Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shifty33  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:30:14 AM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Is there any reason to flip faceup the lee turret for the grant?
Just confirmed that if u leave it face down u don't suffer the -1 penalty.

Was this a missed thing or is there a benifit in taking the int 4 grant down to 4 ?
Swished3  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:59:44 PM(UTC)
Swished3

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I don't know what you mean by "face up," but I took the Lee turret for a Grant a played last Saturday. We were doing the OP1 Desert Fox scenario, and -1 init didn't matter since the Germans were boosted by Rommel anyway. The -1 in cost meant I could put an additional upgrade on the Grant. Basically if you aren't concerned about the init (or have it boosted elsewhere), it's a way to save a point in your build (or several with several Grants).
shifty33  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:03:37 PM(UTC)
shifty33

When an upgrade ard is facedown the effects of the card does not apply. Confirmed this in the rules section with Sean from hq. Since the lee turret upgrade do sent have u the eye on back statin it must be faceup u could get the -1 point and not gain the -1 int if u just never flip it over to use it for its effect. So I'm wondering if there a situation ibwould want to have -1 int on the grant tank.
CmdrRook  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:01:31 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
It's an armor card. If it doesn't have the always face up clause or symbol, it's in error.
Swished3  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 2:00:19 PM(UTC)
Swished3

Originally Posted by: shifty33 Go to Quoted Post
When an upgrade ard is facedown the effects of the card does not apply. Confirmed this in the rules section with Sean from hq. Since the lee turret upgrade do sent have u the eye on back statin it must be faceup u could get the -1 point and not gain the -1 int if u just never flip it over to use it for its effect. So I'm wondering if there a situation ibwould want to have -1 int on the grant tank.

Check that thread again. He said the Lee Turret upgrade (or downgrade?) must be face up the entire game (which makes perfect sense).
LordOfKhemri  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 8:10:43 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Rook makes a valid point though.
If the card doesn't have the eye stating that it must be face up from the start then playing by the rules means it can stay unturned.

I'm not familiar with the card itself as I am struggling to gain any enthusiasm for the Desert stuff but I keep an eye (no pun intended) on things.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Dr Large  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:33:08 PM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Khemi,
The lee card is a grant only upgrade that costs -1 and gives -1 initiative.
I am of the opinion that as the turret is significantly different to the grant turret the card should be face up and if possible actually using the lee turret on the model :)

Edited by user Monday, August 21, 2017 3:28:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: appalling grammar opps

Swished3  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:19:47 AM(UTC)
Swished3

Originally Posted by: Andrew at Tanks HQ Go to Quoted Post
Sweet thanks now I know what I noticed it correct with the lee turret :p

Lee turrets must be played face up. Card that only confer a negative rule for a reduction of points must start the game face up, as there would be no reason to flip them.

This will be included in our upcoming FAQ document that we are currently working on.

shifty33  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:36:50 AM(UTC)
shifty33

Originally Posted by: Swished3 Go to Quoted Post

Check that thread again. He said the Lee Turret upgrade (or downgrade?) must be face up the entire game (which makes perfect sense).

Yup saw that lol figured it would faqd. Don't see why it didn't get the eye ball on the back tho to begin with lol
CraigH  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 3:09:11 AM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dr Large Go to Quoted Post
Khemi,
The lee card is a grant only upgrade that costs -1 and gives -1 initiative.
I am of the opinion that is the turret is significantly different to the grant turret the card should be face up and if possible actually using the lee turret on the model :)

Exactly - I just built up the Grant last night and you can also build the Lee turret without resorting to magnets for swapping.