Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
L30NJHK  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:53:11 AM(UTC)
L30NJHK

Hi, I love tanks (and TANKS) and love playing with my friend who usally rolls out with America. I adore german tanks, but I was wondering if you might add any of these:

Maus - mabye with like a “slow rule” that lets you not move twice, but these superheavies have this armour
Tiger II - tiger but with 3 def dice?
Hetzer (Hey, in the rule book i saw a painting of cromwells or something driving past a destoryed hetzer)
Wespe - like the priest
Tiger I (P)
Karl Mortar? - would be funny to see this one (600mm caliber gun!)
Panzer I & II
Strumpanzer II
Jagdtiger

T95/T28

BT-5 & 7
IS-3 - to counter the king tiger
KV-1
KV-1S
KV-2
T-28 - the multi turret?

Churchill Gun Carrier
Alecto
Tetrach - can be lend leased to Ussr
Tortoise
Daimler armoured car - like the puma
A13
Matilda - QUEEN OF THE DESERT (sorry, but because you are doing desert tanks and im sad not to see this tank roll out)

Anyway I know this is a long list, I haven’t really given much thought to it amd how hard it would be to produce, but i love this game and to see my favourite tanks would be amazing. I mean you could have a tiny game with early war tanks like the bt7 & panzer I, or big games with a Maus, T95 or a karl mortar.

Also I was sad to see that the youtube videos stoped as well. The tanks you guys
paint are awesome! Can we see some video tutorials please?

Well done and keep up the good work, looking forward to see the Churchill and valentine.
JagdWehrwolf  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 4:04:25 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Ahoi!
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to dampen Your enthusiasm, but I got a feeling that outside of fan-made content a lot of the tanks from Your list will not see a release. As the game is in symbiosis with Flames of War there is a slim chance for plastic releases for prototypes (Maus, Tiger P, T95/28, Churchill Gun Carrier, Alecto, Tortoise). I can't really see IS-3 (being deployed too late) or Sturmpanzer II (built in insignificant numbers) being done too.
But not all is doom and gloom. As new edition of FoW will progress into different theatres and phases of war we might see some of these vehicles (King Tiger, Jagdtiger, Hetzer for late war; Panzers I & II, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t), BT-series, maybe T-26, for early war). In the End-of-the-Year summary video it is said that after completing Desert War releases, next waves will focus on Eastern Front, so we may see Wespe and KV-1/2 sooner rather than later. And, as You rightly said, after first wheeled vehicle it would be a wasted opportunity not to add at least some of the large variety of British scout cars to plastic line.

thanks 1 user thanked JagdWehrwolf for this useful post.
L30NJHK on 12/24/2017(UTC)
Phoenix77  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 3:40:32 PM(UTC)
Phoenix77

Quote:
Hetzer (Hey, in the rule book i saw a painting of cromwells or something driving past a destoryed hetzer)

Well, I did have an idea for the Hetzer. Here are some characteristics of the hetzer for your own need, if you want.

Armor- 20mm to 60mm (sloped parts made it equivalent to 95mm to 120mm)
Speed- 26.1 mph
Gun- 75mm Pak 39
Crew- Highly Trained, most Hetzer crews were more disciplined and were in training camps longer then most other crews shuch as the StuG or the Panzer IV, crew total of 4
Hull- Welded onto the chassis with the main armor in one piece

So my ideas for stats would be-
6 initiative
4 attack
1 armor
6 hull points
3 crew slots
Hull Gun
Cautious (still thinking about adding this one or not)
Total points would be 20

This is just one idea I had for tanks and i have much more but this is the only one that I have put my entire thought into so far.

ocool_15  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 5:23:00 AM(UTC)
ocool_15

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We've been working o a set of EW stats for this game locally. There isn't enough resolution to put a panzer II or BT with the existing units. Panzer I only would have Machine guns so would be basically pointless. The T28s secondary weapons were just MGs so your probably thinking T35s, wtih the 75mm and 2x 45mm.
Zerstorer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 7:00:38 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ocool_15 Go to Quoted Post
We've been working o a set of EW stats for this game locally. There isn't enough resolution to put a panzer II or BT with the existing units. Panzer I only would have Machine guns so would be basically pointless. The T28s secondary weapons were just MGs so your probably thinking T35s, wtih the 75mm and 2x 45mm.

