Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CmdrRook  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 5:17:49 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Since my other thread was criminally unclear in intent and importance, here's a better one.
How much is this card supposed to cost?

Pictured: the Smoke Rounds upgrade from the German Pz.IV Long expansion on the left at 3 points. The one from the m7 Priest on the right costs 2 points. Both of these costs are reflected on the back of these cards, so it's not a simple misprint. There are literally two versions of this card that were made, for no discernable reason.

Which one is correct? Asking for a friend.

It's me. I'm the friend.
thanks 2 users thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
JagdWehrwolf on 12/7/2017(UTC), Waster on 12/7/2017(UTC)
Axeman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:30:12 PM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Oh dear. Far too many inconsistencies and mistakes in tbe production of this game.
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:50:48 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Well....I would say a house rule is necessary till we receive official guidance. One argument would be to use the first card that came out...so 3 pts. Another argument might be to allow everyone who gets it to pay only 2pts, so no one gets an edge.

I am going to bet that 2pts will be the final verdict. It makes sense to me, since other ammo types that are of greater use cost 2 pts or 1 pt. Smoke rounds really aren’t of much value now unless the shooter has a higher initiative than the target. In the case of other ammo types, if u can survive a higher initiative tank shooting at u first, then your hot rounds are in play. If a targeted tank has higher initiative and shoots first, then what good is smoking him, other than to blind your lower initiative mates?

Smoke rounds would be more useful if their effect lasted till the smoke shooter’s next shooting phase....or simply put down a cotton puff of a pre determined size where the shooter wants it if they score a hit and it stays there through the end of the shooting phase of the following turn and gives smoke effects for a shooter shooting through it.
CmdrRook  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 3:23:57 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
Well....I would say a house rule is necessary till we receive official guidance. One argument would be to use the first card that came out...so 3 pts. Another argument might be to allow everyone who gets it to pay only 2pts, so no one gets an edge.

I am going to bet that 2pts will be the final verdict. It makes sense to me, since other ammo types that are of greater use cost 2 pts or 1 pt. Smoke rounds really aren’t of much value now unless the shooter has a higher initiative than the target. In the case of other ammo types, if u can survive a higher initiative tank shooting at u first, then your hot rounds are in play. If a targeted tank has higher initiative and shoots first, then what good is smoking him, other than to blind your lower initiative mates?

Smoke rounds would be more useful if their effect lasted till the smoke shooter’s next shooting phase....or simply put down a cotton puff of a pre determined size where the shooter wants it if they score a hit and it stays there through the end of the shooting phase of the following turn and gives smoke effects for a shooter shooting through it.

You could house rule it that it places a small terrain that applies the -3 attack and cover to things inside. My concern with the other "fix" is that smoke rounds then becomes a shoe-in every time. Every tank has smoke rounds, and games get REAAALY long. If you were all but guaranteed to have -3 attack after your first turn, tanks with 2 defense become nigh invincible, and tanks with 3 or 4 attack become glorified bumper cars. The chance of having a lower init than your target keeps the rounds a balanced, if risky, investment.

As is, I expect the cost to be 2, as the Priest was released later and has a higher probability of being the "final" version of the card.
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 3:28:49 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Im just gonna say for my games at home, cost on card applies.

Dont really use smoke rounds if im honest.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 11:33:05 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Sean? Andrew? Any input here would be greatly appreciated.
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:11:22 PM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Smoke Rounds should be 2 points.
thanks 2 users thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
CmdrRook on 12/13/2017(UTC), Dr Large on 12/13/2017(UTC)
CmdrRook  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:38:36 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Originally Posted by: Sean at TANKS HQ Go to Quoted Post
Smoke Rounds should be 2 points.

Thanks for the clarification.