Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Metus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 1:25:12 PM(UTC)
Metus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey tankers need a rules clarification on Vasily Krysov Driver upgrade

+2 Int You can re-roll one Defence Die for each move you made this turn.

So how exactly does that work? Is it I re-roll x amount of defense die equal to my movement each time that tank is attacked(ie I moved 2, so I get to reroll two defense die everytime that tank is attacked in a turn.) or just a total amount of defense die equal to my movement for that turn (Ie i moved 2, I get to re-roll a total of two defense dice for the entire turn)

Thank you in advance for your time.
Chargers  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 11:46:28 PM(UTC)
Chargers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That's a good question. Hadn't thought of it that there could be two ways to interpret that.

We played option A (each time) and it's way too strong. Option B (entire turn) would be much more reasonable for the points.
1000cc of testosterone
Waster  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 1:45:47 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
We've been playing with things like that as printed (if it says per turn, it MEANS per turn) but it's yet another instance of inconsistent wording in this game that makes it hard to convince new players the game takes itself seriously at all. I know the game isn't supposed to be super nailed down and precise, but the sheer amount of loose and imprecise wording on so many of the cards really makes me wonder why the team's been so resistant to a FAQ or comprehensive rules doc.

For instance, there's no clear consensus on just what the heck Dr. Franz B. does. He lets you make a normal move, but there's no indication of what "Normal" means in this context. Does it mean you move up to one arrow? Does it mean you move one arrow and place a movement token on the tank? Or does it mean, as many seem to think, that you move as many times as you normally could during the movement phase and place NO movement tokens?!

No one outside the team knows for sure, and they're not telling.
LordOfKhemri  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 7:54:53 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
HQ's reply to a similar question I raised a month or so ago implied that any movement outside the movement phase does not incur a speed token unless stated otherwise, e.g. cautious.

We play that Vasily rerolls for each attack made on him. I can see your point though.
Plus, as it stands, Vasily is my favourite hero, so I have a vested interest in him continuing in this way :)

As I have said previously, the game needs to have the rules run through players whose job is to interpret rules in as many unusual ways as possible. No need to make rules more complicated, just better worded.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
thanks 1 user thanked LordOfKhemri for this useful post.
Waster on 2/5/2017(UTC)
Marengo  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 10:22:51 AM(UTC)
Marengo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
As printed, I think it difficult to argue for "a" - i.e every time.

e.g - if you move twice you can re-roll 2 dice.
- you are attacked and re-roll 2 dice. If you are attacked again, you cannot re-roll a further 2 dice because then you would have re-rolled 4 dice not 2.
thanks 1 user thanked Marengo for this useful post.
JagdWehrwolf on 2/5/2017(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:39:48 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
In defence of my mate Vasily, he advances in a zig-zag pattern.
So he will zig and zag for all tanks attacking him, thus receiving the rerolls for all attacks.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
CmdrRook  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:53:25 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Let's frame Marengo's assertion in another context. Attacking. Ernst Barkmann makes a second attack if his first deals no damage, but if he used a stationary reroll for his first attack, he can not use it for the second, because he already used it this turn. Same is true for precise loader, et cetera, is it not?

I'm with Marengo's reading of the rules on this, and not just because Vasily kicks my ass all the time.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:55:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Auto correct is a douchebag.

Metus  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:21:35 AM(UTC)
Metus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the feedback guys. Talked to HQ about it today and option 'b' is how the card is worded and should be played (I moved 'x' so I can reroll 'x' defense die total this turn for this upgrade.) Which makes sense as the upgrade is missing the "While defending" keywords.
thanks 1 user thanked Metus for this useful post.
Waster on 2/7/2017(UTC)