Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Feldi  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:30:39 AM(UTC)
Feldi

Hi guys!

Tomorrow I will have my first game with my new British tanks. I don´t know yet what my buddy will play but for me that is no big problem because I thought that I want to try a classic British Armoured Platoon:

Firefly 21
Cromwell 23
Cromwell 23
Cromwell 23

Currently: 90 pts

Could you guys give me some advice how to spent those last 10 pts?
I would really appreciate it!

Thank you.
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:28:40 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Feldi Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys!

Tomorrow I will have my first game with my new British tanks. I don´t know yet what my buddy will play but for me that is no big problem because I thought that I want to try a classic British Armoured Platoon:

Firefly 21
Cromwell 23
Cromwell 23
Cromwell 23

Currently: 90 pts

Could you guys give me some advice how to spent those last 10 pts?
I would really appreciate it!

Thank you.

Give the Firefly liquid courage, give one Cromwell a Radio Coordinator and the other 2 Cromwell's get Bloodthirsty Gunner. Use the Firefly in overwatch to cover your 2 Cromwell's with the gunners as they try to close to range 1 to get the +1 attack die and denies the enemy 1 attack die. Try to maneuver for flank shots as well, since that totally nerfs return fire from enemy assault guns and flank takes another defense die away. If a Cromwell in range 1 survives and the enemy is still there as well after a round of combat, then I often stay stationary to get the maximum return out of semi-indrect fire or stationary rerolls...and with initiative 8 the Cromwell is often shooting first. Note that one Cromwell has the radio coordinator to give your Firefly initiative 8 when shooting...so be more careful with that Cromwell. Sometimes it is fun to feint in one direction and then reverse field the next turn with fast tanks....hard for a slower enemy to keep up. The liquid courage is there to hopefully keep that Firefly from bailing out, or getting a stunned or shocked crew....you need that big gun firing!

All this for your 100 points!

Edited by user Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:30:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Feldi  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 11:18:23 PM(UTC)
Feldi

Thank you!

Really appreciated :) .