Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tenente  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:38:09 AM(UTC)
Tenente

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well, as promised, I am not only "keeping calm and eating pasta" (actually I eat pasta every day, could never believe that my cooking would be so irresistible :-) ), but I also thought about the unofficial supplement rules I had in mind. Here are the first draft ideas, would be really great to hear everyone who is interested to input (comments, play-test, suggestions, critique) into this work. Also, since I can't still figure out how to do attachments to my posts, I'll just copy-paste from word into here.... so, here it goes...

Tanks! – Girls und Panzer expansion.

Introduction

This is a completely unofficial development, created by the GuP fan-base, who by some fortunate turn of events happen to be fans of GF9 – Tanks! game system. This is a document in development and will be updated as play-testing goes ahead. As pointed out, being completely unofficial, no copyright infringement is intended, and this work is completely open-source – i.e. no financial benefit intended from this work.

1) Start of the game

At the start both teams roll for initiative. The winner may decide to keep the initiative or not. The player without the initiative may then decide upon the board edge and must deploy all tanks that are not in flank marching (see "Flank Marches" below), the player with the initiative may then decide which of his tanks he will put into ambush and which of them he will set-up openly. Those that are in “ambush” will have their locations secretly noted as to which terrain feature they are located “hidden” in. They are only revealed if they shoot, or an opponents tank moves by within 4 inches at any point in its’ turn.

Flank Marches: The side that did not keep the initiative may decide which of his tanks, if any, will arrive from the flanks - this is done after your open forces are deployed but before the opponent with initiative sets-up any of his tanks. To do this, the player nominates secretly before deployment which tanks are flanking, and from what flank they will do so (left or right board edge, enemy's board edge). Once game starts, the tanks will not arrive until given the order to do so. The order may be given whenever your tanks are activated. Once the order is given, roll a D6, on a 4-6, they arrive normally this turn and may activate as if they were deployed this turn (however note, initiative rules apply, if for example the tank has initiative 4, and all the initiative 4 tanks did their turns and now it is currently initiative 5 movement, then the newly arrived tank will not move, but it can however shoot). On a roll of 1-3, this tank does not arrive this turn and you must roll at the start of the next turn, continue doing this until you roll 4-6 on any start of the turn (note: only permitted to roll once per turn)

2) Supplement rules: competition type and force sizes

There are two competition types, one is “annihilation match” and the other is “flag tank immobilization match”. In the first instance, the side wins that manages to immobilize all opposing tanks. With the second instance, each side nominates a “flag tank” in their force. This is the target of all tanks in the opposing side, once taken out, you loose and the match ends immediately. If sides are composed of allied contingents, then still only one tank is nominated as a flag tank. So, one “flag tank” per side.

Sides are to be composed as follows:

• Low tier match: maximum of 5 tanks per side, maximum of 150 points allowed. Tank and crew upgrades are included into these points limits.
• Mid tier match: maximum of 10 tanks per side, maximum of 300 points allowed. Tank and crew upgrades are included into these points limits.
• High tier match: maximum of 20 tanks per side, maximum of 600 points allowed. Tank and crew upgrades are included into these points limits.

For every 50 points (i.e. batches of 0-50 points) below the force limit, your side may take one of the universal rules as detailed below.

There is no restriction upon tank nationalities – any wild mix is allowed. You may or may not tailor your force to a specific national identity, or school composition. The choice is completely yours.

During “flag tank immobilization match”, the flag tank gains bonus 1 to it’s initiative, bonus 1 to it’s firepower and if it is a medium or light tank, gains bonus 1 to it’s defence score.

3) Universal rule options

These rules are for those who would like to tailor their schools to specific tactical approaches to battle. Universal means that this rule applies to all tanks in that side. Please note, in this supplement, all national rules from the official Tanks! rules (like gung-ho and Blitzkrieg, etc.) on the cards are discarded, and they would apply to all tanks in your side, be they German, British or whatever. However, you must pay the price of having a smaller team for every skill. Only up to two skills at maximum are allowed per team. They are as follows:

1. Improvisation: All of your tanks will either gain initiative (win the roll off) automatically at the start of the turn, or you may place “decoys” at the start of the game. “Decoys” are in fact dummy tanks – you may place models on the table and secretly write down who are the dummies, if any or all of them are. Note, if you win the roll off, you may place ambushes (as described earlier) AND place decoys – perfect for completely ruining your opponents plans.
2. Scout schooling: All of your tanks gain scout rules. Scout tanks reveal all hidden tanks within 24 inches at any point in their move.
3. Sniper tankery: All tanks within your force do extra damage when they score critical hits (on top of any damage caused by special effects). If a “lucky shot” option is drawn, then instead of doing extra damage, perform not 2 but 4 damage points onto the enemy tank.
4. Cautious: All your tanks gain ambush capability, even if you loose the initiative roll-off. However, you may not choose table edges, regardless if you actually loose the initiative roll.
5. Gung-ho: Just as in the official rules
6. Blitzkrieg: Just as in the official rules
7. Coordinated Fire: Just as in the official rules
8. Speed monster engine modifications!: up to All (you decide how many and which ones) your tanks gain “Fast” special rule. However, if you are medium to light tanks, you loose one hit point for this. If your are Heavy tank, instead of loosing a hit point value you must roll a D6 every time you use the “Fast” rule (i.e. every time before you perform a third manoeuvre), on a 1 or 2, engine overheats. Roll further, 1-2, your tank is destroyed (engine catches fire, a immobilized), 3-6, you remain stationary and do nothing else.