We have played several games using early war tanks that I generated and the games have been fine. Tanks with rapid fire light guns (panzer 2) or guns up to around 50mm short get 3 attack dice. Obsolete guns (37mm short as in the FT-17 or the R35) get 2 attack dice. MG armed tanks get 2 attack dice. You might consider not allowing them to score critical hits, but we have not felt the need to do that. 2 attack dice sucks enough. Most early war tanks are armor 0 with very few hit points. French tanks and some Russian tanks are an exception, either armor 1 with lots of hits (Char B1, KV-1, KV-2; heavy tanks, but slow as well) or armor 0 with a higher number of hits than others. For the French, iirc I used formidable for their national trait and this allows them to ignore their first crew casualty, shell shocked or stunned crew result (thanks for suggestions on this gang!).

Don’t make your points costs by taking a mid or late tank and extrapolating down. If you do, the early war tanks are way too cheap. Kind of figure that the cheapest tank is 8 pts and work up from there. We also set up our early war games with 75 points or less per side. If you go with 100 pts for a very early battle....say in Poland....you will have too many tanks for a 3x3 board....perhaps just move up to a 4x4 if you go over 75 pts.
ocool_15  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:25:13 AM(UTC)
ocool_15

Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post

We have played several games using early war tanks that I generated and the games have been fine. Tanks with rapid fire light guns (panzer 2) or guns up to around 50mm short get 3 attack dice. Obsolete guns (37mm short as in the FT-17 or the R35) get 2 attack dice. MG armed tanks get 2 attack dice. You might consider not allowing them to score critical hits, but we have not felt the need to do that. 2 attack dice sucks enough. Most early war tanks are armor 0 with very few hit points. French tanks and some Russian tanks are an exception, either armor 1 with lots of hits (Char B1, KV-1, KV-2; heavy tanks, but slow as well) or armor 0 with a higher number of hits than others. For the French, iirc I used formidable for their national trait and this allows them to ignore their first crew casualty, shell shocked or stunned crew result (thanks for suggestions on this gang!).

Don’t make your points costs by taking a mid or late tank and extrapolating down. If you do, the early war tanks are way too cheap. Kind of figure that the cheapest tank is 8 pts and work up from there. We also set up our early war games with 75 points or less per side. If you go with 100 pts for a very early battle....say in Poland....you will have too many tanks for a 3x3 board....perhaps just move up to a 4x4 if you go over 75 pts.

I assume your limiting it strictly to EW only tanks then? I tried Japanese but with only 3 attack dice each they were pretty terrible. I really like the Type 89 tanks but in this rule set they don't seem good enough. 4-3-0-4 and speed 1 with +1 attack at close range is what I had for stats for 5 pts. In my EW stats a Czech 38T is 17 pts and a Brit Cruiser MK IV is 15 to give you a relative idea of the scale. If you don't scale the points cost up then upgrade cards become too expensive to bother with.
Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 3:30:24 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
15 points seems to much for a 38t. Isn’t a Panzer III short 11 pts? Up-armored 38t’s are about equal to a Panzer III short. I have been running early 38t’s as 4-3-1-3, 10 points. Armor 1is generous, but only 3 hit points seems to make them brittle enough.

Edited by user Sunday, January 7, 2018 3:41:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ocool_15  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 4:22:13 PM(UTC)
ocool_15

Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
15 points seems to much for a 38t. Isn’t a Panzer III short 11 pts? Up-armored 38t’s are about equal to a Panzer III short. I have been running early 38t’s as 4-3-1-3, 10 points. Armor 1is generous, but only 3 hit points seems to make them brittle enough.

For our EW stats that I made they are both 17 points. 38T has +1 initiative vs the panzer III having +1 hull point