

1. If two German players face each other, must they agree which one of them is allowed to bring Rommel?

2. If two allies face each other, do they both get to bring fortifications, including the attacker?

Furthermore, during pick up games, the defender may bring up to six fortifications in their Platoon, replacing standard terrain buildings. Does that replace the buildings the attacker gets to place, too?
Lotorc  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:31:43 AM(UTC)
Lotorc

If I may, another follow up question. Is this scenario designed for 300 points per side? 3v3? I saw three mats, three sets of terrain, etc.
CmdrRook  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 12:02:24 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Yes, the third month is typically a multiplayer scenario in each op.