Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ghalgor  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:11:19 PM(UTC)
ghalgor

Can a tank suffer the effects of multiple bail outs? So if I have 3 bail outs, I have to remove all three, one (hopefully) each turn?

Thanks
hithero  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 5:56:04 PM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
That's how we played, not sure its correct though.
WolfBenrath  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 7:41:25 PM(UTC)
WolfBenrath

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 28 post(s)
One repair per round.

"Each tank may attempt to repair the
Special Effect of one Critical card with
the Repairable keyword ..."
Feuer Frei !!!
Graeme  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:00:10 PM(UTC)
Graeme

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WolfBenrath Go to Quoted Post
One repair per round.

I think the question here is if a tank is suffering the effects of multiple bail out effects do the crew "Bail in" after just 1 successful repair roll or do they need to repair all 3, in the case listed. I would say all 3 need to be repaired, but that might not be the way the designers envisaged it working, for bail outs or for any repairable crit.
ghalgor  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:09:34 PM(UTC)
ghalgor

Originally Posted by: Graeme Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WolfBenrath Go to Quoted Post
One repair per round.

I think the question here is if a tank is suffering the effects of multiple bail out effects do the crew "Bail in" after just 1 successful repair roll or do they need to repair all 3, in the case listed. I would say all 3 need to be repaired, but that might not be the way the designers envisaged it working, for bail outs or for any repairable crit.

This is what I was asking, it might not have been worded the best, as I was posting mid game. I know I can only repair 1 card at a time.
JagdWehrwolf  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 12:01:00 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Graeme Go to Quoted Post

First post on the forum, so greetings to fellow tankers.

One thing that would resolve the conundrum would be an answer from GF9 guys, whether one tank can suffer multiple effects of the same type of crit, so as in example above, three "Bail Outs". For now I think it has to boil down to gentelmanly agreement.
1) You're assuming that multiple crit effects do not stack (the engine is broken and it cannot be more broken, or crew bailed and can not do it even more) and IMHO I think that was the intended rule (mind You, any damage inflicted should be included from multiple cards);
2)You can interpret it, that multiple crit cards represent the severity of the problem (engine hit with three crits is so FUBAR, that You'll spend half of the game trying to fix it or three Bail outs spooked the crew so much, that they staunchly refuse to get back to tank.
WolfBenrath  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 5:43:12 AM(UTC)
WolfBenrath

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 28 post(s)
A tank has two Bailed Out.
I think that need to be fixed twice.

Bailed Out:
This Tank cannot move or shoot.
Feuer Frei !!!
Sherigon  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:11:15 AM(UTC)
Sherigon

Just my two cents, but I think the Bail outs need to be cleared one at a time to represent the severity of the problem. Of course an official ruling on the issue would put the question to bed once and for all.
hithero  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:24:57 AM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherigon Go to Quoted Post
Just my two cents, but I think the Bail outs need to be cleared one at a time to represent the severity of the problem. Of course an official ruling on the issue would put the question to bed once and for all.

Nobody is saying any different, the question is, can a model have more than one crit card with the same effect allocated to it. There are no rules covering this at all (IE to re-draw or discard), so you just follow the rules as written and allocate the crit card to the model, even if it is already carrying that one.
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 10:07:50 AM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Yes each damage card must be dealt with on their own, one at a time.

If your tank has multiple bailed out cards, then you been really unlucky and have a massive morale issue with that tank, it will take more then one successful attempt to get this crew back into their tank.

If you tend to get a lot of the same damage cards in games having cards like Liquid Courage would be helpful to get your tanks moving again.

Some damage cards effects even stack, if you have to stunned crew each card will subtract one from your stats.

thanks 1 user thanked Andrew at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 6/27/2016(UTC)
ghalgor  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:03:53 PM(UTC)
ghalgor

Thanks, I was very unlucky that game, so it is good to know these stack.
Uthak  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:23:02 PM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrew at Tanks HQ Go to Quoted Post
Yes each damage card must be dealt with on their own, one at a time.

If your tank has multiple bailed out cards, then you been really unlucky and have a massive morale issue with that tank, it will take more then one successful attempt to get this crew back into their tank.

If you tend to get a lot of the same damage cards in games having cards like Liquid Courage would be helpful to get your tanks moving again.

Some damage cards effects even stack, if you have to stunned crew each card will subtract one from your stats.

We came across a similar scenario last night: And bare with me/read carefully, I'm not just repeating the question above...

I had to draw three critical cards from one single attack. Do I draw & apply them one after another, or do I draw all three cards first, spread them out and then chose which one to apply first? we have thus far been playing it "you draw ONE (1) card, apply its damage AND effect, then draw the next one after the resolve and so on", but after looking into this matter there is no official statement/ruletext other than this forum post and I find it leaves open whether you may SEE all critical cards from a hit or not.

/// The arising issue was that I drew an engine fire, damaged equipment and a stuck turret (all on a Jagdpanther). I happened to have a fire extinguisher and Quick Turn (amongst other things) on board. I had, accidentally, drawn all three critical cards together and flipped them together...

Now the dilemma arose when looking at the damaged equipment-effect: the fire extinguisher being the cheapest and "least useful/most limited useful" of my items would've been my clear choice, however since I made the "mistake" of drawing all cards together, I already knew I had to deal with a engine fire and would've made the decision to discard my Quick Turn (as I was at healthy range) instead...

since we normally play to draw one card after another I ultimately decided to discard the fire extinguisher, as I technically drew the damaged Equipment first and the Fire last.

Can you clarify what the ruling should be? get hit critically 3 times, draw three cards, look at them and apply them one by one (in deliberate order) or get hit critically 3 times, draw ONE card, look at it, apply it and then draw the next etc??

PS: if its okay to draw all critical cards at once and deal with them in random order "Schuerzen" would become the possibly best AND cheapest piece of armor in the game, as it would let you literally pick and chose among X critical cards to discard the worst. (whereas concrete armor only lets you discard the HIT, but that might have been a redundant hit such as Jammed Turret against an Assault gun)

Edited by user Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:33:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 11:12:59 AM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
You resolve each damage card one at a time. Draw one, resolve it and draw the next.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrew at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
Uthak on 6/27/2017(UTC)