4) Light tanks and tankettes

All light tanks (those that actually are designated as lights - check wikipedia or source-books on tanks if not sure if your tank is a light, but I am pretty sure you will definitely know if it is a tankette though) automatically gain scout rules (repeating this rule above: scout tanks reveal all hidden tanks within 24 inches at any point in their move.). Also, when rolling for initiative, for every light tank or tankette you have, you gain a bonus point to the roll.

I will be shortly developing rules and stats for some non-existant tanks in the rules set. So watch this space for CV33 (thanks to those who made their inputs, I'll be integrating them together), T26's, T60's, T70's, Elefant and Ferdinand guns, BT42's, KV1's and KV2's and etc. and etc.

Hope to hear from some people soon.......

Edited by user Friday, March 16, 2018 2:05:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"This is the way Anzio fight!"
―Anchovy
thanks 3 users thanked Tenente for this useful post.
Ozariig on 3/8/2018(UTC), CraigH on 3/8/2018(UTC), OCD Paul on 3/8/2018(UTC)
OCD Paul  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
OCD Paul

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Not sure how much of the older posts you've looked through, but this thread has a ton of ideas for different tank models:

http://tanks.gf9games.co...89&g=posts&t=305

Hetzer specific: http://tanks.gf9games.co...9&g=posts&t=1244

EW tanks with 38(t) ideas : http://tanks.gf9games.co...9&g=posts&t=1233

Jdpz IV L/70 and more ideas: http://tanks.gf9games.co...=posts&t=915&p=2

Those are just the ones I could find right now (which is handy because I wanted to grab those before the forums close down) If anyone else can remember/find the other developed stats already that would be grand :)

I like the idea of the universal rules and like to game those out sometime to see how well they play, see how worth it they are for 50pts. Thank you again for compiling all this together! I have a bunch of resins on the way to put together and paint getting a few schools ready to play with friends eventually.
Trying to keep the discussion alive Here
thanks 1 user thanked OCD Paul for this useful post.
Tenente on 3/8/2018(UTC)
Tenente  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:28:37 PM(UTC)
Tenente

Originally Posted by: OCD Paul Go to Quoted Post
Not sure how much of the older posts you've looked through, but this thread has a ton of ideas for different tank models:

http://tanks.gf9games.co...89&g=posts&t=305

Hetzer specific: http://tanks.gf9games.co...9&g=posts&t=1244

EW tanks with 38(t) ideas : http://tanks.gf9games.co...9&g=posts&t=1233

Jdpz IV L/70 and more ideas: http://tanks.gf9games.co...=posts&t=915&p=2

Those are just the ones I could find right now (which is handy because I wanted to grab those before the forums close down) If anyone else can remember/find the other developed stats already that would be grand :)

I like the idea of the universal rules and like to game those out sometime to see how well they play, see how worth it they are for 50pts. Thank you again for compiling all this together! I have a bunch of resins on the way to put together and paint getting a few schools ready to play with friends eventually.

Great! Cheers for those referrals. Note I meant that for every batch of 50 points. So, if max is 300 points, lists between 300-250 get 1 such skill, lists between 200-250 get two such skills, and note that only two skills per school, which means that if for the same 300 points, you do 180 say, you may only still pick two universal rules and then max out on upgrades. I guess, test this one out and let me know if this sounds reasonable of a limitation, or should it be just lifted for more imagination and creation.

Also, the idea behind the universal school rules is that it gives an option to each player - max out on the tanks and only keep one of the school specialties, or would you rather go less tanks but get more aces up your sleeve. So this is my take on balancing the game out - this gives more options for those that don't create big brutal tough-nut lists, and it makes sense really, schools like the Jatkosota (I have to admit, I like them more than Anzio or St Gloriana - they have got my cheer every time) rely on skill, rather than heavy stuff - some schools will be church-rat poor (even more poor that Ooarai) and really rely on their skill base. Same would apply to any other school you create - it gives place for imagination. Off-course schools like Saunders would max out on tanks and pick Gung-ho or Kuromorimine would go heavy-crazy and pick only Blitzkrieg rule....

They may not be worth those 50 points however, so require play-testing and tweaking as you go. Saying that, friends who are up for such "experimental" works, I rarely see, so my play-testing will include solo-gaming, so there may be occasional inputs from me as well. Also, if additional thoughts come to mind on more "school universal" rules, throw them out. More than welcome to add suggestions, corrections, and etc. and etc. I hope this will be a community development rather than just me babbling the crazy ideas in my head.

Also, note the flag-tank special rules, made such that players would feel a bit more inclined on committing them. If you think there are better ways of doing this - let me know, I am still not sure that this sounds attractive enough to commit such an asset.

Some rules I have in plan to add are: reserves, flank-arrivals (to cover for the fact that table areas are finite, and it will be hard to re-create the whole play-field) and etc. Universal rules, I need to imagine more things, so in short, watch this space.....
―Anchovy
Tenente  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:50:20 PM(UTC)
Tenente

Hello everyone, just added this forum excerpt into another one, found here:

http://tanksskirmishgame...om/f1-general-discussion

And yes, my Avatar and name I kept the same.
―Anchovy
Tenente  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 1:57:53 AM(UTC)
Tenente

Hello all, just a few thoughts visited me since last time and I thought of some rules to add. They have been put in italic to keep track where the changes are. Critique is welcome. I will convert from italic to normal in 7 days time.

Cheers all,

Tenente
―Anchovy
thanks 1 user thanked Tenente for this useful post.
Ozariig on 3/16/2018(UTC)